Islam:I'd like to fight Kevin Lee outside the cage

Russian lightweight Islam Mahachev told about whom he would like to see his future rival in the UFC

- Earlier you said that you will perform on May 28 at the UFC tournament in Stockholm. The battle has not been announced. Something went wrong?

- After the last fight (on February 11 at the UFC 208 tournament against Nick Lenz - Sportbox comment) I immediately asked the leadership to put me on one of the May tournaments. As time went on, the UFC 211 card gradually filled up, I did not have a place in it. I was sure that I would fight in Stockholm, because I wanted to speak before Ramadan, so as not to stagnate. Now, most likely, it will not grow together. The manager constantly called the UFC, then I started throwing calls myself. Someone refused, someone does not want to fight in Europe. Probably, matchmakers gave preference to fighters who have problems with visas. Apparently, they want to see me at some tournament in the US.

- To whom did you offer a fight?

- I wanted to meet with Kevin Lee very much. He spoke very hard to the Dagestan fighters. By the way, I'd like to fight with him outside the cage (laughs). As a result, he was appointed a duel with Michael Chiesa. After I learned that Reza Madadi plans to finish his career with a performance at the tournament in Stockholm, I let him know about my readiness to beat him for retirement. He replied that he was ready in any place and at any time. Now there was a silence from the UFC. I called Paul Felder, but he wants to fight with the drummer.

- Do you still have any preferences for the opposition, but you did not voice them publicly?

- To be honest, I spotted Evan Dunham's as opponent. He is located on the 12th line of the rating. It seems to me that I will pass him without any problems. Dunham did not react to our proposal.

- There is no desire to go out against someone from the top 10?

- There is a desire, but I know that they will not give it exactly. I do not want to rush someone with insane attacks on the Internet. I'm better in the cage to prove everything. One or two fights separate me from the meeting with representatives of the top ten.

- If you consider the top-5 lightweight division, then, do you think, you are now able to compete with them?

- I do not think that there are some incredibly strong fighters. I would gladly have taken such a duel. I am sure that I will not be worse in anything.

It's crazy that so many fighters are looking for fights and not getting them.

Why is Paul Felder going around beating up drummers?

xDODZILLAx - Why is Paul Felder going around beating up drummers?

He wants no part of a real challenge in Islam.

would be a great grappling fight

a name of peace

So, fight outside the ring for no money, in fact, have to dish out your own money because win or lose, you will have a medical bill, because your country has a small penis complex?

the UFC doesn't allow most fighters more than 3 fights a year its fucked up. Some guys have to beg to even get those 3 and they have to be the exact dates and opponents that theUFC wants. Guys need exposure. 

so there will be a tournament with many duels to determine who will be located on the 1st line of the rating.  May or may not be located in a cage.  Islam, Kevin Lee, Michael Chiesa, Evan Dunham, Reza Madadi, Paul Felder, and a drummer(?) already announced as in.  

Did I get all that?

Nice click bait faggot, refer to everyone else by last names except the guy named islam

Jake95 -

Nice click bait faggot, refer to everyone else by last names except the guy named islam

So when you read the thread title you actually thought a religion wanted to fight Kevin Lee ?

WATHUNT -
Jake95 -

So when you read the thread title you actually thought a religion wanted to fight Kevin Lee ?
I know I did....I wondered how that fight would even get sanctioned!

Fighter of peace

R00STER -
WATHUNT -
Jake95 -

I know I did....I wondered how that fight would even get sanctioned!

Lmao me too I was thinking "All of them?!"

newjack900 -

the UFC doesn't allow most fighters more than 3 fights a year its fucked up. Some guys have to beg to even get those 3 and they have to be the exact dates and opponents that theUFC wants. Guys need exposure. 

It just depends, Sam Alvey fought 6 times in the last 12 months, and the ufc doesn't have some large stake in Alvey.