IWAN, Your Thoughts On......

Double post.

Great post chad. I am not sure Mitchell will doubt himself as a result of the first fight, he may see the manhandling as the only way deal KT could control him. If they have a good referee in there that won't allow the rough tactics (referred to above), then maybe Mitchell see that as a big boost to his chances.

I just think that KT is too long in the tooth to come back now and IMMEDIATELY take on a slippery boxer like SM. I mean, he looked pretty terrible against Leija. Sure, he was able to time Judah perfectly, but why couldn't he do it to Leija? Even if KT had been active and injury free, I think at his age Mitchell may be too much.

What date is the fight?

hater you make an excellent point. About 2 months ago or so i was listening to the Dan Patrick show on ESPN radio and Rob Dibble was laughing about Sharmba fighting at 140. He obviously knows little about boxing and was amazed at that. He said he could not believe how wide Mitchells shoulders were and thought he was a 175 guy or so. Mitchell was in ESPN's offices for somer reason and Dibble said he walked past him. He could not even remember his name but patrick knew it.

I am hard on Mitchell but I do think he has skills. I remember when he was very young and wasw busy on TNF and he looked like a future great. I just think Chadk makes excellent points about his mental toughness. regardless of who you think won the NDou fight, you would have to be a Mitchell relative to have been even slightly impressed with that performance. He was suipposed to be ready for KT. To me, it is implausible that he was not prepared to look good that night. NDou took the fight on 2 weeks notice and shadowboxed in a motel room to get ready. Mitchell seems to always have an excuse. However, I think a tough fight like that probably serves Mitchell well in preparation for Kostya but I still think this is a fairly easy fight to pick other than not knowing how well prepared KT will be after such a layoff. AS cautious as KT has been over his career, I cannot see him taking this fight if he were not ready.

Hey IWHINE, when have I ever said that Bernard does not use dirty tactics in his fight or praised him for it? There is a difference between hitting a guy on the hip or using your shoulder and THROWING a guy to the canvas? Even someone as mentally challenged as yourself should be able to see that.

Great comeback about Arum. I never said that he and DK are the same, I said they operate in a similar manner. All promoters operate the same way, some keep more than others. Perhaps you cannot differentiate that.

Saying that Sharmba was young is not an excuse. The fact is that he was around 24 at the time, and just because he got stopped by two good fighters at that age is not something I would necessarily hold against him TEN years later. He may be mentally tougher now than back then, and he is surely more experienced than he was then. Kostya beat him no doubt the first time, but he DID fight dirty and Sharmba did have a bum knee which was definitely a factor. How much of a factor is something we will find out on Nov. 6.

"you are blatantly biased for and against certain guys and kick and scream whe someone disagrees with you. Grow up dude"

Ditto for you, "my friend". Let me remind you of some of your brilliant analysis. According to you, 2 time champ Keith Holmes is a "scrub", William Joppy is "a pussy" and Golota dominated Byrd. Winky Wright is featherfisted, yet De La Hoya is the greatest thing since fish tacos.

Great job buddy!

Rogie there is a difference between a bogus belt holder and a champion. Holmes lost to hassine Cherifi for crying out loud. Now you claim he was a MW champ while Nernard was the real champ. To me he is a B level guy at best but I still think he would have beaten Joppy if Joppy wopuld not have pussed out of their set fight. But Holmes never was a real champ.

I apologized for calling Joppy a pussy as it was out of line. Noone who laces them up deserves that and I said that. However, it does not change the fcat that he blatantly avoided Bernard for years when that fight was right to happen. He showed heart vs Tito and Bernard but against Bernard he only lasted because Nard made an ignorant side wager and Joppy badly needed the money and he took a dangerous beating IMO.

Winky is featherfisted. He has fought a long list of bad opponents and has a less than 50% KO%. He has 1 KO in about 5 years and he is always the bigger stronger guy. Are you saying that he is a big puncher?

Golota did beat Byrd IMO. However, Byrd cannot be defeated in your eyes. You have the "Byrd twinkle" when you watch him.

I have criticized Oscar several times and did so in the Nard fight. I did not see him doing well early as most did. I thought he had a dumb gameplan and his rhetoric that he knows he could have won is lame. He had no shot IMO basede on what I saw.

As far as DK and Arum goes, you are just flat out in denial that they operate in similar ways. Yes they are both promoters but that is it. DK steals blatantly from his guys and always looks to screw his fighters. Arum does not do that. Sure he looks out for himself but to compare the way he treats his fighters to the way DK treats his shows a bias and/or a stupidity of mythical proportions. Show me where Arum has had to admit to stealing like DK has and I will admit I was wrong but if you cannot you should admit your bias and love for the biggest thief in sports history. You usually seem like a fair guy but you just cannot call it objectively in some situations.

In conclusion, drop the insults. They serve no purpose in our vdebate and we can agree to disagree on certain things. Noone knows boxing as well as you think you do. It is not possible.

WTF is a fish taco? LOL

I have been supportive of Oscar because he is one of the few guys willing to fight the best time after time. Noone in boxing with the possible exception of Tito has been so willing to step up. Even Tito was apprehensive about a Quartey fight at 147 but Oscar fought Tito and Ike. Shane only fought Oscar at 147. Oscar has fought them all. With that said, he has proven to be a top flight fighter but I am not so sure it is accurate to call him great. What I have seen is Oscar either lose his way or decline as a fighter because he seems to have lost his legs. His movement has gotten worse by the fight. His power at higher weights is not great and I was just not impressed with what I saw vs Hopkins. Just trying to be objective.

What kind of fish do they use for those? And are they made with corn or flour tortillas?

The only time I have ever seen a fish taco is when I ended up with some chick in Myrtle Beach while in college. LOL

Fish tacos huh? Must be a Cali thing.

Gator you sound like a spoiled little teenager. You have absolutely no proof that Mitchell's injury wasn't legit.

And Mitchell never even fought Gonzalez you liar. Quit making stuff up.

Holmes lost to Cherifi but he won the belt back. He destroyed Quincy Taylor, and has beaten some other good fighters(Andrew Council, Robert McCracken, Kuvanych Toygonbayev, etc). He is not an elite level fighter, but has been a champ and top ten contender in two different weight divisions.

You said Golota "was robbed", hardly the case. I am not a Byrd fan by any means, but I appreciate his talent-especially since he fought at 65 back in 92. Byrd was controlling a lot of the fight in the center of the ring. re-watch the fight and you will see that is the case.

"Noone knows boxing as well as you think you do. It is not possible."

I have never proclaimed to know more than anyone else on this forum. You either have some ill founded assumptions or an insecurity complex.

I have been picking Mitchell to beat Tszyu for two reasons. One is that Tsyzu has been inactive and he did not look great in his last fight out before the injury. Now since that time Leija has came back to life, so I do not know what that fight was actually saying. Another reason I was picking Mitchell is because he has been active, and fighting fairly decent opponents. That could still be the factor in this fight.

A lot of people are talking about how good Tsyzu looks in camp, but that is camp and there is always talk on how he is doing in camp, yet comes out flat in the fight.

I think for Sharmba to be successful then he has to come right out and jump on Kostya early. He has to take this fight to him. Do not let Kostya dictate the fight. Another thing to look for is the actions of Mitchell before the fight. Before the last fight he was already talking about his knee and it gave the impression that he already had his excuse in order.

Anyway it goes, if Kostya is 100% then this will be a great fight, no matter the outcome.

Jeff, that was my point earlier. Kostya is not the fastest starter, so Sharmba will have to move his hands and get some rounds in the bank. He cant get too brave, but he cant let Kostya push him around like last time. If he can withstand some punishment late, he has an excellent chance of winning the fight. Especially if Kostya gets cut or swells early- a lot of the Russian guys tend to swell and get cut.

I saw Sharmba say that this is his last fight at 140. I didnt really understand why he would say that, he cant afford to look ahead because this is his career defining fight.

Rogie you are such a rascist guy. First, you always give a negative view of jewish guys and now "russian guys tend to swell and get cut". That is as stupid as saying black fighters are stupid and cannot avoid big shots ala Zab Judah vs KT. You cannot name a single fight where KT swelled and suffered like a Russian. Now that I think of it, I am wondering who all these swollen russians are. You must be reading Sports Illustrated in Palestine. Give us specific examples.

Mitchell's career is already defined IMO. He got KO'd by every good fighter he ever fought. He got controversial and rigged decisions vs each and every average fighter he fought. He got punked out by KT and cried a bullshit excuse when he quit on his stool. Can you imagine Holyfield quitting on his stool????????? What a joke. Now, he is facing a guy who has not fought in 2 years and by winning he is defined????? What a crock of shit.

Also, I would like to address this Leija issue. KT ruptured this cats eardrum in 6 rounds and we all know, except for maybe Yasser Rogie, that Leija is a badass dude. Just ask Bojado. I have serious doubts that Mitchell could even beat Leija, much less break him down.

Jeff no offense but if Sharmba jumps right on KT early it is suicide. That is an awful plan. It would never work.

"also, anyone who says "golota wasn't robbed verse byrd" is not a real boxing fan, is a dumbass and should be shot on sight. i gavce byrd 2 of the 12 rounds. it was not even remotely close"

LOL @ Gator calling someone racsist.

Boxing is subjective you moron. While you prefer dumbass bafoons like Ricardo Mayorga some appreciate crafty guys like Byrd. Get a life and quit acting like people don't know boxing because they see fights different than you. Gator still think Vargas almost KO'd Oscar in the first round and was way ahead on the scorecards when he damn near got decapitated.

We never will forget your classic Forrest/Mayorga scorecard in which you insist Vernon never even won a round. That says all you need to know about your judging credentials gator.

Wait a minute, did I miss two knockdowns in the Forrest-Mayo fights. I do not remember four ruled knockdowns.

I do not think jumping on Kostya early is such a bad plan. Mitchell can come out strong in the first and test him. He has to go about it the right way though. He cannot just try to Judah him.

Who said anything about Vargas-Oscar? I missed that post.

Jeff, gator came on here talking shit about how Vargas should have been credited with a knockdown in the first round, Oscar was almost KO'd, Oscar was well behind on the scorecards at the time of the stoppage, blah,blah,blah. Same old biased boring bullshit from this clown.

Also, you don't get credited for knockdowns when you basically run over your opponent and land a couple of grazing shots to his back.

Mayorga's 2 fights with Spinks and Forrest where the biggest case of ineffective aggression I've ever seen yet gator thinks the guy won all 24 rounds and should have been credited with 15 knockdowns.

LOL at Mayorga showing ineffective aggression against Vernon Forrest. Against Spinks maybe, but against Forrest? Come on now.

"Rogie you are such a rascist guy. First, you always give a negative view of jewish guys and now "russian guys tend to swell and get cut". That is as stupid as saying black fighters are stupid and cannot avoid big shots ala Zab Judah vs KT. You cannot name a single fight where KT swelled and suffered like a Russian. Now that I think of it, I am wondering who all these swollen russians are. You must be reading Sports Illustrated in Palestine. Give us specific examples.

Nice try at the race card, genius. By the way is is spelled R-A-C-I-S-T. racist as in a certain someone who has called Floyd Mayweather "semi retarded", and also made racist comments towards another forum member and embarrased himself even more than usual in the process. Fact is Einstein, that a lot of Russian guys like Jirov have high cheekbones and are prone to swelling and cuts. Even Emmanuel Steward has mentioned this about Jirov, and other writers have referred to it as well. The fact that you have not heard this theory, further cements my opinion that you are talking out of your ass once again. A feeble attempt at the race card my friend, why dont you go watch your sorry Clemson Pussycats play or go troll fightsport(like you have admitted to doing) instead? You keep embarrasing yourself, and this is getting old. As for the Jewish race card you tried, the only guy I have criticized is your idol Bob Arum. Mike Katz is the best writer around, and he is Jewish.

"Mitchell's career is already defined IMO. He got KO'd by every good fighter he ever fought. He got controversial and rigged decisions vs each and every average fighter he fought. He got punked out by KT and cried a bullshit excuse when he quit on his stool. Can you imagine Holyfield quitting on his stool????????? What a joke. Now, he is facing a guy who has not fought in 2 years and by winning he is defined????? What a crock of shit."

The key word in this is "IMO". Your opinion isnt worth much Im afraid, junior. If Sharmba wins this fight, he will get a lot of recognition from the boxing press for 1)being the junior welterweight champion 2)avenging a ko defeat and 3)silencing a lot of critics. The fact that you would say he has "controversial and rigged" decisions once again shows the world what a joke you are. Would Holyfield have rolled around on the canvas from a suspect body shot like your hero De La Hoya(who like yourself has made public racist statements)? I think not.

"Also, I would like to address this Leija issue. KT ruptured this cats eardrum in 6 rounds and we all know, except for maybe Yasser Rogie, that Leija is a badass dude. Just ask Bojado. I have serious doubts that Mitchell could even beat Leija, much less break him down."

"Yasser Rogie?". Another racist statement? LOL is that the best you can come up with dude?

Leija WAS a bad dude. LOL at Leija being able to beat Sharmba because he beat Bojado.

Im still waiting for you to prove your allegations about the Jose Rivera situation and some of the other allegations you have made. You talk about other people being biased and racist, but you are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black. This is addition to your penchant for outright lies, distorting people's posts, and in general behaving like a moron.