JBJ: "If Glover was meant to be great at this.....

he would have already been there.”

http://tapnapsnap.com/jon-jones-glover-meant-great-already/

On UFC lightheavyweight champion Jon Jones latest media tour he was very open and candid about how he feels about his opponent Glover Teixeira going into their UFC 172 meeting.

“He can always learn a new move,but at his age, at this point in his career, mind you I’m just starting, I’m just five years into the game. I just started learning how to fight five years ago; Glover’s been doing this since I was in high school. So, if he was meant to be amazing and great at this, he would have already been there, and I believe in this.”

Underground Blog?

oops, look like this text was taken from another article:

Jon Jones doesn't always see 'eye to eye' with the UFC'

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/6/5385744/ufc-172-jon-jones-doesnt-always-see-eye-to-eye-with-the-ufc-glover-teixeira

Sorry for the mishap, UG. Didn't know the original was posted.

Hmm it feels like I read this interview before... Phone Post 3.0

And it's because of comments like this that it's difficult to like this bi-polar dude.

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

And it's because of comments like this that it's difficult to like this bi-polar dude.

Should JBJ send everyone at the Department of Homeland Security a Thank You card for botching Glover's visa papers for all these years?

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

Yeah, he says something I agree with, then comes out with stupid shit.

Has the Gus match, says his thanks for the tough fight. Next day, he says "I definitely won that fight, I don't need a rematch.". Phone Post 3.0

Everyone currently on the UFC roster is great at what they do. That's even a bit of an understatement imo, they are all fucking elite. Also, it would definitely be in Jones favor to show respect for his opponent as he will look normal if he wins, and terrible if he loses , assuming he keeps bad mouthing their abilities.

It's called hyping and selling the fight. No reason to hate on Jones IMO Phone Post 3.0

sockeye - It's called hyping and selling the fight. No reason to hate on Jones IMO Phone Post 3.0

If you hype a fight by putting your opponent's skillset down, you're doing it wrong. Why would fans want to pay to see this?

Now, if he came out and said "Glover's going to be my toughest fight yet because I've never fought a dude like him [insert something the opponent is good at]" then fans can think "hmmm let me tune in".

There's already zero interest in this fight, he's making it worst. And even if he truly believe his comments, he'll make himself look bad in case of an upset or tough fight.

XxLiveBaitxX - 
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

Should JBJ send everyone at the Department of Homeland Security a Thank You card for botching Glover's visa papers for all these years?

I think he overstayed an earlier Visa, which if I recall correctly, precludes you from reapplying for another Visa for a period of years.

InconsiderateSerra - 
XxLiveBaitxX - 
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

I think he overstayed an earlier Visa, which if I recall correctly, precludes you from reapplying for another Visa for a period of years.

Thank you Debbie Downer, lol.

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 
sockeye - It's called hyping and selling the fight. No reason to hate on Jones IMO Phone Post 3.0

If you hype a fight by putting your opponent's skillset down, you're doing it wrong. Why would fans want to pay to see this?

Now, if he came out and said "Glover's going to be my toughest fight yet because I've never fought a dude like him [insert something the opponent is good at]" then fans can think "hmmm let me tune in".

There's already zero interest in this fight, he's making it worst. And even if he truly believe his comments, he'll make himself look bad in case of an upset or tough fight.

LOL, whut?

So talking shit produces no interest in fights? You people are all over the place. My guess is you think Chael is a genius.

ABE FROMAN - 
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

LOL, whut?

So talking shit produces no interest in fights? You people are all over the place. My guess is you think Chael is a genius.

Moron, talking shit produces interest when there seems to be a genuine disdain or when the challenger put the champion down, not the other way around.

If the champion essentially says the dude has no chance, why should I care?

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 
ABE FROMAN - 
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

LOL, whut?

Moron, talking shit produces interest when there seems to be a genuine disdain or when the challenger put the champion down, not the other way around.

If the champion essentially says the dude has no chance, why should I care?

Fuckface, talking shit produces ratings, always has, always will. Just because you don't like Jones doing it only shows Jones is under your skin.

He's going to beat Glover and he's going to do it to the tune of more PPV numbers than your feeble brain can count.

ABE FROMAN - 
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

LOL, whut?

You can see the schtick with Chael though (not that I am endorsing it, it's just coloured with what Americans like in trash talk: flamboyance)

This is just an uniformed statement he thinks is true, like one that 5 seconds after he said it, someone whispered into his ear (Um Jon, he couldn't fight here cause of Visa issues for years and years)

I don't hate Jones like the other do, I just find him to be a person who thinks he has ALOT more life experience and knowledge than he does and tries to use it in his trash talk and he really should just stick to trash talking with his accomplishments and skills. He seems like a guy who, even faced with physical evidence, wouldn't admit he was wrong about something out of ego, and I tend not be fans of a alot of those guys. Still he's fun to watch but I don't root for him for this reason really, his success doesn't feel like something he appreciates.

Jones also said Phil Davis stole the Mauler's heart.

Most of you guys get wound up by what Jones says every week. It's got to be better than a champion who avoids the cameras surely Phone Post 3.0

Cameron0000 - Most of you guys get wound up by what Jones says every week. It's got to be better than a champion who avoids the cameras surely Phone Post 3.0

I don't care most of the time as long it has some basis in fact same with Chael's Brazillian ethnic slurrs, I wish he would leave that stuff out of his schtick.

If a guy can bounce some trash talk off of some facts or some debatable opinion fine, but this is just ignorant and how he doesn't know why it took Glover so long to get to the UFC is just baffling.

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

Seriously. Phone Post 3.0