I've joined a distinct, yet highly populated club

I'm not hatin' though.....

My system was manufactured in March '08, so I got a whole year and a half out of mine, which is way better than what most get.

It's funny, too.....I thought mine was from the "we promise.....this time we really DID fix it and it won't happen again!" era.

They should get Barack Obama to be their spokesman.

Ironically, this leaves me with the inferior PS2, of which has an inch of dust and 8 years worth of use on it, but still works with no problems.

I shouldn't have to pay them shit.  I already paid $350 when I bought the fucking thing.

nowadays they email a return label. You have to box it up yoself

www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PlayStation+3+(120GB)/9476952.p 

Not trying to derail the thread, (I have yet to make a thread on the UG and I never plan on making one) so sorry if I am derailing.

Do you guys recommend a PS3 or a Wii based purely on game selection and fun factor? Fun factor can include gameplay, controls, graphics, whatever makes the games fun based on the console's attributes.

(BlueRay/community/system malfunctions don't really matter to me) -ken

Just sent it to MS today, a day in which I conveniently had a day off.

UPS packaged it for like $6 and shipped it, so at least it was easy.

KenTheWalrus - Not trying to derail the thread, (I have yet to make a thread on the UG and I never plan on making one) so sorry if I am derailing.

Do you guys recommend a PS3 or a Wii based purely on game selection and fun factor? Fun factor can include gameplay, controls, graphics, whatever makes the games fun based on the console's attributes.

(BlueRay/community/system malfunctions don't really matter to me) -ken

tough call. PS3 is like the 360. most mainstream games, aimed for adults are on the PS3. The Wii has games like Mario, Wii Sports Resort, Sonic, etc. More "kid" games so to speak but they are fun for adults and kids alike. The Wii also has alot of party games so if you have people over alot its a good call. My opinion is the PS3 based on the type of games it has.

gord96 - 

tough call. PS3 is like the 360. most mainstream games, aimed for adults are on the PS3. The Wii has games like Mario, Wii Sports Resort, Sonic, etc. More "kid" games so to speak but they are fun for adults and kids alike. The Wii also has alot of party games so if you have people over alot its a good call. My opinion is the PS3 based on the type of games it has.

Hmm.. I was leaning more towards the PS3 for the reasons you stated, but I do have people over alot. We've been playing the Hasbro Family Night, and I have been looking for some Xbox party games that will appeal to a broad audience. That gives me something to think about.

Thanks for the reply. -ken

I think you should get the xbox.  It has a special game, called "The Red Light Game" that comes standard.  You're playing and then all of a sudden, red lights appear in certain sequences, and it's your job to decipher they're telling you.  After you do that, you get to ship the system back to Microsoft and not have it for awhile.

It's great fun!

There's also a free add-on to the red light game called the "throw the piece of shit into the wall as hard as you can" game.  People are out spending all this money on Wiimotes and enhanced motion games when in fact, all they need to do is get the 360, which has all that and more.  The xbox throwing game is far more fun than any Wii game.

Also, the 360 has a game that has you drive to your nearest UPS store to mail it out.  Who needs Gran Turismo when you can actually get in the game yourself?

for Ken, PS3 bro, dont even mess around, there are games for it that can be played 4 players, more on the Wii of coures but if you like to play badass shooters or action games, fighting games PS3 all the way.

And Walt....sorry dude it sucks I know how you feel. My PS3 got the Yellow Light of Death and they wanted to charge me 200 to fix it. But I found a vid and did it my self, I actually made a thread about it.

if you dont have warranty and are a little tech savvy you should see if there is any way you can fix it your self.

as said you should be able to send it back to MS. Sometimes it will say you have to pay $99 but just use the dropdown menu again and go to the 3 red ring or E-74 error and they the price should go to zero.