Issues promoting DJ are UFC’s fault not fighter's

Hate420 -
Morpheus1976 -
Tenor still 10ing -
Morpheus1976 -

good article

It's not an article. It's a blog. If you don't even know what you are reading, perhaps you should refrain from commenting on it.

If you actually believe that the UFC has not heavily promoted DJ, I question your understanding of the very definition of the word "promotion."

However, since you cannot even differentiate between an article and a blog, I am not suprised you lack a fundamental understanding of what "promotion" means.

ufc didn't do shit

You get dumber by the minute. "UFC didn't do shit", god you're a moron. How many Fox cards can he headline dummy?? 

should have headlinded PPV's as a champ

Elias is on fire recently. Good post.

What other fighter has had as many fights on fox? How many other fighters have had 16 episeodes of tuf, dedicated to specifically promoting them as the pfp greatest? The ufc has promoted the shit out of D.J, and to say otherwise is delusional. D.J repeatedly saying that he doesn't care what fans think, and even saying fans are fucking idiots, has a lot more to do with it.

Worst one yet. Takes something special to consistently get worse at something they do regularly

Morpheus1976 -
Hate420 -
Morpheus1976 -
Tenor still 10ing -
Morpheus1976 -

good article

It's not an article. It's a blog. If you don't even know what you are reading, perhaps you should refrain from commenting on it.

If you actually believe that the UFC has not heavily promoted DJ, I question your understanding of the very definition of the word "promotion."

However, since you cannot even differentiate between an article and a blog, I am not suprised you lack a fundamental understanding of what "promotion" means.

ufc didn't do shit

You get dumber by the minute. "UFC didn't do shit", god you're a moron. How many Fox cards can he headline dummy?? 

If nobody is tuning in to watch him for free, I'm sure he's gonna light up pay per view sales. That's a great marketing strategy dumbass.

Are you fucking slow or something? 

Hate420 -
Morpheus1976 -
Hate420 -
Morpheus1976 -
Tenor still 10ing -
Morpheus1976 -

good article

ufc didn't do shit

If nobody is tuning in to watch him for free, I'm sure he's gonna light up pay per view sales. That's a great marketing strategy dumbass.

Are you fucking slow or something? 

fat americans like the bigger guys and women, europeans like the smaller guys too, but getting him on free FOX USA, isn't gonna cut it. we don't get FOX USA.

what should DJ do anymore to promote himself?, he is a daily twitcher, which has no country limits.

Tenor still 10ing -
Morpheus1976 -

good article

Paid posters are so obvious.
780 posts since 2010.
DJ gets the lurkers out of the shadows all of a sudden!

The UFC is not bad promoters. Who else put that type of marketing dollars in DJ. All those FOX shows like dude says above. Thats a lot of publicity that isnt translating to ppv. I love DJ but saying they arent doing their job is nonsense. Conor stole the show. His press conferences were what sold his ppvs. And everyone noticed. How manyi guys started talking shit and wearing suits? Mystic DJ needs to show up or be Jon Jones road dog. Flyweights probably only need a gram of coke a night too it would be cheap.

Good looking?

On what planet is 5'4" 125lb guy with huge ears "good looking"?

Elias, please tell me how you get "good looking" from Mighty Mouse. 

Hes not GSP, Jouban or Sage Northcutt or even Tyron Woodley.  (Woodley is a good looking guy)

Well spoken?

Fine but we aren't hiring him as a salesman. 

Since when is "well spoken" a promotional plus?

See Tito Ortiz. 

Best technical fighter? Perhaps but nobody buys fights to see artists. 

They want to see violence. 

If this wasn't true, point fighting karate would be on PPV with fans applauding like Japanese puro fans. 

Its not the UFC's fault. 

Each fighter is their own company.   Their own business. 

Every post fight interview?

Start treating that as valuable TV time.  That's time to sell yourself so we want to see you next time. 

Every time you have a mic and a camera is valuable time that you must treat like gold because it is. 

So instead of doing a NASCAR interview where you gave 110%, the 24 Snickers car drove real good and your pit crew did real good and those folks at Combos are real good too. 

Thank your coaches in private where it means more and kiss your wife goodnight where it means more. 

Camera time is business. 

If being the family man helps sell you?  Kiss your wife.

Otherwise do it later. 

If you can't have a "Yo Adrian we did it!" moment it actually hurts you because you wasted valuable PR time. 

Your social media is where you welcome fans in to meet your coaches, your kids, your wife. 

This way fans get to know you and can relate to you and see you've the same things they do and fight for the same reasons they punch a clock. 

Interact with fans there and sell yourself. 

Dont wait for UFC. 

Finish fights.  Like the last one. 

Use that camera time to sell the next one. 

Fighters who understand this make money. 

Those who don't whine. 

Is Lars Ulrich a great drummer?

He promotes himself a whole lot better than guys who are better and as a result he is known for drumming. 

UFC hasn't failed Johnson.  He has failed himself. 

JeffersonDArcyChoke -

Good looking?

Hes not GSP, Jouban or Sage Northcutt or even Tyron Woodley.  (Woodley is a good looking guy)

Well spoken?

See Tito Ortiz. 

If this wasn't true, point fighting karate would be on PPV with fans applauding like Japanese puro fans. 

Its not the UFC's fault. 

Start treating that as valuable TV time.  That's time to sell yourself so we want to see you next time. 

Every time you have a mic and a camera is valuable time that you must treat like gold because it is. 

So instead of doing a NASCAR interview where you gave 110%, the 24 Snickers car drove real good and your pit crew did real good and those folks at Combos are real good too. 

Thank your coaches in private where it means more and kiss your wife goodnight where it means more. 

Camera time is business. 

Otherwise do it later. 

If you can't have a "Yo Adrian we did it!" moment it actually hurts you because you wasted valuable PR time. 

Your social media is where you welcome fans in to meet your coaches, your kids, your wife. 

This way fans get to know you and can relate to you and see you've the same things they do and fight for the same reasons they punch a clock. 

Dont wait for UFC. 

Those who don't whine. 

He promotes himself a whole lot better than guys who are better and as a result he is known for drumming. 

Looks are one thing that cant be considered p4p? i guess your right with midgets but they have dispreportion body parts and human size head. But if DJ was size of a tyson beckford he would be a ninja male model he is stredded

JeffersonDArcyChoke -

Good looking?

Well spoken?

See Tito Ortiz. 

Its not the UFC's fault. 

Camera time is business. 

Otherwise do it later. 

Dont wait for UFC. 

Those who don't whine. 

solid motivated post!

SallymeetsHarrySack - 

Sure, it's Dana's fault. Ricardo Lopez was one of the greatest boxers in the history of the sport, my favorite fighter of all time and most boxing fans had no idea who he was.

he shoulda got a better promoter.

Morpheus1976 -
Hate420 -
Morpheus1976 -
Tenor still 10ing -
Morpheus1976 -

good article

ufc didn't do shit

He has. And they drew poorly.

big_josh -
da Vinci 81 - Completely incorrect article. Perhaps DJ should look at his management team? Where are the sponsorships for him? The talk show and radio appearances, the guest spots on tv shows or movies? They're all non-existent and everything outside of the cage DJ and his team need to be doing to get him exposure. There's a reason high profile fighters have managers and agents setting these things up for them.
What do you mean by where are the sponsors? Xbox?
Xbox? The only reason I even know he has them as a sponsor is from a patch he used to wear on his shorts. I've never seen xbox use him in any promotional work whatsoever. Do they even sponsor him anymore after the reebok deal?

It's no mystery, no-one wants to watch tiny guys fight. The UFC should drop the 125lb class..

da Vinci 81 -
big_josh -
da Vinci 81 - Completely incorrect article. Perhaps DJ should look at his management team? Where are the sponsorships for him? The talk show and radio appearances, the guest spots on tv shows or movies? They're all non-existent and everything outside of the cage DJ and his team need to be doing to get him exposure. There's a reason high profile fighters have managers and agents setting these things up for them.
What do you mean by where are the sponsors? Xbox?
Xbox? The only reason I even know he has them as a sponsor is from a patch he used to wear on his shorts. I've never seen xbox use him in any promotional work whatsoever. Do they even sponsor him anymore after the reebok deal?
no clue i remember it being in limbo in 2015. check his website

shit he really doesnt have a website....if mightymousemma.com is his official site as good says its only a landing page with his twitch ig instagram links and mightymouse shirts coming soon. No highlight videos? no technique videos him teaching fans, no charity, no stats...well his promoters page for him is way better than his own. Must be promoters fault.

HankChinaski - It's no mystery, no-one wants to watch tiny guys fight. The UFC should drop the 125lb class..

They don't need to drop it, there are plenty who enjoy it.  Just keep it mostly to prelims/2nd fight on the main and make sure that these guys know, unless they start pulling crazy numbers than they won't be making the same kind of money as their larger counterparts.  It's just basic economics. 

HankChinaski - It's no mystery, no-one wants to watch tiny guys fight. The UFC should drop the 125lb class..
Yet just 20lbs heavier produced the biggest star ever

I blame Kirik for Elias' shitty writing, and poorly thought out ideas.