Jackson explains decision to corner Jones

Didn't read. GJ doesn't need to explain anything to anyone. The situation speaks for itself. Phone Post

CaptainKirk - 
majikman - I am a Rashad fan, but there is nothing wrong with Jackson cornering the fighter who is still on his team. He should not have to abandon Jones, because Rashad made the decision to leave the camp

Again unless you know the back story it will make no sense.

What does a random quote from Wrestlemania or "Days of Our Lives" have to do with anything?

UGCTT_Rychek -  Whoever beats Jones, it would be 3x better for that person to be Rashad just cause of all the shit thats happend between them. I'd honestly be a huge Jones fan if I didn't get the feeling that he is such a fake person. The guy has tons of talent, but I can't seem to like him at all and root against him every time.
Finally. The first honest person on the thread.

ausgepicht -
goku - U don't get it. Jackson always made a huge deal about loyalty and teammates not fighting each other. That's part of his marketing . But then he invites jones to the team against rashads wishes knowing that there was a good possibility they would have to fight and one would leave the camp.

The right thing to do is not coach either. He coached hashad for a long time and knows his strengths and weakness and now he will use that knowledge against hashad. Jackson who claimed he loved rashad is now going to do everything in his power to destroy him. That's a sell out. Phone Post
Actually, you don't get it. On what planet would not coaching Jones....a fighter in his camp, demonstrate loyalty?

The wrong thing to do is not corner your fighter for one of the biggest fights of his career. His JOB is to corner his fighters. Rashad LEFT the team. Jones is still on it.

Just admit that you guys are blinded by hatred to the point of being irrational?

He's always told
His fighters he would not coach them if they fought each other. Yes radhad is no
Longer on the team but the same principal applies. Phone Post

dear god i want rashad to wreck jones. Phone Post

goku - And lol@ him pretending that the selfish thing to do is not to take the fight. What a liar and a cheat. Phone Post
I don't think selfish means what he thinks it means. Phone Post

Carne de cavalo é o melhor -
goku -  And lol@ him pretending that the selfish thing to do is not to take the fight. What a liar and a cheat. Phone Post

lol you caught that too?

Greg Jackson is a snake in the grass, but hey, the man runs a business.

That being said I hope he dies alone.

Hope he dies alone? Why don't you save your self righteous indignation for people who deserve it, like murderers, rapists etc.

I wonder how many people crying about "ooh he's fake!" have ever met the guy to draw such a conclusion? Too much interest in drama, it's kinda emo. Phone Post

Greg has no loyalty and I honestly don't think this bothers him at all

this is what Rashad gets for hanging out with people like that. the only fun part will be watching Jackson do it to Jones in a few years

"Jackson chose to go for the new guy instead of fight to keep Rashad on the team"

did the same thing to Diego

"Go check on Rashad.  Get some fans." 
                                            -  Greg Jackson

ausgepicht - 
youarewhatiswrong - what the fuck is wrong with the people around here?
Jealousy, hatred. Take your pick.

Or ignorance as exemplified by you.

What some of you jackasses fail to realize is way after Rashad left Greg said if and when the fight did happen he wouldn't be in either corner, hence why he's even explaining his position in the first place.

If you don't know what is going on then ask nicely or STFU and figure it out yourself. :)

ausgepicht - 
mghan44 - 
MMApostle - 
ausgepicht - No loyalty? So....let me get this straight....to not corner a fighter on his team, but corner a fighter that is not on his team would have been a demonstration of loyalty? Man, hate just blinds some of you guys to the point that logic disappears.

Well, at least he picked the winning side.   

Rashad was around WAY longer than Jones, infact if it wasn't for Rashad, Jackson MMA wouldn't be where it is today. Jackson chose to go for the new guy instead of fight to keep Rashad on the team and is now cornering against one of the guys who made him successful. Fuck that guy.

Who cares that Rashad was around longer? Jones is a current Jacksons MMA member, Rashad is not.

Greg Jackson is the COACH of Jackson's MMA. Jon Jones is a member of Jackson's MMA. Rashad Evans voluntarily left Jackson's to go somewhere else.

You are honestly saying that it is fucked up of Jackson to coach the fighter that is ON HIS TEAM? A coach coaching his athlete is fucked up?

Please someone explain this view to me without sounding like a total and complete moron.
This.

People are saying Jackson isn't loyal yet it was RASHAD who left the team. If Rashad had loyalty he would have stayed. So why doesn't anyone mention that while they are spouting about the importance of loyalty?

Now I understand that the thread has NOTHING to do with loyalty but the hatred and jealousy of Jones. We Hate JJ Top Team. Makes sense now.

Wow, I didn't realize you were this ignorant. Read these next few sentences very slowly. Greg's fighters had an agreement to never fight each other. Every other fighter ever from Team Jackson has always given a flat out no to fighting a teammate. Jones was the first to break this agreement. Prior to Jones acting like a bitch, Rashad had said if Jon won the belt he would've moved down to middleweight.

If Jackson was loyal he would've kicked Jon off his team for breaking their agreement and stay with someone who supposedly is like a brother to him.

studiocamp - 
ausgepicht - 
mghan44 - 
MMApostle - 
ausgepicht - No loyalty? So....let me get this straight....to not corner a fighter on his team, but corner a fighter that is not on his team would have been a demonstration of loyalty? Man, hate just blinds some of you guys to the point that logic disappears.

Rashad was around WAY longer than Jones, infact if it wasn't for Rashad, Jackson MMA wouldn't be where it is today. Jackson chose to go for the new guy instead of fight to keep Rashad on the team and is now cornering against one of the guys who made him successful. Fuck that guy.

Who cares that Rashad was around longer? Jones is a current Jacksons MMA member, Rashad is not.

Greg Jackson is the COACH of Jackson's MMA. Jon Jones is a member of Jackson's MMA. Rashad Evans voluntarily left Jackson's to go somewhere else.

You are honestly saying that it is fucked up of Jackson to coach the fighter that is ON HIS TEAM? A coach coaching his athlete is fucked up?

Please someone explain this view to me without sounding like a total and complete moron.
This.

People are saying Jackson isn't loyal yet it was RASHAD who left the team. If Rashad had loyalty he would have stayed. So why doesn't anyone mention that while they are spouting about the importance of loyalty?

Now I understand that the thread has NOTHING to do with loyalty but the hatred and jealousy of Jones. We Hate JJ Top Team. Makes sense now.

Wow, I didn't realize you were this ignorant. Read these next few sentences very slowly. Greg's fighters had an agreement to never fight each other. Every other fighter ever from Team Jackson has always given a flat out no to fighting a teammate. Jones was the first to break this agreement. Prior to Jones acting like a bitch, Rashad had said if Jon won the belt he would've moved down to middleweight.

If Jackson was loyal he would've kicked Jon off his team for breaking their agreement and stay with someone who supposedly is like a brother to him.

Sprawl'n'Stall - 
mghan44 - Who cares that Rashad was around longer? Jones is a current Jacksons MMA member, Rashad is not.

Oh really? It doesn't matter at all that Rashad helped build the team? Without Rashad, JBJ would most probably be elsewhere, with another camp. It's not as a guy that leaves an NFL or NHL team. It goes deeper than that.

Jackson chose JBJ because he saw the potential. OK, fine. And now he corners against his former guy. Not great, but hey, it's business. But then opening his mouth like he did and trying to justify that his shit doesn't stink? I mean, come on!

Should a coach not take in a fighter with high potential because hes in the same weight class as another fighter in the gym? Also I seem to remember Jackson saying that if Evans and Jones were to meet in a title fight that he wouldnt corner either one. Rashad got upset and left the gym. He very well could have stayed, chosen not to fight or to fight and Jackson wouldnt have coached either of them.

studiocamp -
ausgepicht - 
mghan44 - 
MMApostle - 

This.

Lol at this mud faggot calling a pro fighter and world champion a bitch. I love how far this site has fallen /sarcasm Phone Post

ttt

Soul Gravy - Face it, Greg. You got no loyalty.

Exactly.

I used to be a big fan of Jackson's but it's become more and more clear over the past few years how fake he is.

Credit to everyone who saw through his BS back when he was saying he wouldn't corner either guy if they fought, pretending he was agonizing over it. You just knew he'd eventually make some excuse why he has to corner Jones, not for his own gain, but as a selfless act for others. lol

What's funny is some people will want to believe him so badly they'll buy the BS he's shoveling.

He may as well just say the truth - he saw a younger fighter he thought had a lot of potential so he decided to go the selfish route and focus most of his attention there for more gains in the future over a fighter who helped him get established but doesn't have as much time left in the sport. At least be honest about it instead of lie to try and "get some fans!".

I'm afraid you've misunderstood. No one's saying he should corner Evans. They're just saying if he was truly sincere about the whole situation he wouldn't corner either of them like he said he wouldn't for months after the fight was announced. Even back then many people stated that he would eventually come up with some rationale why he should corner.

Evans said when Jones came along Jackson stopped working with him much and focused a lot of attention on Jones instead. Jackson was always adamant about being against teammates fighting each other and Rashad felt that way as well, but then Jones said he would fight Rashad, and who did Jackson side with? Not the one who went against his precious "teammates shouldn't fight each other" code, but with the younger fighter who has more future potential. Then Jackson claims he wouldn't corner either fighter if they fought (you know, that whole "code" thing he claimed to have), but lo and behold, now he says he has to corner Jones not for his own gain, but for the good of the "team".

I'm not some blind hater either. On the contrary, I used to be a big fan of Jackson. A couple years ago he was my favorite MMA coach, but it's obvious he's a liar and exploiter now. He claims he never tells guys to pointfight (he doesn't always) but some of his fighters have stated his strategies which show otehrwise. He told Jones to go check on Machida saying it would get Jones some fans, then he lied and tried to claim he was misunderstood. Now this...his true colors are pretty clear. Jackson's about business, not loyalty.

Kings21 - 
Sprawl'n'Stall - 
mghan44 - Who cares that Rashad was around longer? Jones is a current Jacksons MMA member, Rashad is not.

Oh really? It doesn't matter at all that Rashad helped build the team? Without Rashad, JBJ would most probably be elsewhere, with another camp. It's not as a guy that leaves an NFL or NHL team. It goes deeper than that.

Jackson chose JBJ because he saw the potential. OK, fine. And now he corners against his former guy. Not great, but hey, it's business. But then opening his mouth like he did and trying to justify that his shit doesn't stink? I mean, come on!

Should a coach not take in a fighter with high potential because hes in the same weight class as another fighter in the gym? Also I seem to remember Jackson saying that if Evans and Jones were to meet in a title fight that he wouldnt corner either one. Rashad got upset and left the gym. He very well could have stayed, chosen not to fight or to fight and Jackson wouldnt have coached either of them.

Of course he left Jackson's gym. What would you do if you were Rashad and:

- Jackson brought in Jones even though you expressed displeasure with not wanting another LHW on the team beacuse of potential friction, then Jackson focused his attention on Jones training over yours

- Jackson supposedly had a longstanding precious code about teammates not fighting each other. Then when asked about facing Jones if Jones won the title you said you would ilkely just drop to MW. Then when Jones be asked the same question he said he would fight you. Then Jackson, instead of defusing the situation or having a talk with Jones telling him he didn't want fighters on his team fighting each other, he just sat back.

Are you saying you wouldn't leave? Sounds like a training environment gone sour to me. Rashad, like any fighter, is going to want to get the best training he can from his coaches and when it seems like your coach and team who you've been loyal to for years is pushing you to the side and a teammate backstabs you and that same coach doesn't bring that fighter in line, you can't blame a fighter for seeing the writing on the wall. I don't even like Rashad and it's clear to me he's in the right on this.

Your assumption about Jackson stating he wouldn't corner either of them and then Evans leaving isn't quite accurate. Jackson did say that before Evans left. However, he also said it after Evans left. Jackson claimed he wouldn't corner either fighter because he loved them both. In fact, the night Jones beat Shogun Ariel Helwani asked Jackson how he felt about Rashad leaving and Jackson reiterated several times that he would not corner either fighter and it was bittersweet that they were fighting because Rashad was "like his brother". He said he wouldn't even be in the building unless he had another fighter on the card that he was cornering. Now he claims he has to corner Jones for the good of the "team".

studiocamp - 
ausgepicht - 
mghan44 - 
MMApostle - 

This.

LMAO at you calling anyone ignorant when you don't even have your facts straight. Rashad was talking about moving down to MW until Wittman told him he should be willing to fight Jones if he won the belt. Rashad manufactured the whole "disrespect" angle so he could have a reason to get a title shot. The funny thing is Evans even got rid of Wittman when he left Jackson's, talk about disloyal...

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Coach-Tells-Evans-He-Should-Be-Willing-to-Fight-Jones-30539

Wouldn't it be great if when the fight starts, Jackson runs over to Rashad's corner in a total last-second, double-cross move? Then Rashad beats Jones down with some high-level techniques and it's revealed that Jackson has been training him in secret all along?

Unfortunately in non-fantasy land I don't think Rashad has a chance, and this fight will be pretty boring...