Ishii, Monson, Growbowski, Volkov, Minakov

Would love to see these guys get to compete in the UFC with the UFC heavyweights.

Monson has fought forever, beaten a few big names, taken a bunch of big names the distance. I do not know the politics between the two parties but is a shame he did not get more UFC fights in his career. '

Just curious how Ishii could do against the non top ten UFC heavys. Would love to see him in UFC.

damn- thought it was a good thread

Agree with ishii, seeing how he's developing his game I would love to see him fight someone like stephan Struve Phone Post 3.0

Minakov is a beast, however he is still active in sambo competition and that limits the time he has to take MMA fights.

EDIT: Fucking double post.

Easytarget - Ishii should fight at LHW, I havent been following his career I assume he still fights at HW.

This. He'd be much more competitive at LHW. I do think he'd be a solid signing, even if he's not a Top 10 LHW.

Monson has expressed that he prefers freelancing and maintaining an ironman schedule when not injured, which is probably why he's not with the UFC.

Damian Grabowski would be a great signing but unfortunately he just went with M-1. Maybe he could be signed in a year or so though.

I really don't see Bellator letting Alexandr Volkov or Vitaly Minakov go anywhere. Sadly this is probably an unrealistic wish right now. Also, to leave Bellator you usually have to lose.

Dont really care about Monson or Grabowski, Ishii at LHW I'd be ok with and Volkov and Minakov as HW prospects would be cool.

Minakov is the guy everyone is talking about, he is the guy to watch in the upcoming HW tournament. Just wont know how good he is cause he wont be fighting anyone good in Bellator.

But he is probably the guy most hyped right now and fans look at as having the most potential.

Want to see this Minakov in the UFC. Let him stick his toes in the water with a fight vs Mitrionee or Miocic.

The UFC does an amazing job of getting the best of the heavyweights. Overeem, Barnett, Werdum, Mir, are some of the best ever and they have been shut out of the top three spots by Cain,dos Santos, and Cormier. Pretty amazing division.

Mir and Werdum are lucky they got Big Nog at the end of his career.

id love to see what minakov and volkov could do in the UFC

Although he looked pretty fucked up even before his fight against Alexey Oleinik that he took on like 12 days notice, Jeff Monson looked really bad. Oleinik is a pretty good journeyman with a solid record but he is not UFC level, and he tooled Monson. Monson is 42 and I think he's finally dropped off.

I don't know whether or not he should retire, but I don't think Monson is relevant anymore and it pains me to say that. Maybe take one final fight or something, like a rematch with Sylvia, then retire.

Anyway Grabowski, Volkov, and Minakov would all be solid signings but none are free agents right now, and Ishii would be a decent signing at LHW but he wouldn't be a contender. Still though, I'd sign the guy.

Among the HWs, Volkov and Minakov are tied to Bellator so neither one is likely to be leaving anytime soon unless they lose (and probably more than once). Grabowski is signed to M-1 so fuck if I know. He might be available down the road, in like 2015 or whatever.

Chromium - 

Although he looked pretty fucked up even before his fight against Alexey Oleinik that he took on like 12 days notice, Jeff Monson looked really bad. Oleinik is a pretty good journeyman with a solid record but he is not UFC level, and he tooled Monson. Monson is 42 and I think he's finally dropped off.

I don't know whether or not he should retire, but I don't think Monson is relevant anymore and it pains me to say that. Maybe take one final fight or something, like a rematch with Sylvia, then retire.

Anyway Grabowski, Volkov, and Minakov would all be solid signings but none are free agents right now, and Ishii would be a decent signing at LHW but he wouldn't be a contender. Still though, I'd sign the guy.

Among the HWs, Volkov and Minakov are tied to Bellator so neither one is likely to be leaving anytime soon unless they lose (and probably more than once). Grabowski is signed to M-1 so fuck if I know. He might be available down the road, in like 2015 or whatever.

SAY ONE MORE BAD THING ABOUT MONSON MOTHERFUCKER!!! I DARE YOU!!!

Even though he is getting older I will always root for him. Great guy, great sportsman and he has forgot more about grappling than most people will ever know.