Jacob Volkmann = threat to National Security

Just checked out the Secret Service website and they say they have 150 offices in the US and abroad. They probably have an office somewhere in Minnesota and drove to meet Volkmann. It doesn't seem like a waste of resources to me.

He exercised his right of free speech.  That doesn't mean that even the smallest hint of a threat to The President won't be investigated.  It would be negligent not to.  It isn't like he has been jailed (or worse) for his comments as he would in some other countries.

He will be found to not be a threat and it will be dropped.  Not saying I disagree w/what he said, per se, but he may want to phrase it differently if he is bothered by visits like that, because surely he will receive more for any similar occurrences.

Respectfully:

Fred 

joe bruce - 
UnzippedAndMcCorkh0led -  I find it funnier that the thread starter see's it as a free speech issue .?

why wouldnt it be?

Really? You can't understand how it has nothing to do with freedom of speech?

If you threaten the President you will be investigated, after all he is the leader of the USA.

Jebus, How many promoters do we see screw fighters out of money and they don't even get a visit from a cop and someone saying they want to fight Nobama(which would never happen) and the Secret Service show up at your house and place of employment?

@IRISH- not shit unless it got really out of hand. Volkmann on the other hand said what he did ON CAMERA for a multitude of people to see.

World war 3, started by Jacob Volkmann.

joe bruce - 
UnzippedAndMcCorkh0led -  I find it funnier that the thread starter see's it as a free speech issue .?

why wouldnt it be?

Because free speech has it's limits. Like yelling fire in a crowded theater.  Now have an argument with yourself ;-)

Same shit would have happened if it was Bush in office. You don't talk that kind of shit about the POUA and not expect a visit from the secret service. I thought that was common knowledge. BTW, fuck that guy or anyone threatening our commander in chief.

kaitlinrosie -  Perhaps more of a waste of resources then? Seems a little extreme to me.

Yeah, a phone call probably would have done the trick.

What a stupid waste of resources.  He didn't "threaten him".  What were his exact words?

You can not communicate a threat toward the President, whether it be tongue in cheek or not with expecting a knock at your door. That is one the main functions of the Secret Service to investigate threats against the Pres. Not at all a waste of resources, as that is one of their primary functions. Phone Post

He should have just said "Obama sucks balls."

Then no one would have shown up. This happens routinely...

Greatest marketing gimmick ever.  I wonder how he got the white house to play along.

The same people that don't understand what happened here are the same ones I see on 'Cops'. Who get an order from a Law Enforcement Officer and decide to debate it.

Right before the taser comes out.

Haulport - He should have just said "Obama sucks balls."

Then no one would have shown up. This happens routinely...

He would have gotten zero publicity. Maybe making the Huffington Post is worth giving some coffee to the men in black.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/04/jacob-volkmann-barack-obama_n_804172.html

jesus what a fucked up country America can be, land of the free? what bull, I find the fact that people expected this astonishing

oh and war Volkmann

Some people are missing the point.  It has nothing to do w/it being President Obama, personally.  Doesn't matter who it is that is in office.  Also, you can criticize all you want.  Many people do, just listen to am talk radio, or any of tons of other sources.  It isn't the criticism, it is the threat, no matter how slight, that will get you on a radar screen you might want to stay off of.  As I stated earlier, he got his visit, they will likely decide he is no threat, and that will be the end of it unless there is a recurrence.  

And as someone pointed out earlier, the Secret Service has field offices all over, so they likely sent out agents from the closest one.

Respectfully:

Fred

So now that they have a file on Volkman, does this mean he would be refused access to the white house should he ever want to take the tour? Phone Post

This is seriously like... Terrorism 101... You can't threaten the president. You can't even threaten to threaten him. You can't do it on the phone, over the computer, to yourself in the bathroom, and especially not on TV with tons of people watching. Jesus, where do they find these people?