Jake Paul Set To Face Hasim Rahman Jr

standing up on the turnbuckle like u just won the title after a sparring match is dicky IMO and trying to show Rahman up

i did too

Rahman clearly was not going all out and I still thought he did well

Wow. An athlete with some bravado.

LOOK OUT!

First time in history!

in sparring ?

Rahman was clearly letting Jake work.

1 Like

Yes.

A million athletes have shown off a million times in practice. It is what it is.

Itā€™s fine if you hate the guy, but donā€™t pretend to hold him to some made up standard that you think he needs to uphold.

He is not the first or last person to have fun with an athletic career. No need to get upset over the guy, he hasnā€™t hurt anyone except a few opponents.

And his level of competition is no different than any number of big time boxers when they started out but I donā€™t see people shitting on their early days. Not Jakeā€™s fault he started boxing when already famous. That doesnā€™t mean he has to instantly fight guys with way more experience to make people like you happy.

only person ive ever seen do that in sparring was Charlie Z and Ive seen a lot of sparring

2 Likes

I just know being in Philly boxing gyms I have seen really good boxers let guys they know that arenā€™t on par move and feel it out. The rule is you hit as hard as you want to be hit. Sometimes the newbies go a little hard and get sparked out. Other times as they improve so does the intensity of future sparrings. I have a hard time believing Rahman was brought in to make Jake a punching bag at that moment.

In bjj/grappling its ā€œflowā€ rolling. Enough resistance without giving a full out ass whooping. Iā€™ve been lucky to have more experience guys do that with me when I started out and make sure to return the favor to new guys.

3 Likes

I am an empty soul