Its been nearly 18 months but in 2 weeks he's back

July 2nd, The Axe Murderer returns!

Cant wait for this!

I'm not really sentimental about Wanderlei...but it would make me sad if he lost to Chris Leben.

There are a few fighters that I get genuinely nervous about before the fight. Wanderlei tops that list.

Always rooting for him, but hard to get really excited about the guy anymore.

If technique is your thing, this fight will not be pleasing.

3 - 5 in the UFC

Biggest win....decision over Bisping.

Wandy has been great for MMA, but.I'm not expecting much.  

i swear i thought this was gonna be a brock thread lol

My hero!

Wanderlei's my favorite but I have a bad feeling about this fight.

But I will still watch him anytime he gets in the cage!

PJ Benn Fan - Wanderlei's my favorite but I have a bad feeling about this fight.

If he looks like he did in the Bisping fight, I think Wanderlei is still too fast for Leben. There also are some legitimate questions about Leben's once legendary chin, as evidenced by his last fight. Nearly every fighter in the history of the sport who relied on their ability to eat 3 or 4 punches to land one of their own eventually found their ability to take punish diminish. Big Nog, Cabbage, Pedro Rizzo, etc.

The issue for Wanderlei is that he's coming off of that long injury induced layoff, he's 34 years old with a history of wars in not only his 45 professional fights, but also in the gym, so there's always concern that he won't be even the same guy we saw against Bisping.

Of course even that is a far cry from what he was at his peak, but I guess that shows you how truly special he was if he's still beating top 10 guys 5 or 6 years past his prime.

If He wins and if vitor can win... Im looking forward to a rematch.

^^^I would also be happy with that.

hope his chin is back too

Benny Lava - I thought this was going to be about war machine getting out of jail. Phone Post

lol

Leben was very sick before the Stann fight.

Dang. My heart actually skipped a beat.

nhbguy - 
PJ Benn Fan - Wanderlei's my favorite but I have a bad feeling about this fight.

If he looks like he did in the Bisping fight, I think Wanderlei is still too fast for Leben. There also are some legitimate questions about Leben's once legendary chin, as evidenced by his last fight. Nearly every fighter in the history of the sport who relied on their ability to eat 3 or 4 punches to land one of their own eventually found their ability to take punish diminish. Big Nog, Cabbage, Pedro Rizzo, etc.

The issue for Wanderlei is that he's coming off of that long injury induced layoff, he's 34 years old with a history of wars in not only his 45 professional fights, but also in the gym, so there's always concern that he won't be even the same guy we saw against Bisping.

Of course even that is a far cry from what he was at his peak, but I guess that shows you how truly special he was if he's still beating top 10 guys 5 or 6 years past his prime.

agree with every word nhbguy!

Wanderlei!

[quote]nhbguy -   July 2nd, The Axe Murderer returns![/quote] 

That Wanderlei is gone.  He has been replaced by this Wanderlei: