Jamie Varner has been released by UFC

jkkazmier - I was hoping to get varner vs cerrone III. The first 2 fights were awesome. Oh well.

Why? Cowboy already beat him twice....

nikondaroad - 
jkkazmier - I was hoping to get varner vs cerrone III. The first 2 fights were awesome. Oh well.

Lol a pro fighter with this position? Absolutely ridiculous.

THP - God damn this forum has been brainwashed into hating one of the most exciting LWs out there. Hopefully Varner gets back on his feet. He was dominating Roller until that mistake.

I don't think anybody hates the guy.

But there is too much talent out there to be dropping 3 fights in a row.

(loss, draw, loss, loss).

4 fights without putting together a win is rough.

and to get subbed that quickly. Varner needs to go to lower orgs and get wins, and maybe fight for SF

i wish i woulda saw the last fight

Fuck Varner, he went out like a bitch Filho style, got raped by Cowboy and hasn't won a thing since. What was his quote the first time he lost? He came to fight and got grappled?

If you have ever met Jamie in person, he is a great dude.
It doesn't seem he got the treatment that Cowboy received. After a Cowboy lost, they always set him up with fairly favorable opponents.

After Varner lost to Ben, he got Kamal (undefeated).. he gets robbed in that decision and then jamie handled himself very well.

its easy to like cowboy because of his WWE type promoting and talking smack.
and the end of the day Jamie takes heat because of bandwagon fans

Jamie takes heat because Jamie says ridiculous things after he loses.

In the end, Varner is pretty much in the same career situation as Rob McCullough. They have some name recognition due to stints as WEC LW champ, but they struggle badly against even B-level LWs and are not of much use to a major promotion.

hes w whiner, an excuse maker. and he cant admit he was outclassed.

cumprido1 - Alvarez and Varner would be a great fight.

Alvarez is prob the #1 at that weight.

That makes Aoki......?

I think the top of the LW division is pretty clear, actually:

1. Edgar
2. Melendez
3. Aoki
4. Maynard
5. Alvarez

hody12, Varner spent a lot of time on shelf due to injuries. He lost the title and wanted to be a contender again and a fight with Shalorus was the way to do it.

He then lost a rematch with Cerrone which he claimed was a fight Cerrone didn't deserve. And then he lost a fight to Roller who was coming off a loss. So how were his matchups any less favorable then Cerrone's?

nikondaroad - 

because they were so fun to watch. And technically, they are 1 and 1 but I agree Cerrone was winning until the foul.

Varner has some skills but he needs a vacation. He seemed like he was about to have a nervous breakdown. Hopefully he will come back more relaxed with his head on straight and ready for a run. His skillset seems more UFC-style than most of the WECers...

Very talented dude. I believe competing in lesser organizations will be good for him and good for his game. I think he'll be back.

little surprised by this

he was a great 'villian' & the UFC could have uised him on an UFN card or something

shrugs

Ih8noobs - 
THP - 
nikondaroad - 

Lol a pro fighter with this position? Absolutely ridiculous.

how is this a rediculous statement? i think 90% of the people agree.

Well then 90% of the people need to get their tongues out of Cowboy's white trash asshole and rewatch the fight. Jamie absolutely destroyed Cerrone the first fight. The only damage Jamie took was from an illegal strike and breaking his limbs on Cowboy's punching bag for a head.

Kill your stupidity by watching the fight.

AHAHAHAHAHA

Wasa-B - 
cumprido1 - Alvarez and Varner would be a great fight.

Alvarez is prob the #1 at that weight.

That makes Aoki......?

Still japanese

The first fight with Cerrone was almost two years ago. Since that fight Varner has gone 0-3-1.