Jay Hieron will KILL St Pierre

When will Georges get some respect from anybody else than Canadians on this forum? I doubt he will even if he beats Hieron convincingly.

Hieron will obviously be coming in strong from his recent win over Fabio Hollanda but Georges will be bringing a different game to the UFC. And with a small edge in experience, I think he'll beat Hieron.

i wrestled with him at hofstra. great technique, great conditioning.. he's been training submission, and striking for the past few years.

he was one point away from being a division 1 all american... it was actually a bad call by the ref..

TTT

ttt to have this thread haunt you afterwards

it should be an exciting fight. st pierre look great against a very tough karo.

For Jay Heiron to "kill" George St Pierre he would need a gun. As it stands George will wipe the mat with him.

After having seen the highly touted "domination" of Fabio Holanda for what it was (a see-saw battle that Heiron almost lost by arm bar at the bell and never had firmly in his hands) it would surprise me if it even went the full first round.

George has trained at Renzo Gracie's with Jay and has respect for him, so he will not go into this fight blind or ignorant. Fact is that George is too strong and too fast. Better luck next time.

i don't think he's faster than Jay. Jay will is going to have to bring his top game with him to win. It's not going to be an easy fight.

I don't know anything about Hieron and will therefor not comment on him (many around here could learn from this). Anyone who thinks that St. Pierre is an easy fight is full of shit.

st. pierre by gnp

Um...yeah, who is this Hieron guy and what did he do to get in the UFC and more importantly what did he do to make anyone think he'd beat St. Pierre?

According to Sherdog he's 3-0 against 3 guys I've never heard of.

George is 5-0 has wins over some really big names and there aren't many guys around who would "Kill" him....if any.

I once underestimated St. Pierre . . . never again.

NEVER BET AGAINST JHR

Werd, my boy Hieron is gonna represent. he's a bad ass. i think i took him down 2 times out of a 1000 in training even then i think his shoes were untied or something.
i been on this bandwagon for a while so nows the time for the rest of use guys to hop on.

Tell you guys what: You all seem to think Jay doesn't deserve to be in UFC. You were all pumped about Jason fighting Georges (I was too, Mayhem is my boy)so everyone seems to be in agreement that Georges is good. I am calling out all you know it alls. Anyone who wants to bet me on this fight, email me at savbo@optonline.net, put your $ where your mouth is.

This is meant as no disrespect to georges. I think he is excellent, I have trained w/ him at Renzos while he was visiting, he is tough as hell and he trains w/ my buddy Mark Colangelo. If he wasn't fighting Jay, i'd be rooting for him. But everyone is dissing Jay as a nobody who doesn't deserve to be there. Money up if thats how you feel.

"For Jay Heiron to "kill" George St Pierre he would need a gun."

Even if Heiron brought a gun to the cage with him, I would still put my money on Georges.

The thread started as a rather bold statement. Something about St Pierre getting killed by Hieron. Countering those boasts with facts was not difficult. Backing it up will be more difficult for Hieron though I am sure he will try his best.

As to his right to fight in the UFC, it is not like an American Idol audition, more like a roll of the dice. Anyone that can get the chance, great. Go for it. Let us remember that Jay's chance at the UFC is coming at the expence of someone else's problems. It is no indication of superior ability, just opportunity.

What a bunch of tarts on this thread. Hieron even though some of you don't know him deserves a shot in the UFC. He is good and very well rounded, plus he does not cost a lot of money so the UFC likes him.

That being said he will not kill George. It will be interesting to see if George is able to take him to the ground or if this one stays standing. I think Hieron has better standup but it will be close.

George has the advantage of training with a guy who just went three rounds with Hieron so my guess will be George by TKO in rd #3.

St. Pierre will win. He is a monster. Menjivar will win also, I don't thing Serra has the steam. Both will be good fights.

Canada will go 2-0...with a Tim Hortons in one hand and a real beer in the other.

"St. Pierre takes this fight by good old fashioned G+P stoppage 2nd round..."

lol Have you even seen Hieron fight? Even if St Pierre wins ... I seriously doubt it would be from a GnP.

Hieron reminds me of Frank Trigg a little, but I think his submission game (and defense against subs) might be better than Frank's is.

LOL @ Mike Valentine !!!

;)

Matt Serra is the best submission fighter in the light weight division in the world and will win by submission in Rd 1. Pound for pound the best on the ground in MMA today.

And Jay Hieron is going to kick St Pierre ass ive trained with jay and his is a monster and will be the next big thing to hit the ufc.

Andrew Calandrelli - Team Renzo Gracie

If Serra wins(which he won't) it WON'T be by submission. Ivan is the most difficult guy to tap out i've ever seen.