Is Weidman done?

whoabro -
Mad Xyientist - No. He's not done. He's quite young. So I think he'll keep fighting. Phone Post 3.0
Huh? He's 31. Phone Post 3.0

It's not all age, how many miles are on his clock. Going too hard, for too long, for too many years will wear you out.

Pretty serious injury, might have to have discs fused.
May come back but mightn't ever be the same again Phone Post 3.0

dowthebow - Pretty serious injury, might have to have discs fused.

are you serious? because my angle was not his physical, but more about the UFC not trusting him anymore he would show up to fight.

SporkChop - I just rewatched his fight with rockhold and saw how gassed he was; his lack of cardio lost him that fight for the most part, IMO.

I think that his problem is that he doesn't do enough real cardio. It could be because he lives in New York and trains under the tutelage of a fat man in Ray Longo. Phone Post 3.0

Too busy eating that good pasta with Serra. ;)

dunn

Morpheus1976 -

are you serious? because my angle was not his physical, but more about the UFC not trusting him anymore he would show up to fight.

A full fusion is pretty serious.

Not too many have come back from that.

Tito?
Quarry?

I think miletich had one more fight? Phone Post 3.0

Morpheus1976 -

Spinal! Phone Post 3.0

You never know with injuries like these, but the disc rupture was low enough in the neck where Weidman could very well be back at 100% b the time November rolls around.  His attempts to mask the pain and ignore doctors advice were quite sobering to read about.  I'm really glad that his family and coaches were able to talk him into getting the sugery.  Whether you're a fan of Weidman or not, it's impossible to doubt his physical and mental toughness. 

Dodge135 -
whoabro -
Mad Xyientist - No. He's not done. He's quite young. So I think he'll keep fighting. Phone Post 3.0
Huh? He's 31. Phone Post 3.0

It's not all age, how many miles are on his clock. Going too hard, for too long, for too many years will wear you out.

He's very injury prone, and his style doesn't help.
If Chris was a stock, I'd be shorting him right now. Already had broken foot, knee surgery, shoulder surgery, and now spinal/ cervical surgery.

The guy's already peaked.... Phone Post 3.0