I've started Cardio at the HardCore Gym!

I won't even post my weight, lol...but let's just put it this way.  I hit 40 earlier this year, and the little aches and pains, my knees, back, etc. I knew I finally had to just something.   Luckily, I have some of the best friends at the HardCore Gym, so Adam Singer, Luke Federico, and Rory Singer will be allowing me to start off slowly and work my way up to where I can actually start to get into shape.

I was in last Thursday, Friday, and yesterday.   I"m starting at like a Cardiac level, lol...but I've sweated like I haven't in years and I'm in good hands.   It was pretty funny yesterday...I counted 34 guys sparring pretty rough with clinching, etc...and I'm over on the airdyne! hahaha, but I felt good afterwards.

Thanks to the HCG, hopefully I can live a few more years!

They have MORE than enough equipment for anyone needed ANY fitness program, and of course the best MMA instruction in the SouthEast!

Doing anything with your diet/food intake ?

Good move, Frank. The sooner you do it, the easier it will come off. Personally, I've lost 80-85 pounds since I started training back in September.

I like their new gym. I try and swing by when I am travelling through Atlanta.

good for you!

As far as diet goes...I can eat the right stuff, just usually lots of it, too much.   So I've just started incorporating some good stuff in and replacing other stuff.   I've been eating a FAGE Total 2% Greek Yogurt at like 8am, then like some pineapple, banana mid snack, lunch hasn't been the best, mid afternoon snack, dinner, then some fruit or Snyder's Multi-Grain pretzels (a Luke suggestion, and they are awesome) for a snack.

I intend on upping the egg whites,  more chicken, greens, putting in a protein shake, etc.

frankiscool -  As far as diet goes...I can eat the right stuff, just usually lots of it, too much.   So I've just started incorporating some good stuff in and replacing other stuff.   I've been eating a FAGE Total 2% Greek Yogurt at like 8am, then like some pineapple, banana mid snack, lunch hasn't been the best, mid afternoon snack, dinner, then some fruit or Snyder's Multi-Grain pretzels (a Luke suggestion, and they are awesome) for a snack.

I intend on upping the egg whites,  more chicken, greens, putting in a protein shake, etc.

u need protein at every meal

Good for you Frank.

If you have an iphone, I recommend the "Lose It" app.  It's free, helps you count calories, and simple to use.  I've dropped 5 or 6 lbs in about 4 weeks using it.

One of the best gyms in the world. Perpetually underrated

Good luck!

Monsters Ball - Eat the whole egg, not just the whites. The yolk has the most nutrition and it has good oil in it.

Yeah, for now I'm going all whites, maybe one yolk here and there until I get some good results.

the yolk alone is 230 cholesterol. Leave the yolks out. Good job Frank. Way to get in there. That's the hardest part. Catch me on xbox and I'll tell you some stuff I did otw to dropping 60lbs. It was mostly diet stuff I changed and it was all pretty easy.

ttt

I also found that doing a little bit in the morning before work goes a long way. I have alot more energy throughout the day if I go for justa small 30-45minute walk/crawl/run (just do as much as you can) before work. By the time I hit the shower and get to the office I am usually recovered from the jelly legs and just filled with energy. Getting up was the hardest thing by far. But once you stumble through the house and get your shoes on, you should be good to go.

Big Pun -  Catch me on xbox and I'll tell you some stuff I did otw to dropping 60lbs. It was mostly diet stuff I changed and it was all pretty easy.

Tell us all

Morgz - 
Big Pun -  Catch me on xbox and I'll tell you some stuff I did otw to dropping 60lbs. It was mostly diet stuff I changed and it was all pretty easy.

Tell us all

Yes, please.

And good on ya, Frank.

Good for you Frank and good luck....

Oh and no yolks.. seriously no yolks.. cardio and diet cardio and diet.. bla bla bla.. lol

frankiscool -   I won't even post my weight, lol...but let's just put it this way.  I hit 40 earlier this year, and the little aches and pains, my knees, back, etc. I knew I finally had to just something.   Luckily, I have some of the best friends at the HardCore Gym, so Adam Singer, Luke Federico, and Rory Singer will be allowing me to start off slowly and work my way up to where I can actually start to get into shape.

I was in last Thursday, Friday, and yesterday.   I"m starting at like a Cardiac level, lol...but I've sweated like I haven't in years and I'm in good hands.   It was pretty funny yesterday...I counted 34 guys sparring pretty rough with clinching, etc...and I'm over on the airdyne! hahaha, but I felt good afterwards.

Thanks to the HCG, hopefully I can live a few more years!

They have MORE than enough equipment for anyone needed ANY fitness program, and of course the best MMA instruction in the SouthEast!

This is great, best of luck dude!

I ate 1800 calories a day and burned 1000 (which is really easy). Instead of regular bread, replace it with the whole grain version. I didn't eat lean meats so much as just count the calories of everything and I weighed daily. A great free calorie counter is at Livestrong.com called your "daily plate". They have most foods already in a database so you are not constantly looking up nutrition info. They even break it down between carbs, fat and protein. Weighing yourself every morning and counting calories is a big wake up. It doesn't so much inspire you as just keeps you honest.

I can't stand the taste of microwaved stuff, but I found I really like those steam bags. I ate a ton of brocoli crowns. They taste good (to me) and give you alot of bang for your buck. I found that most "healthy" stuff really wasn't healthy. Nothing will keep you to a diet more than weighing often and counting calories. I try to stick to 300cals for breakfast. I generally eat breakfast twice. I eat a granola bar when I get to work and another around 10ish. I have a 500 cal lunch or so. I generally ate a sandwich, but sometimes chicken and broc or whatever you want. I eat dinner around 6 when I get home from work and I make that one about 700 calories. The biggest secret was the late night snack of about 300 calories (I like honey nut cheerios).

I eat something about 30 minutes before bed. I lost 9.6lbs just the first week alone on nothing but the diet and no exercise. After that it was between 3-5lbs every week mostly. It took about 3 weeks to get my body adjusted, but the weight just fell right off. You can also list your exercises at that livestrong.com site. I think they even have an iphone app. Count every single calorie. If you have something from the snackbowl, count it. Basically my method was just to focus and stop making excuses. If you weigh in every morning and count calories it removes that veil we all seem to put over our own eyes.

I find a really good berry powder/greens drink goes a long way as well. Good luck and stick with it, the best program is one that is done frequently. Also, intensity is everything. If you're able to read while doing cardio, you aren't going hard enough.

Oh count your condiments. If you add mayo or ranch, add the calories. Condiments have a shocking calorie count. At least to me they did. If you make a tuna sandwich don't stop counting at bread and tuna. If you added egg, count it. Mayo? Count it. If you do that, you will have all the focus you need to go through your day. Oh weigh in the mornings. If you see a bad number it inspires you for the day to do better. If you see a bad number at night it depresses you.

I also forgot to mention the only supplement I took was a single multivitamin. I didn't use shakes, meal replacements or anything like that. It's more about changing the way you eat permanently and I didn't see myself making shakes the rest of my life. I'll warn you that your tastes will change alot. I no longer like french fries. I used to love them. I still love pizza and burgers so don't worry. It won't completely ruin you.