J.T, Torres dvd

Some days ago, J.T. Torres dvd "taking the back from the close guard" came to my hands. from my point of view, this dvd is one of the best dvds i ever have watched. Is amazing how simple are the techniques, but how complex are at the same time. i never thought i could take the back from the close guard as "easy" as this. Anyone have watched this set too?

Sounds like someone copied and pasted one of the many "testimonials" on Lloyd's site.

HoldYerGround

yes, you are right :-). anyway, trying to clarify that i have no relationship with Lloyd Irving empire :-). Just started to watch it and got surprised about the techniques he is showing at the dvd.

top for JT

Hi Lloyd!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but was his Brown Belt NoGi World champion instructional ever released? I was on the mailing list for it and heard nothing.

I have a new dvd coming soon. It's called "Getting my back taken by JT Torres".

wow..this is bad...

I saw JT's Gi stuff on Taking the Back and also his Brown Belt No Gi Champ discs.

I need to rewatch them but on my first run through I thought they were just okay.

A few interesting moves but not a whole lot of new stuff for meand it wasn't like there were nice details on the stuff I already knew to give me a new perspective.  I need to rewatch them and see though.

For me these were not as good as Fowler's No Gi Made Easy.  I thought they had a lot of good info and  Fowler taught it well.

Lloyd Irvin products haven't impressed me. They're typically very average products with a lot of marketing.

An exception would be M.Fowler's NoGi set. I thought it was very good but the format left a lot to be desired.

all of the fowler stuff has been exceptional imo.

the torres vid (haven't seen all of it) is a good solid vid on taking the back. nothing mind blowing, but a good level of detail, would be very good for whites, blues, maybe purples.

ogjune - Lloyd Irvin products haven't impressed me. They're typically very average products with a lot of marketing.

An exception would be M.Fowler's NoGi set. I thought it was very good but the format left a lot to be desired.

Isn't Lloyd re-filming them with JT? This time i think he is going to format/organize them better

i got a message about it and that he was going to resend the new vids to everyone who had ordered the original set for free.

I heard they were refilming Fowler teaching with JT as the partner too.  I heard they were going to be more organized and they would even add some stuff. 

I hope Fowler teaches them again.  His stuff is very good in my humble opinion.  And I agree with the above post that the rest of the stuff from that camp has only been so-so.

JT learned his craft from an RGDA affiliate.