Jake Shields' Diet

haha just send nick diaz a message talking shit and hell probably respond immediately, then be like jk i just wanted to talk to shields lol.

solidsnake - TTT for Shields and answers!

As cheesy as it sounds, I bought one of those Jack LaLanne Juicers and have been "juicing' for a month.

You drink 2 servings a day and throw in a sweet potato and some almonds and walnuts in during the day to keep your metabolism up. I still eat meat, so a piece of fish or chicken for protein.

Juice serving 1:

1 whole grapefruit

1 whole apple

1 whole orange or banana

1/2 pomegranate

Juice serving 2:

2 carrot sticks

1 big celery stick

1 whole tomato

broccoli or spinach

I've been able to buy about a week's worth of juicing items for around $26 per week.

The goal is to get 4 fruits and vegetables in you each day.

This will make you feel like a spring chicken for sure minus all of the salt, sugar and other additives you get from processed junk.

(does 13 consecutive back flips into a cartwheel while writing this post)

F'n sold, subcribed, whatever. 

6 months sprawl training and Jack LaLanne could be a potential force in the light weight division with his 1950's/Diego Sanchez stick and move boxing style

shields was kind of like rambo 1 before he used to be kind of swole but puffy but now shields is more like rambo 2 all cut up and shit. shields is more shredded than a julian salad mane.

solidsnake - TTT for Shields and answers!

As cheesy as it sounds, I bought one of those Jack LaLanne Juicers and have been "juicing' for a month.

You drink 2 servings a day and throw in a sweet potato and some almonds and walnuts in during the day to keep your metabolism up. I still eat meat, so a piece of fish or chicken for protein.

Juice serving 1:

1 whole grapefruit
1 whole apple
1 whole orange or banana
1/2 pomegranate

Juice serving 2:

2 carrot sticks
1 big celery stick
1 whole tomato
broccoli or spinach

I've been able to buy about a week's worth of juicing items for around $26 per week.

The goal is to get 4 fruits and vegetables in you each day.

This will make you feel like a spring chicken for sure minus all of the salt, sugar and other additives you get from processed junk.

(does 13 consecutive back flips into a cartwheel while writing this post)

Not a big veggie eater. Going to give this a try for sure. Thanks!

His Diet is like his fighting style... BORING!!!!!!!!!!

solidsnake - 

I've been considering one of those lately. How is it to clean? We had a juicer in the 80s that was a bitch to clean the little screen on, had to scrub that thing forever to get it reasonably clean.

Let me know how it goes for you and same here, I can't eat raw vegetables of any kind whole. Ever try eating a whole grapefruit? It's bullshit and you look like an idiot with stuff on you / all over the place.

I just make 2 of each shake and have them in the fridge for the next 2 days. Then just slam the fruit one in the morning and the vegetable one later in the day. It kind of make you want to eat healthier in between shakes too.

Leghound, Cleaning is kind of a pain in the ass. After making 4 servings like I explained above, it separates into 3 parts where you have to wash all of the seeds out. It comes out pretty quickly after running the sink and just using your fingers.

I recommend it for people who have a hard time eating raw fruits and vegetables. It takes me about 40 minutes to cut all the items, juice them, then clean. Still not bad considering it lasts me 2 days and 4 meals.

and you can rotate your 4 fruits and vegetables each week. Just buy what on sale as long as you get 4 of each. Only buy a week's worth so you don't throw away food and during the last 2 days you might get creative and use up whatever's leftover.

You can buy loads of celery and carrots for damn cheap. Some stuff may be on sale for seasonal reasons. Michigan pisses me off because tomatoes are so damn expensive, but you can buy apples for next to nothing.

ttt

Additional information on juicing can be found in your local gym next to a bucket of hand chalk, youtube and your local library. Notable Juicers include Oran Juice Jones and Juice'in Thunder Liger. (See file photos below)

lol (well lis) at Juice'in Thunder Liger

thought for sure this was gonna be something about Jungle smoothies or some shit.

i dont own a smoothie king, nor do i engage in their marketing that they are healthy

that is seth's job....

i make my own smoothies at home with my magic bullett for the most part.

however the smoothie king holiday flavors are delicious!!

dayum.
shoulda known better

Vita Mix > Juice Tiger. Well worth the money IMO, especially if you can't eat raw veggies. Personally, I love spinach and broccoli but I know everyone is different!

ttt

I have asked in here repeatedly about "what fighters eat?" and have ALWAYS gotten a bunch of responses from a bunch of comedian wantabes. I would love to keep this thread going so as to enlighten alot of us to how they (fighters) eat and what they eat and how much they eat....etc. What's their "juices" (content) and what else do they drink????

Thanks guys!!

skooter - I have asked in here repeatedly about "what fighters eat?" and have ALWAYS gotten a bunch of responses from a bunch of comedian wantabes. I would love to keep this thread going so as to enlighten alot of us to how they (fighters) eat and what they eat and how much they eat....etc. What's their "juices" (content) and what else do they drink????

Thanks guys!!

Mac Danzig is a vegan. He is an advocate for it as well.

Here is a big write-up by him on how he eats properly for training
http://www.mikemahler.com/articles/macdanzig.html

Great post Onion, thank you.