JBJ Debut 13 Years ago Today

2 Likes
1 Like

The beginnings of the GOAT…

He was a beast back here on the New England scene.

I was ringside at the fight where he KO’d Parker Porter (now in UFC) in like 30 seconds.

Correct

I remember watching him early on and saying they should match him against Vladdy that would tell us how good he really is. He destroyed Vladdy, that’s when I realized he was going to be champ for long time

2 Likes

You were ringside for that? I was the matchmaker for that show.

1 Like

Yep. Ringside. And yes, I remember you were the matchmaker. I loved those shows.

One of my boys, Barrington Douse fought Bonnell on that one.

1 Like

Fun fight…can’t remember what happened that allowed Bonnell the extra 30 seconds or so between rounds after Barrington folded him in half with that knee to the body, but I remember there being some sort of Yoel Romero/Tim Kennedy type of controversy with that one.

30 seconds. Closer to 2 minutes. Bonnell didn’t want to continue but I believe Marcus Davis and K-Flo were in his corner forcing him out.

Barrington talks about that fight to this day. Good times.

That card had some awesome fights and fighters for New England back then.

All gone now, like picograms in the rain.

I miss Jon’s throws. I remember he said I have a hundred ways to throw someone.

Not a fan of the guy but his talent can’t be denied.

2 Likes

He hits awoman harder than Pat Barry kicking a speed bag. Wasted talent indeed…

1 Like

Did he hit a woman?

I’m out of the loop.

1 Like

Yeah that the was the fight that did it for me as well

1 Like

For me it was how bad he murdered Bonnar, the throw, the spinning elbow. Less impressive knowing he was all “Geared up” but still impressive

1 Like

We’d have to ask the young children why mommy was bloody and crying at the hotel, but the only thing they requested from the hotel staff at the time was “can you call the police?”

holy historical

Black Lives Matter Quote GIF by INTO ACTION