Jackson explains decision to corner Jones

Jackson explains decision to corner Jones

/go=news.detail&gid=394911 [mmafighting.com]

"I felt I had kind of a duty to the team," Jackson said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "What I mean by that is Jon Jones is on the team, Rashad has left the team and has made it pretty clear he's not coming back. My personal feeling, if I wanted to be a little selfish, I would say, 'I don't want to deal with any of it. I don't want to be there at all.' But it has to mean something to be on a team. It has to mean something, and I felt I had a duty to do that, because Jon's on the team, so it's my responsibility to corner him. Even though it's a really hard decision, I decided to go with it."

Jackson has been working with Jones throughout the entire fight camp, but that doesn't mean it's been a comfortable feeling given everything he's gone through with Evans over the years. The two were together for most of Evans' career, through his championship victory, until the tension with Jones caused a rift that ultimately became a rip.

"It's not fun," he said of the situation. "I wouldn't call it weird, it's just not fun. I love Jon to death, but I love Rashad, too. And so it's not a position I enjoy at all. It's not something I like, but it something I think I have to do."

read entire article...

Face it, Greg. You got no loyalty.

Soul Gravy - Face it, Greg. You got no loyalty.
This. Johnny come lately Phone Post

Greg Jackson represents everything that is wrong with people today.

Dude has no sand. Phone Post

Damn, I was thinking of a different Jackson... It just didn't make sense on any level.

Greg Wackson Phone Post

Greg knows where his bread is buttered.

CaptainKirk - I hope Rashad beats bones then does a good F you to the team Jackson ala Tito and the Lions den.
Yup Phone Post

"But it has to mean something to be on a Team". Ok, Mr. Jackson.

"Go get some fans!"

I can't wait for Rashad to stomp a mudhole into team Jackson.

No loyalty? So....let me get this straight....to not corner a fighter on his team, but corner a fighter that is not on his team would have been a demonstration of loyalty? Man, hate just blinds some of you guys to the point that logic disappears.

Well, at least he picked the winning side.   

Greg and yow fake azz

Bla bla bla bla

$$$$$$ Phone Post

You idiots are fucking pathetic. Rashad left the gym but for some reason Jackson is supposed to have some loyalty to him and not even corner his best fighter because of that? Yes that makes perfect sense! Fucking idiots. Phone Post

ausgepicht - No loyalty? So....let me get this straight....to not corner a fighter on his team, but corner a fighter that is not on his team would have been a demonstration of loyalty? Man, hate just blinds some of you guys to the point that logic disappears.

Rashad was around WAY longer than Jones, infact if it wasn't for Rashad, Jackson MMA wouldn't be where it is today. Jackson chose to go for the new guy instead of fight to keep Rashad on the team and is now cornering against one of the guys who made him successful. Fuck that guy.

And lol@ him pretending that the selfish thing to do is not to take the fight. What a liar and a cheat. Phone Post

MMApostle - 
ausgepicht - No loyalty? So....let me get this straight....to not corner a fighter on his team, but corner a fighter that is not on his team would have been a demonstration of loyalty? Man, hate just blinds some of you guys to the point that logic disappears.

Rashad was around WAY longer than Jones, infact if it wasn't for Rashad, Jackson MMA wouldn't be where it is today. Jackson chose to go for the new guy instead of fight to keep Rashad on the team and is now cornering against one of the guys who made him successful. Fuck that guy.
I don't disagree with that, but to abandon a fighter on his team mate wouldn't be a display of loyalty. So he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

What would you do if you were in his situation? Corner Rashad? (non-rhetorical questions)