Jabbing Like a Master - Technical Article

Just a little breakdown as part of my regular commitment to HeadKickLegend.com - features gifs of the unparalleled Joe Louis and excerpts from Edwin Haislet and Champ Thomas! Please head there and check it out, then come back and tell me where the typos are! ;)

As always feedback is how I learn, so please be ruthless!

Cheers,

Jack Slack

http://www.headkicklegend.com/2012/1/19/2718349/jack-slacks-striking-guide-the-jab-offensive

Also be sure to add me on Twitter =D

@JackSlackMMA 

Suess -  in early and voted up!  ps fuck twitter :P

Hahaha I know man, but it's the future... apparently... =/

I hate twitter, in for later Phone Post

been loving all your articles man keep up the good work

In Phone Post

DW -  been loving all your articles man keep up the good work

Good stuff Phone Post

For later

Get on Twitter everyone! It's the future and I'm finally there XD

Bump!

TallNStall -  Get on Twitter everyone! It's the future and I'm finally there XD
Sadly, I live in the past. But I'm a big fan of the jab, so I'll at least bump this thread.

Big fan.

TTT.

In for later ..

Jabs are tge single most important punch period..you can break someone mentally and physically with jabs

-gerbacio Phone Post

. Phone Post

Thanks again. Phone Post

For the modern MMA fighter who seeks to improve his effectiveness with the jab it is worth looking back to the earlier days of boxing - or as many would call them, the Golden Years.  

Standing like an old school boxer -extremely bladed, with your head to the back, off center may be a great head defense no doubt, but it's also a golden ticket to getting your leg crushed by a low kick or being completely unable to defend a takedown.

Everything must be modified in MMA and this includes boxing defense. The writer is dismissive of blocking due to small gloves but instead he should advocate the catch/parry/slip a much better tactic than an unbalanced stance.

Bull_in_chinashop - For the modern MMA fighter who seeks to improve his effectiveness with the jab it is worth looking back to the earlier days of boxing - or as many would call them, the Golden Years.  

Standing like an old school boxer standing extremely bladed, with your head to the back, off center may be a great head defense no doubt, but it's also a golden ticket to getting your leg crushed by a low kick or being completely unable to defend a takedown.

Everything must be modified in MMA and this includes boxing defense.

Oh I agree absolutely. That's why I pointed out in my breakdown of Diaz - Condit on CagePotato the other day that the Diaz brothers are very susceptible to leg kicks from the outside.

I prefer to start in a normal stance and step in to a sideways stance while jabbing, then get immediately back. Its not a great position to kickbox from.

Grind and BUMP!

great stuff again!