Italy is with U.S.

Yesterday, the Matterhorn depicted the American flag as a token of solidarity with USA

3 Likes

The Matterhorn is in Switzerland: )

Italia'!!

JennyCraig - 

Not the backside ;)

that's hot

holly9000 -
JennyCraig - 

Not the backside ;)

Its Right in the middle of the border?

JennyCraig -

It straddles the border and is in both countries. I've climbed it from both sides.  Although that image is a pic from the swiss side with the hornli ridge facing forward

Very cool.

I keep thinking now would be the perfect time to take Italy back.

Figure with two dozen men, we can take the entire country in two weeks and restore the old crown. I'll happily give land and title to all who go with me.

3 Likes

I'm in.

Altofsky - 

Figure with two dozen men, we can take the entire country in two weeks and restore the old crown. I'll happily give land and title to all who go with me.

Why don't we take six guys and a cat and take France?

2 Likes
turducken -
JennyCraig -

It straddles the border and is in both countries. I've climbed it from both sides.  Although that image is a pic from the swiss side with the hornli ridge facing forward

Did you do the north face?

Wow that's beautiful. Thank you, Switzerland

1 Like

You know the one...

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
Altofsky - 

Why don't we take six guys and a cat and take France?

Technically, Hauteville is my birthright. So I'm down.

Don't think we'll need that many guys though. Just the cat.

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
turducken -
JennyCraig -

Nope. That's out of my league/comfort zone. 

turducken -
turducken -
JennyCraig -

what are the route grades you climbed, 5+?

EFM -
turducken -
turducken -
JennyCraig -

what are the route grades you climbed, 5+?

They're rated AD- for hornligrat and AD+ for liongrat if I remember correctly. I've climbed up to D such as the mittellegi ridge on the eiger.  There are different rating systems, but those are from the French system which is commonly used for mountaineering routes in the alps. Not sure exactly what they translate to in other systems.  The north face would be TD or higher.

holly9000 - 

Yesterday, the Matterhorn depicted the American flag as a token of solidarity with USA

I'd prefer some lasagna and bread rolls, but whatevs.

I realize this is a really dumb question, but is that photoshop or lights or something?