Israel Adesanya vs. Paulo Costa presser face off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRg-J9Y1Pm4

Israel gets slept.

3 Likes
Dead President -

Israel gets slept.

SN bet, 30 days. I got Israel. The number 13 jinx is real. 

Dead President - 

Israel gets slept.

Costa hasn’t slept anyone in the UFC, but you think he will KO Adesanya?

How do you see that happening? I want Costa to win, I’m just struggling with seeing his path to victory. Costa likes to back opponents up to the cage and overwhelm them, and I just can’t imagine Adesanya letting that happen. Further, Costa hasn’t shown 1 punch KO power in the UFC, so…

1 Like
Bend The Knee -
Dead President -

Israel gets slept.

SN bet, 30 days. I got Israel. The number 13 jinx is real. 

I’ll take that if he doesn’t.  

Ministry of Truth -
Dead President - 

Israel gets slept.

How do you see that happening? I want Costa to win, I’m just struggling with seeing his path to victory. Costa likes to back opponents up to the cage and overwhelm them, and I just can’t imagine Adesanya letting that happen. Further, Costa hasn’t shown 1 punch KO power in the UFC, so…

All of his UFC fights have been stoppages except Romero.  Slept doesn’t mean 1 punch KO.  If the first doesn’t do it, the next 5 coming right behind it might.  

2 Likes

Lol Adesanya standing one foot behind his back, showing he is already looking to run all day in this fight like he did vs Romero. Don't run away Israel! 

2 Likes
BJ Penn is Irish - 
Ministry of Truth -
Dead President - 

Israel gets slept.

All of his UFC fights have been stoppages except Romero.  Slept doesn’t mean 1 punch KO.  If the first doesn’t do it, the next 5 coming right behind it might.  

I disagree. Slept means KOd.

TKO != slept.

sureshock -

Lol Adesanya standing one foot behind his back, showing he is already looking to run all day in this fight like he did vs Romero. Don't run away Israel! 

Do you not think him standing outside of Costa’s range and outstriking him is an effective strategy? 

Synical -
sureshock -

Do you not think him standing outside of Costa’s range and outstriking him is an effective strategy? 

He will be on his bicycle all night. Fight might go to a boring decision because of this. Maybe a win for him but not a win for the fans!

3 Likes
sureshock - 

I don’t recall him running away from Romero. Seemed like Romero didn’t want to engage first, and Adesanya learned quickly if he did Romero would throw bombs and counter. If Costa fights like he typically does, I don’t think Adesanya will run, but instead will likely counter and pick his shots. At least I hope, else fight will be horrible.

Ill take izzy

Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

I don’t recall him running away from Romero. Seemed like Romero didn’t want to engage first, and Adesanya learned quickly if he did Romero would throw bombs and counter. If Costa fights like he typically does, I don’t think Adesanya will run, but instead will likely counter and pick his shots. At least I hope, else fight will be horrible.

I disagree I think he equally did not engage Romero. He also shares the blame for that waste of a fight. As soon as he comes in he eats a big left and did not engage for the next 4 rounds. Boring champion. Romero knows his game is to use his length and run. Why should he expose himself to danger like that? Everytime Romero moved forward Runnersanya backs away more and more. He fought scared. Now compare Costas fight with Romero. That’s why Costa is the fan favourite in this fight. He is getting all the attention and Israel hates it.

4 Likes
sureshock -
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

I disagree I think he equally did not engage Romero. He also shares the blame for that waste of a fight. As soon as he comes in he eats a big left and did not engage for the next 4 rounds. Boring champion. Romero knows his game is to use his length and run. Why should he expose himself to danger like that? Everytime Romero moved forward Runnersanya backs away more and more. He fought scared. Now compare Costas fight with Romero. That’s why Costa is the fan favourite in this fight. He is getting all the attention and Israel hates it.

Anderson had his fair share of boring fights as well. Maia, lietes, cote all come to mind as being horrible. I dont remember people calling anderson scared like they are izzy. often times two counter strikers lead to boring fights. 

Aggressive costa plays to israel’s strengths imo. I think costa gets caught coming in wild and tko’d in the 2nd or 3rd. 

Connorwinztharematch -
sureshock -
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

Anderson had his fair share of boring fights as well. Maia, lietes, cote all come to mind as being horrible. I dont remember people calling anderson scared like they are izzy. often times two counter strikers lead to boring fights. 

Aggressive costa plays to israel’s strengths imo. I think costa gets caught coming in wild and tko’d in the 2nd or 3rd. 

Fair enough. My prediction is this goes to a decision and Costa gets robbed via judges split decision. 

sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

It’s debatable; that I will not disagree with. I also agree both are to blame.

I don’t think it makes sense to blame Adesanya for changing his strategy after eating a big left, though. Adjusting your gameplan after eating a big shot because you realize you are playing into your opponent’s gameplan is a sign of a great fighter. It’s hard to knock that.

And yes, Costa fought Romero like he fights everyone. Did you really expect Adesanya to slug it out with Romero like that, though? That’s not his [edit] s t y l e.

Bottom line for me is Romero fought less like his typical self than Adesanya in that fight, which make me lean more towards him as far as blame.

Israel might be the corniest fighter in the history of the UFC

4 Likes
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

It’s debatable; that I will not disagree with. I also agree both are to blame.

I don’t think it makes sense to blame Adesanya for changing his strategy after eating a big left, though. Adjusting your gameplan after eating a big shot because you realize you are playing into your opponent’s gameplan is a sign of a great fighter. It’s hard to knock that.

And yes, Costa fought Romero like he fights everyone. Did you really expect Adesanya to slug it out with Romero like that, though? That’s not his [edit] s t y l e.

Bottom line for me is Romero fought less like his typical self than Adesanya in that fight, which make me lean more towards him as far as blame.

Agreed. What’s your prediction on this fight?

A lot of people are expecting Costa to be the aggressor. If he goes into the cage and choses instead to be cautious so that he doesn't eat a bunch of counters all night, it could make for a mind-numbing five rounds. 

sureshock -
Connorwinztharematch -
sureshock -
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

Fair enough. My prediction is this goes to a decision and Costa gets robbed via judges split decision. 

I like your specificity of vision.Â