Islam to fight Dariush next according to Ali

This is a classic example of “sometimes there is just no pleasing some fans”.

If a guy like Islam went out and beat Chandler or Conor fans would say “yeah but Chandler just got KOed by a Bellator FW who McKee destroyed” or “Conor is a blown up FW part time fighter who is way past his prime”.

Islam goes on this big streak beating serious fighters, Wade, Tibau, Lentz, Johnson, Tsarukyan, Ramos, Dober, Moises and Hooker and then is booked vs Dariush.

Dariush just beat Ferreira who was riding his own six fight win streak with back to back wins over Khabilov, Taisumov and Pettis prior to fighting Dariush. Then Dariush beats Tony who everyone worshiped for years and he is riding a seven fight win streak.

Makhachev Dariush is a great #1 contenders fight and they both have great win streaks, are in their primes and have never looked better.

Poirier is booked for his title shot and Gaethje is getting the next one. Makhachev Dariush is the best possible #1 contenders fight possible.

3 Likes

You’re over thinking my post.

I think it IS a good match-up in that it helps eliminate one contender from the mix.

I just think Islam takes beneil rather easily because I think beneil is at best a gatekeeper at LW

SOME fans might say that. I wouldn’t say that.

Don’t put too much stock into fans who diminish Chandler’s ability. If you don’t respect Chandler after the justin fight you’re not a good fight fan. It’s like knocking GSP for getting KO’d by a blown up lightweight; It’s fighting, guys get caught.

And I’m not sure why you use the Conor example. A win over him at this point ISN’T all that impressive; he IS way past his prime.

Oliveira is the champion right now. He is facing the number 1 contender, Poirier, in December. Number 2, Gaethje, is supposedly getting the next title shot early part of next year. Number 3 and 4, Dariush and Makhachev are fighting each other for the title shot after that. 5 is Chandler who just lost to Champ and number 2. 6 is RDA who has 0 ranked LW wins. 7 is Ferguson who lost to Champ, 2 and 3. 8 is Hooker who lost to 4 and 5 and is looking to drop to FW. 9 is Conor who has lost to 1 twice and no ranked LW wins. 10 is Gillespie who has no 11 CDF.

LW might be one of the better lined up divisions in terms of title shots in the UFC

2 Likes

Makhachev opened as the -330 favorite against +265 for Dariush at FanDuel.

Dariush doesn’t stand a chance.

Tv Show Reality GIF by Endemol Beyond

sick fight

Islam wins by a lot. I don’t care much for this fight. Islam deserves to be in a title fight already

1 Like