Islam wants Leon

Leon pieces him up.

2 Likes

if winning round 4 won him that fight taking punches resting and doing nothing but hold position then he won.

2 Likes

Islam finished the fight against 5ā€™7ā€ Volkanovski on his back eating punches, won a questionable decision. Volk not even known for being a big puncher/knockout artist was able to rock Islam.

Leon would spark his ass.

Islam isnā€™t Khabib, heā€™s far worse at securing the takedown, heā€™s better at attacking submissions and striking than Khabib is though.

Not securing a takedown against Leon Edwards will result in him being finished.

2 Likes

Petr Yan finished the fight on top of SOā€™M punching his rainbow colorā€™d head in and still lost the decision

So thatā€™s irrelevant

2 Likes

Defend your title.

3 Likes

I mean I donā€™t understand how you think thatā€™s relevant.

Islam failed a test against a smaller champion, he could not control where the fight took place, he was not dominant, his hype train is derailed.

Petr Yan vs Malley wasnā€™t a dominant champions fight where he was testing his mettle against the best. It was a fight where a scrappy underdog landed a few big shots against one of the title gatekeepers of the division and won a controversial decision.

I posted about the end of the fight because I think thatā€™s a metaphor for how the fight is viewed for Islamā€™s legacy. But his failure to control the fight the first 24 minutes is what brings doubt into his abilities.

Be honest. Islam was supposed to thoroughly dominate Volk, it should have been a 7 minute fight ending in a battered Volk giving up a submission to get out.

2 Likes

Yes, the inbred eyes give it away

1 Like

Islam won 3 to 2.But he sure didnā€™t look that unbeatable and levels above. Anyway he has defended the belt only one time. It makes no sense unless he plans to move up at 170 from now on.

He should defend at 155 first.

He successfully defended against the 145 champ trying to take the 155 belt. Regardless of how close it was, he beat volk.

If he wants to go up to 170 and pursue Leonā€™s belt in October, let him try.

Iā€™d watch that fight.

2 Likes

The ufc once again dropped the ball

So, Volk is fighting Yair. That makes perfect sense. But they booked Beneil v. Charles. Leaving Islam nobody to fight in the meantime. Unless they think we want to see Dustin fight Islam. I have zero interest in that fight

It should be Volk Yair, Islam Beneil, and Leon Colby all this summer

Fuck belal. Beating Sean Brady doesnā€™t mean much to me. Colby beat down Masvidal who is a bigger name than Brady

1 Like

Agreed.

1 Like

Neither does Leon handling Usmanā€™s takedowns in this latest fight equal Leon being able to handle Islamā€™s grappling, which is what I was responding to. Alex has nothing to do with this thread, Strawman.

1 Like

he waits until a guy with no wrestling has the title to make the callout. itā€™s gsp coming back for bispbing.

2 Likes

Not a winnable fight for Leon. If Islam goes full heel, Dana wonā€™t be able to resist.

new join date ā€¦not suprised

2 Likes

Leon would destroy Islam. Islam could barely handle a 145er.

2 Likes

Why wasnā€™t Islam calling out Kamaru? He just wants something with minimal wrestling and an advantageous stylistic matchup. If Colby beats Edwards watch Islam say nothing.

3 Likes

Lol what? Edwards has been champ the entire time Islam has been champ. Why would he call out someone who just lost his last fight and fights in a different weight class.

This. Havenā€™t even defended against a proper LW yet. Funny enough he may match up better against Leon than Volk although Leonā€™s tdd has def improved. But fuck, how about a couple of uncontroversial defenses first?

Heā€™s only calling him out cause Leon doesnt wrestle. You cheated with an IV to get a weight advantage and nearly got pounded out by a 145er.

GTFOH MATE

3 Likes