Israel Edesanya vs Paulo Costa

......and I've got Paulo Costa by murder! As a matter of fact, I'll go so far as to say that Costa destroys everyone outside of the top ten by murder, and half of those inside the top ten today. A year from now, he destroys 9 of them inside the top ten, and two years from now he owns the division!

Boom! Bam! Bang!

6 Likes

Costa is a scary dude but technically not in the level of Adesanya. But he’s also like 30 pounds bigger and somehow makes MW, even with all that muscle he’s not slow. Really good matchup but I want to see them crush known guys until they’re at least contenders themselves. Only one or two fights away  after they’ve both performed this weekend. Hall could always catch Borrachinha, can’t sleep on him.

1 Like

TTTime for Costa! 

This thread got zero love last night, but lets see if the big man lives up to my hype with a beat down on Hall!

IronWill -

Costa is a scary dude but technically not in the level of Adesanya. But he’s also like 30 pounds bigger and somehow makes MW, even with all that muscle he’s not slow. Really good matchup but I want to see them crush known guys until they’re at least contenders themselves. Only one or two fights away  after they’ve both performed this weekend. Hall could always catch Borrachinha, can’t sleep on him.

I shouldn't say "zero love" was given to the thread. IronWill took some time to give a thoughtful and intelligent response. 

I stand by nearly everything I said, except that he may be ready to take out everybody in the division already.........possibly not the champ, but that it the fight I want to see, Costa vs Whittaker!

Back t the thread title though, Israel stands no chance against this monster!

2 Likes

Too soon let them fight each other. You have two potential stars and you would be burying one right away.

TTThis fight is getting very close! Costa will hurt Adesanya.

Costa will get Hollowayed if he doesn't get it to the ground fast

Tim Duncan -

I keep hearing stuff like this but Gastelum beat the shit out this mythical striking legend and he'd get crushed by Costa. I'll be shocked if Costa doesn't destroy Adesanya. 

Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

I keep hearing stuff like this but Gastelum beat the shit out this mythical striking legend and he'd get crushed by Costa. I'll be shocked if Costa doesn't destroy Adesanya. 

Whitaker is gonna KO Adesanya 

Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

You have a point.  I will put my money where my mouth is and bet 20 bucks that Adesanya wins if you like.

He needs to work on pacing and cardio... But I think he'd knock Israel dead in 2 rounds 

SandBlaster -
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

Whitaker is gonna KO Adesanya 

I think you're right.

1 Like
Tim Duncan -
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

You have a point.  I will put my money where my mouth is and bet 20 bucks that Adesanya wins if you like.

I'm not interested in betting. Thanks anyway

Tim Duncan -
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

I'll take a SN bet. If they fight and Costa wins you gotta change your screen name to Tim Faggot for 6 months. 

I was thinking of a whitaker match up durring the fight....BK will have to be at the top of his game to beat this monster.

Adesanya is far too slick for Costa, who is powerful and durable but fights in straight lines with straight punches. Uriah Hall was too slick for him before he tired, Adesanya would toy with him on the feet. The Gastelum fight has no bearing on how Costa would do as Gastelum is better and faster than Costa. I get he's going to be hyped up now, but in reality he won a close decision against a wrestler who moved back from him in a straight line and was happy to evade by standing in front of him and trying to roll his punches. Adesanya is too clever for him and would beat him, Whittaker would make mince meat of him.

Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

Beat the shit out of him? Crucify me if I'm wrong - But if the fifth round bell hadn't saved Gastelum he'd very well of become the first man to die IN the octagon. He got his ass beat so hard in that 5th round I honestly could care less about the bruise Izzy had on his lip. 

Tony BJJ -
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

Beat the shit out of him? Crucify me if I'm wrong - But if the fifth round bell hadn't saved Gastelum he'd very well of become the first man to die IN the octagon. He got his ass beat so hard in that 5th round I honestly could care less about the bruise Izzy had on his lip. 

They beat the shit out of each other, but Gastelum definitely put a beating on him and almost finished him as well. 

Tim Duncan - 
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

I’m game. I miss the old days where we actually did this quite regularly. I’d take Costa and/or Whitaker over Israel.