James Vick retires

knockoutfighter -
MojoSoDope -

He is on my list of maybe 3 fighters that I actually enjoyed watching lose. I normally get bummed watching someone get KOed but vick was somehow able to talk that feeling out of me. I couldn't stand anything about him. 

Be honest, it’s because of Lloyd Irvin...

That is one of the reasons I enjoy watching him slowly get cte/brain damage. 

1 Like

I Commentated the fight. Those shots were bad

Thai Dye -

https://youtu.be/yWBtTLgcrw8

He offered nothing for that entire minute....ref should’ve stepped in earlier imo.

WaltJ -

Can’t say I was ever really a huge fan but respect to anyone who steps in there and respect to him for not making any excuses upon his retirement.  To even come near top ten in that division is an achievement in itself.

THIS.

Everyone in here saying they "enjoyed watching him slowly get cte/brain damage" may need a little life perspective. 

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - 
WaltJ -

Can’t say I was ever really a huge fan but respect to anyone who steps in there and respect to him for not making any excuses upon his retirement.  To even come near top ten in that division is an achievement in itself.

THIS.

Everyone in here saying they "enjoyed watching him slowly get cte/brain damage" may need a little life perspective. 

I have that perspective and don’t feel bad for him going out like this one bit.

I respect him as a fighter but that’s where it ends.

1 Like

I understand that professional athletes, especially combat ones, are not going to be upstanding citizens.  Many times they come from broken homes and rough upbringings.  

You're supposed to separate that and appreciate them for what they are, but all that stuff with Lloyd Irvin, like the years of bad stuff, knowing about it and continuing being in that environment is not cool and is a reflection on his personality about what is and what is not important to him. 

In summary, 

Matt Serra

1 Like
phatcat -

Glad he is retiring. Never liked him as a fighter or person because of the shit he talked. He lost the passion once he started getting his ass handed to him. Glad he realized he is not going to make it as a fighter and decided family first. When I pull up at the drive thru will be sure to give him a $5 Spot.  

You’re a fucking pussy

2 Likes
Ministry of Truth -
WaltJ -

THIS.

That’s fine and there are fighters that I enjoy watching lose as well. But for a person to say they enjoy watching someone’s brain get turned into a slushie (particularly someone they don’t know) is a pretty sub-human way of thinking.

Lloyd is a piece of shit. Vick wasn’t much better and I’ve never liked him myself either. But one person being a POS doesn’t give another person some imaginary moral immunity; it only lowers that person to the level of the person they are shitting on.

It’s called character.

1 Like
LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye -
phatcat -

Glad he is retiring. Never liked him as a fighter or person because of the shit he talked. He lost the passion once he started getting his ass handed to him. Glad he realized he is not going to make it as a fighter and decided family first. When I pull up at the drive thru will be sure to give him a $5 Spot.  

You’re a fucking pussy

Ok tough guy

1 Like

BringBackHeadbutts - 

I understand that professional athletes, especially combat ones, are not going to be upstanding citizens.  Many times they come from broken homes and rough upbringings.  

You're supposed to separate that and appreciate them for what they are, but all that stuff with Lloyd Irvin, like the years of bad stuff, knowing about it and continuing being in that environment is not cool and is a reflection on his personality about what is and what is not important to him. 

In summary, 

Matt Serra

This is how I feel.

1 Like
Ministry of Truth -
WaltJ -

THIS.

That’s fine and there are fighters that I enjoy watching lose as well. But for a person to say they enjoy watching someone’s brain get turned into a slushie (particularly someone they don’t know) is a pretty sub-human way of thinking.

Lloyd is a piece of shit. Vick wasn’t much better and I’ve never liked him myself either. But one person being a POS doesn’t give another person some imaginary moral immunity; it only lowers that person to the level of the person they are shitting on.

It’s called character.

I’m not sure if you responded to the wrong person, but if you are actually responding to me, you might want to actually read what I wrote again.

Ministry of Truth -
Ministry of Truth -
WaltJ -

THIS.

It’s called character.

I’m not sure if you responded to the wrong person, but if you are actually responding to me, you might want to actually read what I wrote again.

No I meant to respond to you, but my statement wasn’t aimed at you, you weren’t being disrespectful and you have the same perspective on the situation that I do.

Respect him as a fighter, but don’t feel bad for him; he made those choices that led him to where he is.

My only point was the ppl in here that were saying they enjoyed watching him get brain damage…it honestly surprises me that there are ppl so sheltered that they can’t see what is wrong with that way of thinking.

Makes me wonder how that person will react when they have to face some sort of real life adversity, or have to actually deal with someone they don’t like out in the real world.

Really comes off as a little narcissistic.

Sry I didn’t make it clear that I wasn’t addressing you there buddy, wasn’t my intent to lump you in with the few turds in here with that mind frame.

Ministry of Truth -
Ministry of Truth -
WaltJ -

THIS.

It’s called character.

No I meant to respond to you, but my statement wasn’t aimed at you, you weren’t being disrespectful and you have the same perspective on the situation that I do.

Respect him as a fighter, but don’t feel bad for him; he made those choices that led him to where he is.

My only point was the ppl in here that were saying they enjoyed watching him get brain damage…it honestly surprises me that there are ppl so sheltered that they can’t see what is wrong with that way of thinking.

Makes me wonder how that person will react when they have to face some sort of real life adversity, or have to actually deal with someone they don’t like out in the real world.

Sry I didn’t make it clear that I wasn’t addressing you there buddy, wasn’t my intent to lump you in with the few turds in here with that mind frame.

Cool, no worries.

Yeah, Vick might be shitty for standing by Lloyd, but he isn’t Lloyd.

I’m fine with molesters, rapists, and the like paying dearly for their bad deeds, but simply being friends with them doesn’t put you on the same level, albeit it’s not a good look. Those wishing serious long term health implications on Vick seems misdirected to say the least.

Had to throw in “I’m too tough” for my own good.

Ministry of Truth -
Ministry of Truth -
Ministry of Truth -
WaltJ -

THIS.

It’s called character.

Cool, no worries.

I’m fine with molesters, rapists, and the like paying dearly for their bad deeds, but simply being friends with them doesn’t put you on the same level, albeit it’s not a good look. Those wishing serious long term health implications on Vick seems misdirected to say the least.

Don’t forget though, that Llimp Lloyd isn’t just a failed rapist.

That massive thread here about all his scummy deeds made it clear he wasn’t just a “kid who made a mistake”. He was a lifelong fraudster, bully and lowlife. Vick CHOSE to continue to align himself with that.

Loiosh - 
Ministry of Truth -
Ministry of Truth -
Ministry of Truth -
WaltJ -

THIS.

It’s called character.

Cool, no worries.

Don’t forget though, that Llimp Lloyd isn’t just a failed rapist.

That massive thread here about all his scummy deeds made it clear he wasn’t just a “kid who made a mistake”. He was a lifelong fraudster, bully and lowlife. Vick CHOSE to continue to align himself with that.

100%.

And he’s not just an abuser and a lowlife. Many of his worst deeds were done through MMA. You can’t separate Lloyd the scumbag from Lloyd the coach. And standing by him says a lot about your character.

MojoSoDope -

He is on my list of maybe 3 fighters that I actually enjoyed watching lose. I normally get bummed watching someone get KOed but vick was somehow able to talk that feeling out of me. I couldn't stand anything about him. 

Same.  Something about his mouth and face was just punchable.  And being desperate to be a giant at 155 is douche behavior.  Loved watching Justin KO him, walk off and say “I take everything personal.”