Israel Edesanya vs Paulo Costa

ThatsHowIRoll -
Tim Duncan -
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

Costa will get Hollowayed if he doesn't get it to the ground fast

I keep hearing stuff like this but Gastelum beat the shit out this mythical striking legend and he'd get crushed by Costa. I'll be shocked if Costa doesn't destroy Adesanya. 

You have a point.  I will put my money where my mouth is and bet 20 bucks that Adesanya wins if you like.

I'll take a SN bet. If they fight and Costa wins you gotta change your screen name to Tim Faggot for 6 months. 

I'd take that bet if you were my level as a poster

Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

I keep hearing stuff like this but Gastelum beat the shit out this mythical striking legend and he'd get crushed by Costa. I'll be shocked if Costa doesn't destroy Adesanya. 

You have a point.  I will put my money where my mouth is and bet 20 bucks that Adesanya wins if you like.

I'm not interested in betting. Thanks anyway

Gentleman bet then,  if Andesanya loses I'll remember this post.

Tim Duncan -
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

I'm not interested in betting. Thanks anyway

Gentleman bet then,  if Andesanya loses I'll remember this post.

Absolutely and I'll gladly eat crow if Adesanya lives up to the hype. 

Nobody wants real action? Let's be real.,there are no gentlemen on this forum... I'll PayPal bet and take Whitaker and/or Costa against Izzy. 

Adesanya is over rated. he had a super competitive fight against a 92 year old Silva, and then beat a Welterweight in a super close fight.

Robert will crush him and Costa would crush him too.

Lol. Costa is way too slow to make it competitive.

Costa and bobby fuck up steve urkel.

at least izzy has stopped trying to shit talk,shit was pathetic 

1 Like

Great fight. Can't see Paulo sleeping Israel.

sgotwalks -

......and I've got Paulo Costa by murder! As a matter of fact, I'll go so far as to say that Costa destroys everyone outside of the top ten by murder, and half of those inside the top ten today. A year from now, he destroys 9 of them inside the top ten, and two years from now he owns the division!

Boom! Bam! Bang!

Great take and based on last weekend, completely justified. That fight was a wakeup call to the entire division. Costa proved he has the mental game to match his awesome physical tools. He's a powerful, relentless and super aggressive KO artist. Couple that with a willingness to take Yoel Romero atomic level bombs to deliver his own, along with an inhumane cardio, he is a massive uphill battle for any fighter in the division.

I agree completely with this post.

sgotwalks -

......and I've got Paulo Costa by murder! As a matter of fact, I'll go so far as to say that Costa destroys everyone outside of the top ten by murder, and half of those inside the top ten today. A year from now, he destroys 9 of them inside the top ten, and two years from now he owns the division!

Boom! Bam! Bang!

Anythings better suckender. He's just the worst. 

Big giant chiseled Brazilian that walks in a straight line throwing bombs vs a skinny, Nigerian/New Zealander who has great footwork, high striking IQ and slick counters 

Of course the UG will always pick the big giant dude every time. Never fails. 

1 Like

I love Costa. He's entertaining as fuck, is powerful, and walks dudes down. 

But let's all see him for what he is right now: a technical brawler. He wings wide punches, constantly has his hands down, backs straight up, and gets out of position too much. 

In the Romero fight alone he made tons of defensive mistakes that Yoel didn't capitalize on. There were even some punches Costa threw where he lunged his entire body forward and almost fell. 

Costa is nowhere near the striker that SB is, in terms of both technically and experience-wise. In fact, SB has a style that counters Costa very well. He's a great counter striker, he hits angles, he moves well and makes reads very quickly. SB won't be shook by Costa's pressure, because he can fight going backwards and actually likes it. 

Yoel made it competitive but honestly I felt like he could have done a lot more to challenge Costa. Props to Costa for taking the fight to him and putting on a great performance. 

Now Costa vs SB would definitely be competitive, but I could very well see a scenario where Costa misses big strikes and Adesanya picks him apart from the outside, eventually tiring him in the later rounds. 

stainlesssteel -
sgotwalks -

Boom! Bam! Bang!

Great take and based on last weekend, completely justified. That fight was a wakeup call to the entire division. Costa proved he has the mental game to match his awesome physical tools. He's a powerful, relentless and super aggressive KO artist. Couple that with a willingness to take Yoel Romero atomic level bombs to deliver his own, along with an inhumane cardio, he is a massive uphill battle for any fighter in the division.

I agree completely with this post.

Costa was slowing down in the third after having another few minutes rest on top because of the eye-poke and the low blow. His cardio is not inhuman at all, and he'll gas badly against a cardio machine he can't KO.

MasterofMartialArts -

But let's all see him for what he is right now: a technical brawler. He wings wide punches, constantly has his hands down, backs straight up, and gets out of position too much. 

In the Romero fight alone he made tons of defensive mistakes that Yoel didn't capitalize on. There were even some punches Costa threw where he lunged his entire body forward and almost fell. 

Costa is nowhere near the striker that SB is, in terms of both technically and experience-wise. In fact, SB has a style that counters Costa very well. He's a great counter striker, he hits angles, he moves well and makes reads very quickly. SB won't be shook by Costa's pressure, because he can fight going backwards and actually likes it. 

Yoel made it competitive but honestly I felt like he could have done a lot more to challenge Costa. Props to Costa for taking the fight to him and putting on a great performance. 

Now Costa vs SB would definitely be competitive, but I could very well see a scenario where Costa misses big strikes and Adesanya picks him apart from the outside, eventually tiring him in the later rounds. 

Exactly how I see it. I will say though that I rewatched Hall - Costa yesterday, and Costa did a good job of cutting Hall off, though Hall wanted out after the second low-blow and a few hard body shots.

Yoel and Costa would KO Adesanya.. you guys are sitting here nitpicking at the mistakes he made against a beast like Yoel, but I'm sitting here looking right back at you guys wondering how you forgot how much Adesanya struggled with an undersized Kelvin Gastelum. If Gastelum could do all that, I can't see Adesanya fairing too well against either Yoel or Costa. Adesanya struggled with old man Anderson Silva ffs.. Adesanya I like him as a person, and he's a sharp technical striker, but he's very hittable and has never been truly challenged. He's going to fold if a big heavy hitter starts knocking him around. You guys are crazy.. Adesanya is going to get his first wake up call once Whittaker whoops that ass.. hopefully Whittaker comes back at 100% would be the only concern for that one, but Yoel and Costa would no doubt sleep Sanya. 

2 Likes
KnockoutThoughts -

Yoel and Costa would KO Adesanya.. you guys are sitting here nitpicking at the mistakes he made against a beast like Yoel, but I'm sitting here looking right back at you guys wondering how you forgot how much Adesanya struggled with an undersized Kelvin Gastelum. If Gastelum could do all that, I can't see Adesanya fairing too well against either Yoel or Costa. Adesanya struggled with old man Anderson Silva ffs.. Adesanya I like him as a person, and he's a sharp technical striker, but he's very hittable and has never been truly challenged. He's going to fold if a big heavy hitter starts knocking him around. You guys are crazy.. Adesanya is going to get his first wake up call once Whittaker whoops that ass.. hopefully Whittaker comes back at 100% would be the only concern for that one, but Yoel and Costa would no doubt sleep Sanya. 

THIS!

great work homeboy, you we saying exactly what I was thinking.

steve urkel is a dead man walking against Bobby knuckles an Costa the destroyer.. who is my new fav fighter behind  Whittaker 

What  a performance, that body work!

1 Like
KnockoutThoughts -

Solid. Thick. Accurate. 

1 Like
KnockoutThoughts -

The argument about Gastelum is ridiculous. I would bet money that him and Adesanya are the same size. SB is a small Middleweight and everyone likes to use that against him to say Costa is too big, but then when it comes to Gastelum, everyone says Kelvin was too small. Kelvin KOd Bisping, and drops almost everyone he fights. That includes Weidman, who is moving up to LHW. 

Sure, SB is hittable. Everyone else is too, especially Costa. I'm not "nitpicking" his mistakes, I'm saying that he's not very good defensively and he has big, gaping holes in his striking game. He puts all of his energy into each punch/kick, the primary reasons for his success have been his pace and his power. SB is a much more diverse and technical striker, much more experienced, more accurate. He also has a better gas tank. 

This is the same shit that happens when discussing any SB matchup. 

SB/Tavares: "this is the first real striker he's faced, he's gonna get lit up and finished" 

SB/Kelvin: "he isn't used to power like Kelvins. He's a real striker who's gonna box him up and KO him" 

Lets also not forget that Kelvin was supposed to be fighting for a belt before that fight. Everyone was all hyped up about it, then after he fought SB he's just an undersized WW. Please. 

BathtubwiththeBoiz -
MasterofMartialArts -

Exactly how I see it. I will say though that I rewatched Hall - Costa yesterday, and Costa did a good job of cutting Hall off, though Hall wanted out after the second low-blow and a few hard body shots.

Yeah he cuts off the cage really well and it's one of the keys to his success 

I just think people don't like SB and would rather see the giant power striker get the push. 

Bumpitty bump, bump, bump....

TTThis fight is finally inevitable, 15 months after the thread was created. The moment of truth will be upon us, and when it comes to be it will be more epic than ever imagined with the hype trains coming at each other full speed ahead! It's not quite as simple as it once sounded in my humble opinion, but I'll stand by my original prediction.......but I'm toning it back a bit and saying Paulo Costa by half murder!Bumpity

1 Like