Japan testing new large helicopter carrier

????

New Izumo-class carriers to greatly boost Japan’s force projection

Oct 26, 2014

Japan's new Izumo-class helicopter carrier currently undergoing sea trials is expected to be commissioned in 2015. The new carrier will dramatically increase Japan's force projection in the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Japan, raising concern in China

The new Izumo-class helicopter carrier is undergoing extensive sea trials since late September, in preparation of the acceptance of the new carrier by Japan’s Self Defense Forces Navy.

JDS Izumo helicopter carrier is the first of two 30,000 ton (full load) Izumo-class ‘helicopter carrier destroyer’ (DDH) class vessels to be commissioned next year. Unveiled last month at the Yokohama port, south of Tokyo, JS-183 Izumo, is the biggest warship in Japan’s fleet since World War II, has been described by the Chinese media as an “aircraft-carrier in disguise”. Although the is configured with a large flight deck and hangars, designed to accommodate up to 28 helicopters, Izumo does not have catapults or arresting cables nor a ‘ski jump’ curved deck, assisting short take off of conventional aircraft. The Japanese Navy is highlighting the vessels’ ability to quickly respond to emergency or natural disasters.

The construction of the first ship of the class began in 2011 at an IHI Marine United shipyard in Yokohama, at a cost of $1.5 billion (113.9 billion yen). Commissioning of the first of class is currently scheduled for 2015 with the second ship of the class, yet unnamed, to follow in 2017..............

MORE:

http://defense-update.com/20141026_izumo-class-carriers-japan.html?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=feedburner/defenseupdate#.VE21wqPrQfU

RIP Pearl Harbor

The new USS America just commissioned a few weeks ago

'MURICA !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_America_%28LHA-6%29

Japan is telling China don't fuck with us or we will go WWII on your ass. Phone Post 3.0

From the thread title, I was hoping for a flying Japanese aircraft carrier. Preferably one that could combine with other carriers to form a giant robot.

. Phone Post 3.0

There are our allies now. Phone Post 3.0

japan is the lapdog of the US. US uses Japan as an ATM machine.

They are much better off siding with China due to racial and cultural similarities.

Japan will never have their own identity until they become integrated with China/Russia.

EVILYOSHIDA - japan is the lapdog of the US. US uses Japan as an ATM machine.

They are much better off siding with China due to racial and cultural similarities.

Japan will never have their own identity until they become integrated with China/Russia.
Yes- because Japan is very similar to Russia, and have always gotten along with China in the past. Phone Post 3.0

EVILYOSHIDA - japan is the lapdog of the US. US uses Japan as an ATM machine.

Japan recognised the inherent superiority of European culture and overhauled their entire society to become a Western power in Asia.

Meanwhile, China was a backwards feudal craphole where most of the population lived in abject poverty.

bleedblue1 - 

Yes- because Japan is very similar to Russia, and have always gotten along with China in the past. Phone Post 3.0

learn more.

it's more about multi-polarity vs. uni-polarity.

are you for the leviathan or diversity?

They are preparing to battle the Kaiju that are coming after Fukushima.

Squatdog - 
EVILYOSHIDA - japan is the lapdog of the US. US uses Japan as an ATM machine.

Japan recognised the inherent superiority of European culture and overhauled their entire society to become a Western power in Asia.

Meanwhile, China was a backwards feudal craphole where most of the population lived in abject poverty.

Hush.

Don't try to bring reason into an emotional debate...

Squatdog - From the thread title, I was hoping for a flying Japanese aircraft carrier. Preferably one that could combine with other carriers to form a giant robot.

me too. that's what i would have expected from the japanese.

Nisshin Maru #2 IMO.

RIP Sea Shepard Phone Post 3.0

LOL Phone Post 3.0

Mark Antony's hangover -

LOL Phone Post 3.0
X2 Phone Post 3.0

Ridgeback -

The US really, really, really wants to alienate China and Russia when it comes to foreign policy.  I guess the need to sell arms and keep a perpetual war machine in operation outweighs the horrific war crimes carried out by Japanese only a few decades ago.  

We will borrow billions from China..........to build a base in Australia to keep an eye on them because we don't trust them. Failed foreign policy is failed. Phone Post 3.0

I thought there was a red arrow pointing at the tugboat and I couldn't understand why. Phone Post

Samoa -
Ridgeback -

The US really, really, really wants to alienate China and Russia when it comes to foreign policy.  I guess the need to sell arms and keep a perpetual war machine in operation outweighs the horrific war crimes carried out by Japanese only a few decades ago.  

We will borrow billions from China..........to build a base in Australia to keep an eye on them because we don't trust them. Failed foreign policy is failed. Phone Post 3.0
Wat Phone Post 3.0