Is UFC still worth 4 billion?

Would Lorenzo buy it back for 4 billion?

It's worth what someone will pay for it. It's not on the market so... 

8-12 right now.

CRE - 8-12 right now.

You're dreaming.

ProteinOverdrive - 
CRE - 8-12 right now.

You're dreaming.

…or vaping.

StrikingMMA -
ProteinOverdrive - 
CRE - 8-12 right now.

You're dreaming.

…or vaping.

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I’ll bet in 2 years it will be valued under a billion

4 billion pesos

10eroftheyear - 

Moving this event and paying off USADA and CSAC may be the beginning of what sinks the company. We're already seeing a tremendous amount of fan and fighter backlash from this decision. I'm guessing Dana and the rest of IMG are already beginning to regret this decision. 

It’ll mostly be forgotten a week after the show. Dana knows this and just wants to get the fight over with.

The fact that they made this decision, fucking all the fighters over and costing a lot of paying fans money shows they don’t give a fuck about the backlash. They know no matter what it’s still gonna do a decent number.

Between this and the Ostovich/Hardy stuff people should realise by now that the UFC don’t give a shit about bad PR.

The value of the UFC is based on the stream of revenue they generate. Seeing as how they are just about to enter into their massive ESPN deal, plus the rumours of them getting a larger percentage of ppv, I would assume the value is still high. 

pbody -

The value of the UFC is based on the stream of revenue they generate. Seeing as how they are just about to enter into their massive ESPN deal, plus the rumours of them getting a larger percentage of ppv, I would assume the value is still high. 

Someone gets it 

I doubt it's worth 4 bill. The ufc was peaking when they paid 4 bill. Ronda getting beat killed the upward swing, Brock gone, Silva is washed up Conor is there only legit star and he's not the best in his division. Aside the Conor/Kabib ppv most cards can't pull half a million ppv's. To me it looks like mma has peaked and is sinking back to only hardcore fans.

Depends, what's the investment horizon for something like this?  From my understanding, most private equity investments expect 5-7 years to obtain the projected ROI.  My knowledge of this is pretty elemetary so feel free to correct.  I'd appreciate it.

jpm995 -

I doubt it's worth 4 bill. The ufc was peaking when they paid 4 bill. Ronda getting beat killed the upward swing, Brock gone, Silva is washed up Conor is there only legit star and he's not the best in his division. Aside the Conor/Kabib ppv most cards can't pull half a million ppv's. To me it looks like mma has peaked and is sinking back to only hardcore fans.

What's the break even point for PPV buys for an event to be profitable?

nek -
jpm995 -

What's the break even point for PPV buys for an event to be profitable?

Wish i knew, somewhat depends on the how stacked the card is. The cable company was getting half, plus how much of the 4 bill to buy the ufc was financed? Overhead costs must be pretty high the group that bough the ufc is very high class. My guess would be at least a 100k ppv's to break even but i could be way off. Plus it may not be how much to be profitible but how much to pay your investors to keep them happy. They may want 50% profit for each show.

Has to be at least double that, now they’ve got the ESPN deal ($1.5bn deal) sorted plus international markets locked down. 

McGregor has a multi-fight deal, Jones is back, Velasquez signed a new deal, Askren on board.

UFC is extremely healthy. 

8-12 now

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
pbody -

Someone gets it 

Spike saw their number starting to fizzle HARD and walked instead of buying the BS Dana feeds you guys, they have had shit PPV numbers for a while not so maybe they MAKE UP for some they have lost but bullshit its to make more cash.

PS. The money is in Showtime and was HBO or regular channels as proved by Lomachenko numbers, not by premium channels nobody watches.