Israel Edesanya vs Paulo Costa

floofy - Adesanya is over rated. he had a super competitive fight against a 92 year old Silva, and then beat a Welterweight in a super close fight.

Robert will crush him and Costa would crush him too.

Oof 

for Eskimo

sgotwalks -

Bumpitty bump, bump, bump....

TTThis fight is finally inevitable, 15 months after the thread was created. The moment of truth will be upon us, and when it comes to be it will be more epic than ever imagined with the hype trains coming at each other full speed ahead! It's not quite as simple as it once sounded in my humble opinion, but I'll stand by my original prediction.......but I'm toning it back a bit and saying Paulo Costa by half murder!Bumpity

Lol @ half murder

There is definitely hype behind this fight. I still think SB finishes him but I'm very interested in seeing what happens. 

This division is getting exciting again, especially knowing that SB and the other guys are pretty active. 

1 Like

Bump To LOL at the haters. 

And all those technical breakdowns which were wrong

Threads like this are hilarious.

OP is correct though.

Yoel, if he uses his awesome wrestling, would pancake Israel to dust. But Costa? I'd favor Israel. Styles make fights.

Roido Roidsta is gonna get K.Od

sgotwalks -

Bumpitty bump, bump, bump....

TTThis fight is finally inevitable, 15 months after the thread was created. The moment of truth will be upon us, and when it comes to be it will be more epic than ever imagined with the hype trains coming at each other full speed ahead! It's not quite as simple as it once sounded in my humble opinion, but I'll stand by my original prediction.......but I'm toning it back a bit and saying Paulo Costa by half murder!Bumpity

bro, you always put my tboughts into your words. Still agree with your original post and I like the way you revise it now, half murder, and I still agree!! Adesayna made a rack of people eat their words but let's be real, a super long layover Whittaker is a MONUMENTAL difference from an on fire beast mode Costa.

1 Like

What is the street value of an ounce of Costa blood?

MasterofMartialArts -

I love Costa. He's entertaining as fuck, is powerful, and walks dudes down. 

But let's all see him for what he is right now: a technical brawler. He wings wide punches, constantly has his hands down, backs straight up, and gets out of position too much. 

In the Romero fight alone he made tons of defensive mistakes that Yoel didn't capitalize on. There were even some punches Costa threw where he lunged his entire body forward and almost fell. 

Costa is nowhere near the striker that SB is, in terms of both technically and experience-wise. In fact, SB has a style that counters Costa very well. He's a great counter striker, he hits angles, he moves well and makes reads very quickly. SB won't be shook by Costa's pressure, because he can fight going backwards and actually likes it. 

Yoel made it competitive but honestly I felt like he could have done a lot more to challenge Costa. Props to Costa for taking the fight to him and putting on a great performance. 

Now Costa vs SB would definitely be competitive, but I could very well see a scenario where Costa misses big strikes and Adesanya picks him apart from the outside, eventually tiring him in the later rounds. 

Prescient post

5 Likes
sage77 -
MasterofMartialArts -

I love Costa. He's entertaining as fuck, is powerful, and walks dudes down. 

But let's all see him for what he is right now: a technical brawler. He wings wide punches, constantly has his hands down, backs straight up, and gets out of position too much. 

In the Romero fight alone he made tons of defensive mistakes that Yoel didn't capitalize on. There were even some punches Costa threw where he lunged his entire body forward and almost fell. 

Costa is nowhere near the striker that SB is, in terms of both technically and experience-wise. In fact, SB has a style that counters Costa very well. He's a great counter striker, he hits angles, he moves well and makes reads very quickly. SB won't be shook by Costa's pressure, because he can fight going backwards and actually likes it. 

Yoel made it competitive but honestly I felt like he could have done a lot more to challenge Costa. Props to Costa for taking the fight to him and putting on a great performance. 

Now Costa vs SB would definitely be competitive, but I could very well see a scenario where Costa misses big strikes and Adesanya picks him apart from the outside, eventually tiring him in the later rounds. 

Prescient post

I could see that

I could also see Costa landing those big strikes (like KG) &  putting him away.

I also thought Whittaker would win so...

Israel should win but he gets hit a lot and costa lands in every fight and has serious power. I don't see this fight going more than 2 rounds 

Let's hope that Costa did not get the kiss of death from Yoel Romero. He came out of that fight nearly crippled after a hard fought back and forth war between the two. Let's hope he didn't sustain any serious injuries. Fighters take pride in these wars and rarely mention their injuries to the public. 

Heres to hoping that Costa recovered well from this fight and he does not end up like one of Yoel's victims like Luke Rockhold(a shell of his former self) or Chris Weidman (a shell of his former self after that kiss of death) Robert Whitaker(brutal fights & long lay-off ending up in easily getting knocked out). 

Adesanya is lucky he has never crossed paths with Yoel and instead got an over the hill semi-retired Anderson Silva.

If Costa managed to avoid the kiss of death(highly doubtful) then he might have a chance in this fight being that he is healthy and recovered. I believe this fight with Adesanya is too soon. He’s jumping into it too soon after a war with Romero.

Otherwise Costa is a beast contender he has brutal power and speed with the cardio to match the power outputs. However Yoel left him crippled in his last fight and Adesanya didn’t even receive a scratch vs Whitaker. Brutal wars can change a fighter even if they end up winning. The only freak in this game is Tony Furgeson. He’s the only exception. 

sureshock -

Let's hope that Costa did not get the kiss of death from Yoel Romero. He came out of that fight nearly crippled after a hard fought back and forth war between the two. Let's hope he didn't sustain any serious injuries. Fighters take pride in these wars and rarely mention their injuries to the public. 

Heres to hoping that Costa recovered well from this fight and he does not end up like one of Yoel's victims like Luke Rockhold(a shell of his former self) or Chris Weidman (a shell of his former self after that kiss of death) Robert Whitaker(brutal fights & long lay-off ending up in easily getting knocked out). 

Adesanya is lucky he has never crossed paths with Yoel and instead got an over the hill semi-retired Anderson Silva.

If Costa managed to avoid the kiss of death(highly doubtful) then he might have a chance in this fight being that he is healthy and recovered. I believe this fight with Adesanya is too soon. He’s jumping into it too soon after a war with Romero.

Otherwise Costa is a beast contender he has brutal power and speed with the cardio to match the power outputs. However Yoel left him crippled in his last fight and Adesanya didn’t even receive a scratch vs Whitaker. Brutal wars can change a fighter even if they end up winning. The only freak in this game is Tony Furgeson. He’s the only exception. 

I agree, Ferguson is a monster 

1 Like

Not a fan of either guy, but wow will it be a good/interesting fight! Excited for it especially because I don't care who wins. Much less anxiety and enjoyment when I have no real rooting interest. 

So now we can revisit this and I do not think it looks good for Costa.  He was depleted after a single round and Izzy is too good , smart and long to let Costa just destroy him in a round.  I envision Izzy picking him apart at distance, making Costa look like he ate a bunch of strawberries, and then tKOing him in the third.  Yoel could have easily finished Coista if he was not playing around in the third and Yoel has no 80 inch reach like Israel.

Excellent point! Rockhold, Weidman and Whittaker all seem to be different fighters after going thru wars with Romero.