Isn't this (Fedor) exactly how it went before?

Am I misremembering, or the last time we had all these rumors of Fedor negotiating with everybody, including the UFC, didn't it just turn out to be a game to drive up his price elsewhere? I.e., he never had any intention of going to UFC?

I dunno, I kinda remember something about that. I also remember that he wanted the UFC to build a fucken stadium in Russia and to do a co-promotion with his little Russian org. It was a bunch of crazy shit.

I am not expecting to see Fedor in the UFC. BUT...I would love to, so I hope it's all on the level and he is really just looking to fill up his retirement fund. If that's the case, pay him and lets get it going.

Love to see some Fedor in the Octagon. Long over due imo.

Not holding my breath though.

orcus - Am I misremembering, or the last time we had all these rumors of Fedor negotiating with everybody, including the UFC, didn't it just turn out to be a game to drive up his price elsewhere? I.e., he never had any intention of going to UFC?
How would we know what his intentions were "the whole time"? Phone Post 3.0

Fedor has zero leverage this time around.

In for the return Phone Post 3.0

Dana could pay him big just to keep him out of Bellator, he did same thing with cro cop and rampage recently. I could see them paying Fedor big. Phone Post 3.0

I think the whole scenario is much less clouded now.

No co-promotion

Just straight up 'who bids the highest, gets Fedor'.

I honestly think Fedor wants to challenge himself. I believe he thinks he can be competitive against the best in the world.

But I also believe he will take the biggest payout available, and so he should.

If the UFC can match what anyone else offers (and they avoid insulting him again), they will get him. They have ALL the HW talent now. It would be sad to see Fedor anywhere else, where as last time, Barnett, Werdum, Arlovski, Silvia, Cormier, Sergie, Overeem and others were floating around. Not now.

After listening to Vadim talk yesterday, it sounds very much like Fedor is making it clear (through him and others) that he is very willing to talk to the UFC, and will go that way if the offer is matches other places.

I also think that in the last meeting/s between Dana and Fedor, when they were talking a match between Brock/Fedor at Cowboy stadium, it was close to a deal, but due to Fedor's dad passing, and his burnt out situation, it simply was the wrong time. Based on the more respectful attitude between the two groups since that time, surely we can hope for the greatest MMA fighter of all time to join the biggest show with the greatest HW roster we've seen to date.

The time is now. A few years too late, but better than nothing. Here is hoping anyway.

I just hope they match him well, and I hope that he still has what it takes. 38 is not young, but then Randy continued for another 10 years after that.

How big of a PPV draw is fedor in the U.S.? Genuine question as it seems like based on the affliction numbers he's not as valuable, In terms of ppv's, as has been made out. Phone Post 3.0

Mhorad - I think the whole scenario is much less clouded now.

No co-promotion

I honestly think Fedor wants to challenge himself. I believe he thinks he can be competitive against the best in the world.

If the UFC can match what anyone else offers (and they avoid insulting him again), they will get him. They have ALL the HW talent now. It would be sad to see Fedor anywhere else, where as last time, Barnett, Werdum, Arlovski, Silvia, Cormier, Sergie, Overeem and others were floating around. Not now.

After listening to Vadim talk yesterday, it sounds very much like Fedor is making it clear (through him and others) that he is very willing to talk to the UFC, and will go that way if the offer is matches other places.

I also think that in the last meeting/s between Dana and Fedor, when they were talking a match between Brock/Fedor at Cowboy stadium, it was close to a deal, but due to Fedor's dad passing, and his burnt out situation, it simply was the wrong time. Based on the more respectful attitude between the two groups since that time, surely we can hope for the greatest MMA fighter of all time to join the biggest show with the greatest HW roster we've seen to date.

The time is now. A few years too late, but better than nothing. Here is hoping anyway.

I just hope they match him well, and I hope that he still has what it takes. 38 is not young, but then Randy continued for another 10 years after that.

Damn posts like this are a dying breed.

Well said

CRE -

No co-promotion

Well said
. Phone Post 3.0

CRE - 

No co-promotion

Well said

Thanks CRE