James Toney's trainer, Come on UFC?

FWIW, I think this reflects more on Toney than the UFC. They did not assign him a trainer; this is who he picked.

I read that n' I think that he was complaining about the sub-par training partners/coaches that Toney has... not that fact that Toney is in the UFC.

I'd agree with Brian with that fact too, but then again Toney just surrounds himself with "YES" men, and not really quality training from what I've heard n' seen.

a lot of jealousy going on there Brian, when has greg jackson fought pro?

Toney will bring a lot of buys from boxing fans and a number of them will become mma fans.

Quit acting like a whinny little bitch.

Mr. Unbreakable has never seemed so upset?!

Sherman isn't allowed to learn?

So he was shown some moves/techniques 8 years ago.

Everybody has to learn sometime.

Bro, seriously, you'll never be happy if you think like that. I have been a corner in the UFC, but i wanted to corner for a title fight. So i cornered a title fight, but it was a loss, and i wanted to corner a fighter through a title victory. I also want to be a fighter myself. Blah blah blah.

Point is, even if you had done those things, you'd still be worked up. Believe me, i've been there. If you love the sport, be at peace with where you are and work hard. Not everyone makes it. I didn't. That's ok though.

-doug-

Quick someone hook up the hose, we need to flush the sand out of his vagina stat.

If its true you showed him the basics 8 years ago, isn't the point that it was EIGHT YEARS AGO

Careers have started and finished in that time. Maybe he is a great trainer now....

o shit. takes bong rip and kicks feet up

James Toney was a world champion in boxing. Were you ever a world champion in anything?

PoundforPound - James Toney was a world champion in boxing. Were you ever a world champion in anything?

ouch!

lol@ mr fragile.

You shoulda quit a loooonngg time ago bud. Its obvious this sport is not for you. I'm not one too fighter bash but it seems that every fight you've had with an opponent that is just ,(I mean literally only just!) above the rank of tomato soup can....you have lost in quick and dominant fashion.

Stick to cornering......your lofty ambition of cornering someone in the UFC may come true.........way to set your goals high buddy...

¬_¬

jensapw - Quick someone hook up the hose, we need to flush the sand out of his vagina stat.
VTFD

if you goin away, just go away-MM

I think you guys are taking Brian the wrong way.He's talking about Toney's trainers credentials and his ability to train a guy like Toney in his first MMA fight against someone like Randy Couture.

Brian Warren is a good guy who was just venting his opinion just like how all of you do too, so cut him some slack, we all have our demons we deal with ........

Mr.Unbreakable -  

I can't take no more, This is crazy. I am so glad I am making an exit out of this sport now. I was an assistant to Eddy Millis from the Shark Tank eight years ago when I met Toney's so called head trainer (Trever Sherman) This is so sad that the UFC has come to this. I was showing this guy Trever Sherman basic moves eight years ago. I've fought some of the best fighters in the world & have never been close to the UFC cage. only been to a few shows because I bought my own ticket. I started fighting because I had a dream of fighting in the UFC thirteen years ago. That dream has never come true for me. I've even trained some guys that are now in the UFC. I've never had the pleasure to even corner a fighter in the UFC. Then I see this guy (Sherman) as a head trainer to a guy (Toney) that does not even have one MMA fight under his belt,  fighting someone like Randy. This is so terrible, That I had to get out of my bed & type this right now. It burns me up. Oh well, maybe this is really what MMA has come to & I was right on making an exit out of the sport of which I loved at one time. I still can't believe this, It just goes to show you that people can B.S. their way into anything. How does something like this slip through under the radar? If Randy somehow does not win this fight I will never watch the UFC again. Brian Warren 
This is the wrong attitude Mr Unbreakable. You are clearly letting the luck of someone you feel is under you turn you into a hater, or atleast thats how it seems to me. Unlike some of these other posters I am not bashing your 13-15 record because I know you are a tough fighter who's been taking hard fights for years and you could have easily fought in the UFC. 

You said you worked with this guy "8 years ago" on some basic stuff. Maybe he took that basic stuff and worked hard to become somebody as a coach or trainer. Why would you throw what sounds like an ex student under the bus? Thats not cool, I figured you were better than that. 

Btw, lol @ getting out. When are you fighting again

Does this mean we're spared anymore of your "This is why I should be in the UFC in spite of my sub .500 record" threads?

Feelz Good - 
nobones - 
Mr.Unbreakable -  
 I can't take no more, This is crazy. I am so glad I am making an exit out of this sport now. I was an assistant to Eddy Millis from the Shark Tank eight years ago when I met Toney's so called head trainer (Trever Sherman) This is so sad that the UFC has come to this. I was showing this guy Trever Sherman basic moves eight years ago. I've fought some of the best fighters in the world & have never been close to the UFC cage. only been to a few shows because I bought my own ticket. I started fighting because I had a dream of fighting in the UFC thirteen years ago. That dream has never come true for me. I've even trained some guys that are now in the UFC. I've never had the pleasure to even corner a fighter in the UFC. Then I see this guy (Sherman) as a head trainer to a guy (Toney) that does not even have one MMA fight under his belt,  fighting someone like Randy. This is so terrible, That I had to get out of my bed & type this right now. It burns me up. Oh well, maybe this is really what MMA has come to & I was right on making an exit out of the sport of which I loved at one time. I still can't believe this, It just goes to show you that people can B.S. their way into anything. How does something like this slip through under the radar? If Randy somehow does not win this fight I will never watch the UFC again. Brian Warren 

? dude you're 13-15! Why should you be in the UFC? You don't have a single win over anyone notable. You're acting like you deserve something for having a losing record?

For every James Toney, there's 10,000 guys like you. It's called show business for a reason man c'mon. Toney is a boxing HoFer and a current title holder. Kimbo single handedly raised the ratings of TUF to an all-time high. Brock was an NCAA Div 1 champion and brought a huge demographic with him as well.

Ben Rothwell fought for something like 10 years before ever getting in the UFC and wasn't he like an IFL champion? Maybe if you keep trying you'll get a spot on a future season of TUF.
I kind of agree with this guy, but come one....he's fought some tough guys.  Don't hate.

I just think it's ironic that "Mr. Unbreakable" seems to have had his spirit broken.

Didn't even come across as hate to me, nobones stated the plain truth as fact and didn't make any sort of comments about it. Damn good post nobones