It's That Time Again: Blacks...

... in MMA. Aside from Anderson Silva they haven't been very dominant in MMA. A friend of mine who's been watching MMA for the first time since a couple of months ago asked me why blacks, "as great athletes as they are", have not truly dominated the sport like in boxing. I had no answer. Do you guys?

Kostakio, usually I think you have good posts.  You can't  be serious w/ this one.

Why exactly is it "that time again"?

How about giving it a year or two of rest?

Randleman could have EASILY been dominant, if he was mentally stable and had taken training a bit seriously.

"Anderson Silva is not black, hes brazillian."

I actually used to think this was true...But, upon doing considerable research, a few UG members and myself found out that in actuality, Anderson Silva is black...

Race pertains particularly to one's features and the part of the world that those features are prevalent...

The confusion is in the "latino" ethnic group...Since we are a mix of races, nationalities, and ethnic groups, it proves to be difficult to clearly classify what each person is...

You can be of any race and still latino...For instance, my mother is white european spanish and my father is Afro-Dominicano...

Meaning = My mother is white Dominicano and my father is Afro-Dominicano, my mom's race is white and my dad's race is black, but they are both latino, specifically from the Dominican Republic...

Anderson Silva = black = Afro-Brazilian

Before my conversation with smac1, I thought latino was a race, but in fact, it is a general term and latino's can be of any race...

It is very confusing...