I've been wrong about Jon Jones

I had no idea that the main reason that Jones wants a huge pay day is because he is doing it for the little guys that have no voice. Fuck! here i am saying jones is a piece of shit and can get fucked, but this whole time his greed was really to look out for the under paid fighters. Jones the humanitarian. Who fucken knew!!

“I know when you’re a multi-millionaire and you’re asking for more it makes you seem like this greedy person and I’m aware of all of this,” Jones said “But I’m also aware that I have the voice and the platform to make change.”
“If I have to have a bad relationship with Dana (White), sit out for two years, three years to bring light to what’s happening, then these are the things people remember you for more than winning belts. To stand up for the younger fighters.”

Now real talk, does anybody other than Jones believe the bullshit coming out of his mouth??

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/04/ufc-news-jon-jones-interview-stubborn-ufc-dana-white-pay-demands-book-scary-francis-ngannou-title-fight

If it we were anyone else. I’d believe them. But the UFC has bent over backwards for this guy. When he pissed hot the UFC literally moved an event to another state overnight, and every fighter had to pay more taxes.
Maybe a kind gesture would’ve been to cover all the extra tax fighters making peanuts had to pay because he can’t act like a responsible adult.

4 Likes

I really have no idea… If top end fighters get paid more, how does this effect the pay of fighters on down the line of the card?

Jones is a slimy customer imo. I don’t believe him.

Sarcastic Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Doesn’t matter what he’s fighting the HW Champ. He deserves to get paid. No one says shot when Connor asks for crazy money, Jon Jones is the GOAT and deserves to get paid. I say god for him and Jon Jones will win. GOOD LUCK JON JONES​:bangbang::facepunch::facepunch:
Vinny :us:

1 Like

Conor has generated multiple fights over 1M buys. Thats why he gets paid. His drawing power has been proven and he makes most of his money from the ppv points. Look at Conors reported base pay. Its not 8-10M that Jones states is too low. Its even less than that, but he rakes in the $$ from what he actually draws.

Aside from the DC fights, Jones isnt a draw and even his much hyped fights with DC didnt hit 1M. His last 2 fights didnt draw well either. If Jones feels like this is such a huge ppv draw, then he should stop bitching and take the points. If it hits over 1M buys, he would get paid fat. But he wants a huge 10M+ guaranteed because he knows if he relies on buys, he hasnt drawn well.

4 Likes

Well said Don, completely agree.

He’s a multiple time proven piece of shit that only cares about himself!

@Corn_Pop where you at! I hope you’re not thinking of ditching this place!

Jones is a narcissistic sociopath. You can’t believe a word that dude says about anything.

Damn…a real life Robin Hood…so he’s going to donate his purse to the “little guys”?

Braavo Jon :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tbh coming from a huge former hater of Jones I really kinda think he’s trying his best to do good things nowadays. I’m not saying he’s all the way there and he won’t slip up etc, but I think he’s trying. So who knows.

Definitely true that he’s not the draw that Conor is. Last few fights of Jones I didn’t bother getting because his opponents weren’t an exciting matchup. I’m only paying if he is against a name opponent. I’d pay to see Conor fight almost anyone.

All you need to know is this guy defended his belt what 11 times? Hasn’t lost in over a decade… and you got a super freak HW champ ready to fight him. This is gonna be a huge fight and we all know it. Pay that man his money.

He does deserve more, but his motive clearly isn’t to help out the youngsters.

We all want this fight, so it will happen. I would have liked to see Jones fight a 2nd tier HW first, but this fight will be fun.

This.

If this is such a huge fight, let him prove his worth/draw by getting ppv points. Guaranteeing him more up front more money than Conor has ever gotten is nonsense. Jones has never hit $1M buys EVER. And the UFC knows this, thats why they have no problem letting Jon bitch.

Dana and ped boy also invented pulsing picograms for jon