Jacobs Ladder

Discuss this movie. Some say the most underrated movie of all time.

What say you? Phone Post 3.0

Loved that movie when I was 16 and just starting to smoke weedf and stuff. Great mind fucker movie in the vein of 12 monkeys or inception..

Culkin? Phone Post 3.0

been meaning to rewatch. I remember it being really great. I'll jump in tomorrow.

ttt Phone Post 3.0

Freaked me out.

Great movie Phone Post 3.0

Excellent psychological horror movie. It helped influence the original Silent Hill games.
Surprised to see it at only 69% on rotten tomatoes. I would have figured it would have near universal positive ratings, but there are a few negative ones there. Phone Post 3.0

Just watched it again. Fairly confusing and the ending left a bit to be desired

I liked it. It was well thought out. Phone Post 3.0

Silent hill Phone Post 3.0

i think it is overrated tbh...it had a decent premise and some creepy scenes but overall was confusing and just meh..

That movie psychology impacts almost everyone who sees it, particularly around the time it came out.
Well done, great story, moments of ambiguity.
I consider it a personal favorite. Phone Post 3.0

I showed my wife this movie recently and she took it really hard. Afterwards she started crying and said "why did you make me watch that?"

I thought it was good. Phone Post 3.0

It was my favorite movie for a long time. I've seen it dozens of times. I still think its great but they kind of lost it at the end with the government test stuff. Phone Post 3.0

I think all the movies that literally borrowed the concept from JL, i.e, Sixth Sense, Silent Hill, Inception, have ruined it for most people. If one had seen JL before viewing all those other above mentioned flicks, your opinion would most definitely could have been very positive.

Danny Aiello couldn't have been better, probably his best acting right next to his role in The Professional; Pena, really brought something special to her role as Jezebel, rest her soul; Robbins, did a really good job baiting the viewer in until the reveal at the end.

The acting by the lead actors was superb and so was the premise and script plus the photography. What else could anyone ask for?

i don't see how it was confusing: it was a dying man's dream.

Haven't watched that since I was s little kid like 8 or so. I remember it scaring the hell out of me. I've been wanting to watch it again.

Is it on Netflix,YouTube? Phone Post 3.0

SMOKING MANHOLE - Haven't watched that since I was s little kid like 8 or so. I remember it scaring the hell out of me. I've been wanting to watch it again.

Is it on Netflix,YouTube? Phone Post 3.0

It was on Netflix when I watched it last.

yusul - i don't see how it was confusing: it was a dying man's dream.

yusul,

the problem is that the whole Jacob's Ladder drug thing should have been a part of the dream, yet after the movie is over there is text that says something about the government actually performing experiments with drugs on soldiers in Vietnam. If the drugs were a factor then how would Robbins' character have known about that in order to have that a part of the dream?

If you take away the text at the end I think it all works out fine: Robbins' is having his dying dream and the way his mind copes with the visions is because he believes the government drugged him...as long as that reason stays in the dream world it all works, imo