That’s according to MMA journalist Ariel Helwani, who claimed that the fight is a “done deal” and will be happening on February 25.
Helwani has not confirmed if the fight will be in the United Kingdom – which is what Jake was offering previously – or in Saudi Arabia as has been previously rumored.
Mystery Tommy issue coming in 3, 2, 1…
and to think i thought Woodley was gonna rematch
This would be just sad.
Chuck got KOed by Tito…
Natives are getting Rustless
Will believe it once they are actually in the ring throwing punches at each other.
Being a pikey it wouldn’t surprise me to see Tommy deliberately fall down to ground walking to the ring. Then claim he has broken his spine in 400 places and that’s why he couldn’t get back up and fight Jake that night.
Saying that this is a fight I’m legit curious to see the outcome of.
John Fury has firmly laid out the expectations for when his youngest son shares the ring with YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul.
Should all go well, Paul will continue his boxing career in 2023 with his first bout against a recognized professional pugilist. Of course, given the matchup’s history, everything going according to plan may be easier said than done.
“The Problem Child” has been booked against Fury on two occasions. The first, in December 2021, fell through just weeks before the event, with “TNT” citing a broken rib and chest infection as the reasons behind his withdrawal.
Eight months later, the pair were scheduled for an another attempt at throwing down inside the ring. This time, the Brit pulled out after being denied access to the United States owing to his connection to alleged organized crime boss Daniel Kinahan.
Paul better put a back up or two in place and lock them down now to save the date.
Chatter of a potential superfight between boxing heavyweight champion Fury and former UFC heavyweight champ Ngannou long has been brewing. However, with the announcement of Ngannou’s free agency, talk has picked up and even from Fury, who publicly challenged Ngannou on Sunday.
Sonnen, a former UFC title challenger and retired MMA star, found Fury’s recent offer to Ngannou of a mixed rules bout ridiculous and completely blasted the idea.
“I see Tyson Fury come out over the weekend and finally clear up first what we’re going to do first with Francis,” Sonnen said on his YouTube channel. “They’ve always said they’re going to make up a sport. These two were going to do a game, but they were going to do something combat related. For reasons unknown, they weren’t going to box. Francis offered to box, and for reasons unknown, Tyson did not accept that invitation, and they were going to make up rules.
“Tyson finally laid out for us what they are. They were going to fight in a cage. I have no idea why. They’re going to fight in a cage. OK, fine. They’re going to wear four-once gloves. I have no idea why, but OK, fine. They are then going to follow boxing rules, the rules of Queensbury. …
“I put this out there because of how disappointing it is to see these boxers as beggers. Guys that are hot to fight to go out there and get it on your own, that have physical capabilities that other men can only dream of. But they don’t know how to go out there and get it on their own. They just don’t know how. I bring it to you because to watch Tyson Fury beg, it was surprising. I don’t want to call it disappointing. It was really close to calling it that, but I don’t want to call it that. So Tyson comes to us with perhaps the dumbest idea in sports history, perhaps. He knows it is.”
Thank god it’s gonna happen. I think Jake is gonna get it done. Paul by decision