Is vanilla sky under appreciated?

Tom Cruise has made many great movies. I feel like this one doesn't get the credit it deserves.

People here love it. I don’t recall liking it very much though. 

I liked it. 

I love it.

Prime Cameron Diaz. Prime Penelope Cruz. Prime Tom Cruise.

Beep
The original is decent too.

I like it and wanted to watch again but haven’t been able to find it on Netflix or amazon so I gave up.

I went to the cinema to see this and it's the most people I've ever seen get up and leave during a movie.

I'm sure I would like it if I had just the slightest inkling as to what the fuck it was about.

Anyone want to give me a break down?

Redneck -

I'm sure I would like it if I had just the slightest inkling as to what the fuck it was about.

Crazy stalker fucks up her rich fuck buddy and leaves him permanently scarred.... he can’t get with the woman he loved before so gets himself put in a deep freeze sleep that enables him to lucid dream.... his dream starts to fall apart and he needs tech support to coax him out of his dream and back to the real world where they now have the tech to fix him...

TGP -
Redneck -

Crazy stalker fucks up her rich fuck buddy and leaves him permanently scarred.... he can’t get with the woman he loved before so gets himself put in a deep freeze sleep that enables him to lucid dream.... his dream starts to fall apart and he needs tech support to coax him out of his dream and back to the real world where they now have the tech to fix him...

Thanks man, awesome. That helps me a lot.

I read one interpretation that it all takes place over like 120 years or some shit, you ever heard that idea? That's the one that convinced me I have no clue how to read the movie.

I just thought it was about a handsome playboy who got mutilated in a car accident and he had difficulty in accepting his ugliness.

I dont think it helped that the original was just as good if not better. Always felt a bit cheap to take a complete thing and just put English speaking actors in it.

Everyone raves about the Departed but Infernal affairs imo was a better film and we got sequels.

Redneck -
TGP -
Redneck -

I read one interpretation that it all takes place over like 120 years or some shit, you ever heard that idea? That's the one that convinced me I have no clue how to read the movie.

I just thought it was about a handsome playboy who got mutilated in a car accident and he had difficulty in accepting his ugliness.

Erm yeah..... I would have thought it would be more like 1000 years.... I’ve kinda given the whole story away so this part won’t spoil anything.... cruise is loaded... he runs a major company so we know money is no problem for him..... when his dream has fallen apart the tech support guy who appears in his dram tells him that they now have the technology to fix him but also that his money won’t last long in that current time..... that always made me think he must have been in cryosleep for many many years for his wealth to have devalued....

TGP - 
Redneck -
TGP -
Redneck -

Erm yeah..... I would have thought it would be more like 1000 years.... I’ve kinda given the whole story away so this part won’t spoil anything.... cruise is loaded... he runs a major company so we know money is no problem for him..... when his dream has fallen apart the tech support guy who appears in his dram tells him that they now have the technology to fix him but also that his money won’t last long in that current time..... that always made me think he must have been in cryosleep for many many years for his wealth to have devalued....

He needed a better stock broker

Grate fookn muvi

TGP -
Redneck -
TGP -
Redneck -

Thanks man. It might have been 1,000 years that I read, I don't remember, just that I never picked up on the whole cryosleep thing at all.

I really do need to watch it again, I only attempted to watch it once and thought it was just a weird art film.

White347LX -

I like it and wanted to watch again but haven’t been able to find it on Netflix or amazon so I gave up.

I recently had the same experience 

Yes. Excellent movie. Tom cruise gets a lot of hate and his movies are criminally underrated. Of course he is nuts. But who in hollywood isnt if you listen to them speak?