Jared Leto Joker

I've been reading stuff about Jared Leto being a horrible costar during the filming of Suicide Squad.

Personally, I thought his portrayal of The Joker character was pretty good. He had to follow up Heath Ledger's joker.

I find it kind of amusing that he pissed off all of his costars with his method acting approach. If you really think about it, none of them were supposed to like his character anyways. He probably helped everyone put in a better performance by acting like an unpredictable asshole.

.....and that's exactly what a sociopathic criminal would be like

any examples guvna?

TSMontana - Leto's Joker is okay, but I wish Ryan Gosling would have taken the role, when it was offered to him.
He would have killed it for sure.

HST - I've been reading stuff about Jared Leto being a horrible costar during the filming of Suicide Squad.

Personally, I thought his portrayal of The Joker character was pretty good. He had to follow up Heath Ledger's joker.

I find it kind of amusing that he pissed off all of his costars with his method acting approach. If you really think about it, none of them were supposed to like his character anyways. He probably helped everyone put in a better performance by acting like an unpredictable asshole.

If he wanted to get a better performance out of them, he failed. The movie is trash.

Delinodeshields - any examples guvna?
Unsure if you're asking me Guv but:

-he stayed in the joker character full time, whether cameras were rolling or not
- he sent females of the cast used condoms and live rats
-he sent Will Smith bullets

MarcusAurelioFan -
HST - I've been reading stuff about Jared Leto being a horrible costar during the filming of Suicide Squad.

If he wanted to get a better performance out of them, he failed. The movie is trash.
I enjoyed it, but fair enough. I did think his character was pretty good.

HST -

-he stayed in the joker character full time, whether cameras were rolling or not
haha yeah i was.....thats awesome!

HST -

Heard he sent used anal beads too

HST -
MarcusAurelioFan -

did you watch the directors cut?

Darth Potato -
HST -

Heard he sent used anal beads too

I didn't read about that one, but it falls in line with the other shit.

I liked Leto's Joker. Every version should be vastly  different to the last one and it definitely fit that idea!

The problem was trying to shoe horn him into Suicide Squad for no reason.

They should have just featured him in the Affleck Batman movie.

MarcusAurelioFan -
HST -
MarcusAurelioFan -

did you watch the directors cut?
No I don't think I have.

I appreciate they tried to do something slightly different with the character and although I hated the look at first it did kind of grow on me. We just didn't really see enough of his Joker to really know how good it could have been.

TSMontana - Leto's Joker is okay, but I wish Ryan Gosling would have taken the role, when it was offered to him.

Why would he want it? Nobody was going to be better than Heath so no matter what people were going to say you were shit. Bad position to be in for an actor that has to follow that lead.

David@accu -
TSMontana - Leto's Joker is okay, but I wish Ryan Gosling would have taken the role, when it was offered to him.

Why would he want it? Nobody was going to be better than Heath so no matter what people were going to say you were shit. Bad position to be in for an actor that has to follow that lead.

I don't but that, Heath's character was great but it didn't feel like the Joker to me.

His joker was trash and that movie was awful.

They wrote that Joker so wrong though. He's not supposed to be a mob or gang leader. And he doesn't really care about Harley Quinn like he did in that movie. The real joker never would have gone out of his way to get her back like that

those tattoos are awful too. Not sure what they were thinking with that 

The same people who think Letos joker was good are the same ones who thought Afflecks monotone, murderous and moronic portrayal of Batman was good.  

Letos Joker was reminiscent of a paint by numbers character design. More flash than substance. "Look how craaaaazy I am!!" Type of nonsense.  The only way that could've been overlooked is if the writing of the film were better, but that clearly wasn't the case. 

That whole movie was doo doo, the Joker was the worst part.

Terrible. He acted like some deranged pimp and the look they went with was awful. Incredibly disappointing movie all around.