It took PEDs for Zuffa to finally up their product

Amidst the day they do their PED presser, its also announced that there is a card with JBJ/AJ (LHW title fight), Weidman/Vitor (MW title fight) and Khabib/Cowboy on the same card and then Aldo/Connor, Lawler/Rory on the same card in another upcoming event.

We've been talking about the rise and fall of Zuffa at the same time for years and something's gotta give in this game/business.

Was this PEDs ironically that?

Hopefully. That's a card I would definitely buy.

It may just be a blessing in disguise Phone Post 3.0

injuries and declining ppv buys are the cause of that.  6 months ago I was saying ZUffa is going to raise the ppv price by $5 accross the board and begin doubling up the cards with 2 title fights.

You guys realize the dudes in charge of the UFC are pretty game dudes right?

Desperate times.

Desperate measures.

Dana might jump off the Mandelay sooner than later.

Distraction from the bad news,a little cynical by zuffa to announce these things on the same day.but fk it we get a great card so who cares. Phone Post 3.0

dhughes - This is a stacked thread. Phone Post 3.0

lol

CerroneWentFuryOnJurysAss - You guys realize the dudes in charge of the UFC are pretty game dudes right?

Desperate times.

Desperate measures.

Of course the guys running a multi million or billion dollar industry are game business guys. But desperate times/desparate measures is what im talking about. It took that to get back real legit cards.

Perhaps Dana will do that to up Takada on a UFC NYE Cockwave card. ;)

IROCK - Distraction from the bad news,a little cynical by zuffa to announce these things on the same day.but fk it we get a great card so who cares. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, i getcha...on one hand im thinking, whatever the case, finally the legit cards are back....but at the same time, it took a lot of shit to get back to them.

Plus Zuffa leads by example now. The judges should have the same standard (via another thread). Drug tests for all!

No doubt about it Zuffa were feeling the pressure, public opinion of their company has changed drastically over the past month. Their product has been garbage for a while now and I applaud them for trying to turn things around. Phone Post 3.0

All of that sounds great.

Truth is they know there is a damn good chance that every card they put on this year will be spoiled by a failed drug test. Especially when there is only one worthwhile fight pulling a card along.

This is just a way to keep the cards intact and successful. One of those fights will be left to headline. We won't see all those fights.

Less drugs means more "injuries" and more testing means more suspicious pull outs. Phone Post 3.0

Yup they're upping the product. And shelling out a lot more money for drug testing, 10 fold from what they previously were.

They sure as fuck aren't going to absorb the costs however. It will filter down to us, the consumer. So be prepared for better cards ( or cards they should have always put on ) but I would assume a price hike somewhere down the line is inevitable.

If one thing proves accurate, the UFC knows how to turn a buck, even at the behest of their fanbase. They're not going to just take this hit on the chin. We'll end up paying for all these PED tests.

In the meantime we'll get some awesome cards, and that's pretty bad ass. But I'm guessing down the road the current status quo, of moderate/average cards will be implemented again, along with a price increase in PPV's... You wanted a clean sport, well PED testing isn't cheap, goofs.

They just missed one thing.

At the end of the presser I had my fingers crossed that Dana was going to come back to the mic and say....

"And no more Nu-Metal"

But he didn't. And I was all like, man -- you were so close.

MagSlim - They just missed one thing.

At the end of the presser I had my fingers crossed that Dana was going to come back to the mic and say....

"And no more Nu-Metal"

But he didn't. And I was all like, man -- you were so close.

No more nu-metal or BLAF jumping off the Mandelay?

Ill go with no more nu-metal too. I wonder if thats a conscious decision to keep the Just Bleeders? You would think they wanna lose that shit to have more universal appeal and a more professional sport feel. Everytime that music comes out, i have to hold my breathe and swallow my pride.

JoeDingo - Plus Zuffa leads by example now. The judges should have the same standard (via another thread). Drug tests for all!

I would be happy to see them at least get a mandatory vision test because I don't know what some of them think they are seeing at times!

Cindy

CerroneWentFuryOnJurysAss - You guys realize the dudes in charge of the UFC are pretty game dudes right?

Desperate times.

Desperate measures.

is it too late though??many of my buddies and co-workers etc etc have already lost their interest in MMA..the ufc has to get the average joe interested again and this means superstars and ufc lacks them right now in a big way..

MMALOGIC -

injuries and declining ppv buys are the cause of that.  6 months ago I was saying ZUffa is going to raise the ppv price by $5 accross the board and begin doubling up the cards with 2 title fights.

Yeah, but doubling up the cards is a reactionary measure. UFC 186, 187 and 189 were never intended to have two title fights originally. Injuries and ped failures are the cause of that. Phone Post 3.0

CindyO -
JoeDingo - Plus Zuffa leads by example now. The judges should have the same standard (via another thread). Drug tests for all!

I would be happy to see them at least get a mandatory vision test because I don't know what some of them think they are seeing at times!

Cindy

No shit lol Phone Post 3.0

They SHOULD be stacking cards, every single PPV card, with this kind of depth.

And they SHOULD have been doing this all along!

I'm glad to see it finally happening but this should be how stacked every PPV is. It would've massively lessened the blows from injuries if cards recently hadn't been so damn flimsy. Let's hope they've finally seen sense and are going to up the quality from here on out. Phone Post 3.0

dhughes - This is a stacked thread. Phone Post 3.0
Full of stacked posters.

BEEP Phone Post 3.0