Jay Leno and Joe Rogan

I am a couple of minutes into this and it feels kind of awkward so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MaVFMwWIWA&feature=emb_logo

Nothing too bad, but Leno is always like this. He's never been comfortable or natural being around people, despite being a talk show host. He's good at broadcasting to people, not interacting with them.

GarlicSauce -

Nothing too bad, but Leno is always like this. He's never been comfortable or natural being around people, despite being a talk show host. He's good at broadcasting to people, not interacting with them.

it got a bit better.

It is kind of weird, for as much of a car person as Leno and Rogan obviously are they do not seem to be up to speed on the mechanical stuff. Leno knows some stuff butt Rogan is kind of clueless

1 Like
GarlicSauce -

I think the problem with the show is Jay is a 100% an actual gearhead but he has wealthy and more important famous people on the show. Joe clearly does not know shit about cars and that is why he had to bring someone along to do the talking. Joe is just very wealthy so was able to buy the car and he is famous, so that is hits on the channel for Jay.

I think Jay's show is better when he has people like Tim Allen on who actually know cars hardcore also.

Episodes like this is like Bill Gates trying to interview some super rich guy that just bought a state of the art pre-built PC off of the internet. Sure it is an amazing PC but the owner does not know shit about the computer he owns.

GarlicSauce - 

accurate. jay's at his best when he feels like he's blessing some nobody with a few minutes of fame. his self-satisfied magnanimity brightens the exchanges.

i will say leno’s JRE episode is pretty good and he did seem to finally get in a groove about halfway through talking old comedy store days.

Vindell -
GarlicSauce -

I think the problem with the show is Jay is a 100% an actual gearhead but he has wealthy and more important famous people on the show. Joe clearly does not know shit about cars and that is why he had to bring someone along to do the talking. Joe is just very wealthy so was able to buy the car and he is famous, so that is hits on the channel for Jay.

I think Jay's show is better when he has people like Tim Allen on who actually know cars hardcore also.

Episodes like this is like Bill Gates trying to interview some super rich guy that just bought a state of the art pre-built PC off of the internet. Sure it is an amazing PC but the owner does not know shit about the computer he owns.

Every summer there are a bunch of car events in the Detroit area. The largest is the Woodwood Dream Cruise, the largest one day car event in the world. However the entire week before the event is filled with events and such.

One of the events that happens closes down Woodward for drag races.

Leno and Tim Allen decided to drag race

![](upload://hLyeKilbySckfK0sEhjxmO0oGZd.jpeg)

![](upload://AhiYzly2SHDUsQgg8dCrZDdJTlk.jpeg)

![](upload://3qfp8jDQTni8mEXHjR3RQq3FW1U.jpeg)

Passive Jay -
Vindell -
GarlicSauce -

Every summer there are a bunch of car events in the Detroit area. The largest is the Woodwood Dream Cruise, the largest one day car event in the world. However the entire week before the event is filled with events and such.

Did Allen lose by a hair the way he used to lose to Bob Vila on Home Improvement?

Leno towers over Joe. Leno’s hands makes Joe’s seem childish…

Leno in 1, buy hulk smash.

That was kinda entertaing, but they both seemed a little stiff.

GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -
Passive Jay -
Vindell -
GarlicSauce -

Did Allen lose by a hair the way he used to lose to Bob Vila on Home Improvement?

Fuck that snitch 

Passive Jay -
GarlicSauce -

it got a bit better.

It is kind of weird, for as much of a car person as Leno and Rogan obviously are they do not seem to be up to speed on the mechanical stuff. Leno knows some stuff butt Rogan is kind of clueless

Rogan has never seemed mechanically inclined....

I thought it was a good episode. I'm sure Joe is a bit on edge at first without Steve, thinking like oh shit Jay is gonna ask some question about cars I don't know about so some dork on a MMA forum who can google everything at his fingertips can rip me apart for lack of knowledge, but overall I found it quite informative and I simply like Joe's car.

Whambo -

I thought it was a good episode. I'm sure Joe is a bit on edge at first without Steve, thinking like oh shit Jay is gonna ask some question about cars I don't know about so some dork on a MMA forum who can google everything at his fingertips can rip me apart for lack of knowledge, but overall I found it quite informative and I simply like Joe's car.

not a fan of the wheels but other than that it is a fucking awesome car.