Jacare a free agent after Saturday's fight

After taking on Robert Whittaker at UFC on Fox 24 this Saturday, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza officially fulfills his existing contract with the UFC, making him a free agent.

The UFC already has Gegard Mousasi to negotiate with. I can't imagine they let both guys go, particularly Jacare.

"We've been going back and forth (with UFC officials) for a while," Souza's manager Gilberto Faria told MMA Fighting. "We still have not reached an agreement on his value, but we will continue to talk after the fight. Our goal is to reach a new agreement shortly. The UFC middleweight belt is Jacare's goal. With a good contract in place, we will keep fighting the best middleweight talents out there and earn the title shot.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/10/15248514/jacare-souza-to-become-free-agent-after-saturdays-ufc-on-fox-24-event

Is this the time when the UG starts claiming he'll definitely go to Bellator even though Bellator has absolutely terrible pay, much worse than the UFC.

Everyone Is Replaceable Nowadays Except A Handful Nowadays

Miguel cro cop - Is this the time when the UG starts claiming he'll definitely go to Bellator even though Bellator has absolutely terrible pay, much worse than the UFC.

I think Bellator would pay him or Moose, it'd be worth it to have a legitimate champ since Carvalho is the worst champ in MMA right now. Their 135, 145, 155, 170 and 205 divisions certainly compete with the UFC's and have legitimate champions (maybe not 155 now that Brooks and Held are average at best in the UFC, although Chandler did just beat Bendo), i'm sure they want the same for 185 and HW now.

It will not happen but at this point, I'd prefer both fighters to sign with Bellator.

Based on the irrelevant middle weight ranking system and the UFC's champion not being forced to fight ranked opponents, neither fighter will get a legitimate shot to compete for a title.

It would be good for MMA if Bellator could snag these two top tier fighters. It might also make the UFC re evaluate how they set up championship fights in the future if they start losing top notch guys.

Is this bispings master strategy  to remain champ?

hold out in fighting any real contenders until all of em fulfill their contracts and then leave for better pay in bellator!

Bisping's diabolical like that!

If he gets past GSP, we might get a 48 year old Henderson trilogy fight. :)

Jacare is the best 185er in the World. If he goes to Bellator so does the real world champ.

keithws2 - Bisping's diabolical like that!

If he gets past GSP, we might get a 48 year old Henderson trilogy fight. :)

actually GSP is going to beat Bisbing and then defend against Gastelum and hendricks to secure his legacy at mw