I've screwed my MSN...

I was going through the add/remove programs utility the other day to clear up any unused clutter, and uninstalled some older versions of MSN that i had. The next time i start up MSN everything works fine, but when i try and have 2 or more conversations, the conversations now all pop up in separate boxes rather than on tabs in a single box, which is obviously annoying. Is there any way to change this back, short of doing an entire system restore?

I don't use MSN, but I'm pretty sure that's just a setting in the preferences. Dig through there and you should find a setting for it.

Actually I just googled it and this is what I found: http://internetquestions.org/msn/q-523707.html Check it out

Thanks for the thoughts, but i've checked already and can't find any preference setting for tabbed conversations in any of the options sub-menus. The link must also refer to an older version, because the directions make no sense with the version of msn i'm using now.

hmm. don't new versions encompass the old versions?

can you System Restore?

seriously though, if you go through and make sure all of it is removed, you are probably using Microsoft Messenger, which comes with the OS, which is a lean version.

if you go downloand Livemessenger from microsoft and install it, it will take care of it.

Try pidgin though, serously.

Great IM program for all IM clients at the same time. all open in same window with tabs, you will love it

Yeah, Pidgin really is the way to go

"seriously though, if you go through and make sure all of it is removed, you are probably using Microsoft Messenger, which comes with the OS, which is a lean version.

if you go downloand Livemessenger from microsoft and install it, it will take care of it."

No windows live messenger is the version i have now, it was the older versions that came installed with the OS that i uninstalled. I really don't want to do a system restore as i've installed other stuff since and would have to go through the whole hassle of reinstalling everything again...

What's pidgin btw?