Jack Hatton death

I am sharing this from Harun's FB account the last time he talked to Jack:  

"We just talked Sunday and everything seemed fine. You sounded poised and ready to make the last steps to becoming an Olympian next year."

You'll always be in my memories my friend.

This is why the judo community is so saddened.  It shouldn't of happened.  How could it happen?  I mention him in my prayers at night. RIP.

One of my judo budies who runs a dojo sent this article.  After reading it my thoughts were USA failed Jack by not providing counciling to athletes due to physical/metal strains put on them.  Financial limitations on athletes who have to train and travel and in Jack's case by himself many times to competitions.  Kayla and  Travis had JImmy and his dad big Jim in their corners at most/all IJF events.  And  to this the uncertaty of their future after judo and for what has to play a part in the psyce of Jack. I question why those closet to Jack(Stevens his coach for example would not recognise Jack was struggling and needed support from professionsals.  Doctors and Psycologist.  And Jack's future after judo.  Anyone's thoughts on this? Am I reading this wrong?  Not everyone can be a Kayla or Travis.  

https://sports.nbcsports.com/2020/01/08/jack-hatton-tim-layden/

Sorry forgot the link.

This is sad. I used to help teach the kids class sometimes where Jack started judo here in NYC. . there were 6-8 kids in the class and Jack was the most natural out of all of them.

His father was my training partner and I told him that Jack was so relentless in his attacks which gave him a proud smile on his face. He looked at Jack and said hey buddy this man called you relentless… do you know what that means? Jack said No, is it good? Father and I laughed.

I quit judo after a bad injury training for the Starret Cup and visited the dojo some time after. The guys told me the Hattons were no longer training there. Hoped to have seen them before. they left.

RIP Jack.

Interesting story.  Where in the city are you?