"It wasn't a choke, it was on the jaw."

To paraphrase the guy who I watched crush another man’s face, “most guys are mentally tougher than the little bones holding their face together are strong.”

Google a human skull. It’s full of targets of opportunities.

I remember years ago asking Marcus soares how to deal with someone really clasping on and holding your posture while in mount. Someone did that to me in a mma fight.

He showed me a couple of technical things and then said, “the best…is chin to the eye,” and then he did it to me. Frick chin to the eye works great because your face isn’t built to defend chin to the eye.

2 Likes

I’m saying tucking your chin alone, dingus. You need a multi pronged approach or you’re going to get choked or crushed.

I just realized that the excuse literally makes no sense, since the guy is right, it’s not a choke, but neither is an arm bar, so I guess this guy doesn’t think he should have to worry about anything but chokes then? Anything else isn’t a legit submission?

I get what he was trying to say but it’s funny how incorrect reasoning tends to expose itself like that-when you look at the comment it simply doesn’t make sense when applied to any sort of submission grappling.

2 Likes

Robert Drysdale says he doesn’t care if it’s a choke or a crush, as long as they tap.

2 Likes

Isn’t that kinda obvious?
I don’t think anyone just tucks their chin and be like “I’m good. I don’t need to use my hands at all. I’ll just tie them at my sides with my belt. I can tuck my chin really well.”

I’m just giving you a hard time. : )

I Northsouth choke people all the time and they complain that it was on the jaw and they only tapped because of the pain, not the choke.
My response?..
“You still tapped, pussy”

1 Like

I’m going break your leg

1 Like

Go for my sternum. It’s already fractured. Haha! (Hurt that shit about a month and a half ago at Jiu Jitsu.)

I’ll fart in your face

1 Like

I would take a partner’s back consistently and he would tuck his chin as his only defense. He would complain non stop if I didn’t get around his neck so I started putting my hand underneath his nose and pulling upwards to get him to expose his neck. He stopped that shit real quick because I told him I was tired of hearing his fucking whining.

3 Likes

Baret Yoshida style.

2 Likes

I’ve tapped with a rnc on the jaw before (training only). Can be pretty rough if it’s a big guy

Wouldn’t do it in training but comp setting putting the forearm under the nose and cranking it is pretty fucked too haha

1 Like

Edited after reading rest of thread lol

1 Like

I got fed up with him whining. He would even tell me “you’re squeezing my jaw to let go” so I would and eventually I just started forcing him to expose his neck.

Mind you, this is the type of guy to spaz out and knee you in the head during a scramble and as your dazed jump for an armbar so I didnt really care.

2 Likes

4 Likes

quick palm to the forehead (bottle opener?) can often get the same result but its gentler. Marcelo uses this very well

Face crushes are fair game in competition only

1 Like

Hes Right GIF by moodman

2 Likes

Boo. Just tap. Making face crushes illegal is only a way for upperbelts to protect their pride and not get tapped by lower belts

3 Likes