Is Wokeism actually profitable?

Companies keep doing it but, at least for the film industry, anytime a movie or franchise goes woke it seems to flop and be a miss with hardcore fans. This is just my cursory observation and could be completely off base. Has anyone seen anything proving it’s more profitable?

No. When you intentionally don’t advertise to a segment of the population that is actually working it runs counter to profits.

2 Likes

I think with the negative repercussions and (disproportionate) noise from the shrill left and their moral panic, it’s just easier for corporations to toe the line.

The rational right is less strident in their opposition to leftist BS so sponsors and advertisers pander to the unsilent minority

There was a guy on Rogan talking about this recently - I’ll try to find the clip.
Long story short, there’s actually a financial statement line item (at least as it pertains to getting big investment $$$) that deals with how social (woke) you are. The higher that number, the more likely VC firms & such are likely to invest in you.
I’m butchering the details, but that’s the general idea.

1 Like

nope and the analytics from their own lbieral data analysts state that Wokeism is overly represented and harms the democrats and classic liberals
young, loud attn whoring social media generation of “democrats” have their ideas and perspectives way over represented and their data analysts show how it does the opposite

VC groups are smart. Why do they care?

It was Adam Curry. And he was talking about ESG scores.

It was never meant to be profitable. Just “equitable”. And a demoralizing social engineering ploy.

1 Like

That’s it.
Here it is:

1 Like