JBJ last 7 vs DC last 7(opponents), JBJ beat DC's?

duckhuntgangsta - Brother you're putting way to much thought into MMA math. Just put them in a locked cage and see what happens :) Phone Post 3.0

Agreed lol

But we know it's not happening anytime soon. So I can't help but start picking apart this fight from several angles

While agree JBJ has higher quality in his opponents I think DC wins head to head because of styles. Phone Post 3.0

Roy Nelson vs Machida-Advantage Cormier

lol you're high.

AllAmericanBoxing - Lol at having Gustafson at #4 when he beat shogun and gave Jon his toughest fight to date. Son yo priorities be fucked up. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

Vitor is number 5? He put jones in the most danger besides Gustafsson. He almost ripped the fuckin guys arm off. Phone Post 3.0

younger1990 - head to head skill wise i think they have both faced tough opponents, jones has probably faced the higher skilled fighters. That being said, Jones has faced these fighters as the bigger, stronger guy, alot of them are able to make middleweight and the others have never been able to push him around with the exception of gustaffson. Every opponent cormier fought has been a true hw and had the size advantage on him. Im not saying I think that means he will win, but cormier has faced opponents much larger than him his whole career and I think thats something to look at too

Although you didn't do the rankings and advantage of opponents head to head, I am glad you at least gave an honest opinion and explained why.

Good points. 

andyloveshugs - 

lol @ shogun being jon jones toughest opponent. just lol. 

You don't understand.

First list of me ranking 7 opponents vs how they'd do in competition. General competition, against random close ranked opponents.

2nd list I had Shogun at #6, which was a list ranking how the opponents faired against the guy they fought, Shogun vs Jones.

Why are you all scared to give your own rankings breakdown? Seems that way anyway. Like you feel if you give your opinion people will shit on it. It's just an opinion thread, no right or wrong answers.

You could rank 5 of Jones' guys beating 5 of DC's guys, but still feel DC would win against Jones. Nothing wrong with that. You could feel that DC's toughest opponent beats Jones toughest opponent, but Jones beats DC head to head. I'm okay with that.

I just want your guys' opinions.

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - 
rockwell - While agree JBJ has higher quality in his opponents I think DC wins head to head because of styles. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with that.

BobSalvage - When I saw Gus as 4th toughest fight for bones I quit reading Phone Post 3.0
Likewise Phone Post 3.0

This is difficult to do on phone but I'll try because you want a legit response

My rankings (in terms of skill around the time they fought them, not in terms of fight result)
Jones
1. Alex
2. Machida
3. Rashad
4. Shogun
5.Vitor Belfort
6.Rampage
7.Chael

Daniel Cormier
1.Josh Barnett
2.Frank Mir
3.Bigfoot
4.Nelson
5.Jeff Monson
6.Patrick Cummins
7.Dion Staring

Staring/Chael-Advantage Jones, Chael probably wins
Rampage/Cummins-Advantage Jones, Rampage then was in decent shape compared to current Rampage. Current Rampage might lose.
Vitor vs Monson-Advantage Jones, Vitor crushes Monson
Nelson/Shogun: Advantage Jones, Shogun might not melt Nelson like he does to other guys but if he's not injured(and I don't think Shogun was injured vs Jones?)Then he easily decisions Nelson
Bigfoot/Rashad: I wanna say pick em cuz Shad's one of my favorites, but I think Bigfoot is just too big for him. I might be wrong, but I doubt it. Thus, Advantage Cormier
Mir/Machida: advantage Jones, Machida absolutely molly whops the Mir that fought Cormier
Barnett/Alex: Ugh... I'll say Alex wins. I think he's too fast and too rangy to let Barnett bully him into the cage or take him down. Tough fight for both men. Advantage Jones

I dunno if I did this right, but there ya go. Best I've got. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome stuff GriffinQ. Voted u up before I even read b/c I knew you put in effort. I like how you did it on a new angle, "at the time they faced Jones/Cormier".

Who do you have in DC vs Jones head to head?

Nonsense all this is nonsense Phone Post 3.0

D241 -

Awesome stuff GriffinQ. Voted u up before I even read b/c I knew you put in effort. I like how you did it on a new angle, "at the time they faced Jones/Cormier".

One of the toughest fights to pick in recent memory. Jon's length/use of range and kickboxing abilities, coupled with his submission abilities and devastating top game, vs Cormier's boxing(he has a kicking game as well, it's just not used as much), his faster hand speed and greater power, and his incredible wrestling. And there's also the fact that Cormier, despite looking great in MMA so far, is not a young man athletically... He has a lot of years on his body from wrestling and fighting. His body/chin could start to betray him over night. We just don't know.

I think I have to say JJ, because I've SEEN him struggle and fight through it. I know Cormier is a tough bastard, and a marvelous athlete, but I haven't seen him struggle, and so when the going gets tough, and he gets sucked into a war, I dunno how he'll do.

If you'd asked me this before JJ fought Alex, I would have said Cormier easy. But I think JJ is one of those guys who just has this ability to elevate himself DURING a fight when he's pushed. Not many guys can do that. I think DC can push Jones, and I think it will force Jones to finish him or risk being finished himself. Phone Post 3.0

GriffinQ - 
D241 -

One of the toughest fights to pick in recent memory. Jon's length/use of range and kickboxing abilities, coupled with his submission abilities and devastating top game, vs Cormier's boxing(he has a kicking game as well, it's just not used as much), his faster hand speed and greater power, and his incredible wrestling. And there's also the fact that Cormier, despite looking great in MMA so far, is not a young man athletically... He has a lot of years on his body from wrestling and fighting. His body/chin could start to betray him over night. We just don't know.

I think I have to say JJ, because I've SEEN him struggle and fight through it. I know Cormier is a tough bastard, and a marvelous athlete, but I haven't seen him struggle, and so when the going gets tough, and he gets sucked into a war, I dunno how he'll do.

If you'd asked me this before JJ fought Alex, I would have said Cormier easy. But I think JJ is one of those guys who just has this ability to elevate himself DURING a fight when he's pushed. Not many guys can do that. I think DC can push Jones, and I think it will force Jones to finish him or risk being finished himself. Phone Post 3.0

Outstanding post GriffinQ. Some great points in your post.   What stood out to me the most as points I hadn't thought about much, is Cormier's age and past battles, and Jones battle tested vs DC not being battle tested.

Matter of fact I haven't committed to who I think would win, I was thinking DC would have an edge b/c he truly believes his wrestilng is better than Jones, and he's already beat tough big HW's, but Jones ain't no bitch as exhibited with his fight with Aleks. If Jones wins, I think it will be based on exactly what you pointed out. He will withstand punishment, maybe be on his back and give up his back, but he won't give up, DC will tire, and Jones would capitolize. 

Of course I reserve the right to go back to picking DC, but through all the shit comments judging instead of participating, you've made this thread worth it with that last post.

Thanks, good stuff.