Jake Ellenberger vs. Johny Hendricks @ UFC 158

During the live broadcast of tonight’s TUF 16 Finale the Ultimate Fighting Championship announced three key welterweight matchups for the upcoming UFC 158 event in Montreal, including a bout between Jake ‘The Juggernaut’ Ellenberger (28-6) and Johny ‘Bigg Rigg’ Hendricks (14-1) as that third fight.
The other two previously identified matches include a welterweight title match between champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz and a rematch between Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit.

http://www.themmanews.com/jake-ellenberger-vs-johny-hendricks-announced-for-ufc-158-in-montreal/

Great match up. Can't wait, great fights headlining that one.

Diaz and GSP
Condit and Rory
Ellenberger and Hendricks

Slap Maxwell - Great match up. Can't wait, great fights headlining that one.

Diaz and GSP
Condit and Rory

Sounds pretty awesome Phone Post

Slap Maxwell - Great match up. Can't wait, great fights headlining that one.

Diaz and GSP
Condit and Rory

Should be

GSP-Hendricks
Condit-Rory
Diaz-Ellenberger

Nice card. Can't wait.

Tough match up for Hendricks, stylistically. The UFC is doing everything possible to derail Hendricks so GSP doesn't have to fight him.

I feel like if Hendricks loses this it could hurt the division. If Ellenberger wins and Rory wins you have a situation that Rory won't fight GSP and Ellenberger isn't championship material. And if you have Ellenberger win and Condit win then we have already seen Condit lose to GSP and again Ellenberger isn't going to be a champ imo

Pancake Syrup - I feel like if Hendricks loses this it could hurt the division. If Ellenberger wins and Rory wins you have a situation that Rory won't fight GSP and Ellenberger isn't championship material. And if you have Ellenberger win and Condit win then we have already seen Condit lose to GSP and again Ellenberger isn't going to be a champ imo

maybe a plan to get gsp to move to mw. no more "i still need to fight this guy" bs if hendricks is gone. 

Scarred -
Slap Maxwell - Great match up. Can't wait, great fights headlining that one.

Diaz and GSP
Condit and Rory

Should be

GSP-Hendricks
Condit-Rory
Diaz-Ellenberger

This.

Diaz doesn't deserve the GSP fight at all. It's a joke he's fighting GSP over Hendricks. Phone Post

Pancake Syrup - I feel like if Hendricks loses this it could hurt the division. If Ellenberger wins and Rory wins you have a situation that Rory won't fight GSP and Ellenberger isn't championship material. And if you have Ellenberger win and Condit win then we have already seen Condit lose to GSP and again Ellenberger isn't going to be a champ imo

I agree that if Hendricks loses then the title shot lineup will be weird..

The only thing that I can think of is if Ellenberger wins, let him face the winner of Condit/Rory, and then that person will get a title shot (or if GSP does happen to vacate the title as some are speculating, then make Ellenberger vs Rory/Condit winner for the title maybe?)

I know that leaves a few out of the top few spots (Fitch, Kampmann, etc.) but it's just an idea..

Hendricks comes out of retirement to fight ellenberger!!!

War juggernaut!! Phone Post

Just goes to show what a warrior Hendricks is. I know Hendricks is really hoping Diaz gets injured or no shows some press conferences. It would be interesting to see Hendricks fight GSP as a replacement since I think it would benefit Hendricks a lot. GSP wouldn't have that big training camp to develop a perfect gameplan.