JBJ most hated man.... ABSURD

Between Dana White and trigger happy MMA fans... people are actually asking whether Jon Bones Jones is the most hated man in MMA history?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

JBJ has become the face of the UFC in the most unconventional of ways... young, inexperienced and totally dominant. In the cage he has delivered in every way conceivable... taking out 3 past LHW champions along the way as well as amassing a plethora of exciting and dominant victory.

People apparently take issue with Jon's "personality", claiming a "fakeness" that makes MMA fans want to root against him. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it HAS NO BEARING once the cage doors close.

I respect all fighters, some I like more than others; some styles bore me and some fighters are too brash or ignorant for my taste. Once the cage doors close, none of that matters in the slightest.

We are bringing down the face of our sport because Chael Sonnen tried to weasel his way into another title fight?

Give me a fucking break.

I thought the most hated line was silly too. Maybe on the ug lol Phone Post

Insecure 30 year old virgins living in their parent's basement will be insecure 30 year old virgins living in their parent's basement.  Is anyone honestly surprised that most UGers hate Jones for being young and successful?

Herring In A Fur Coat - "Everyone is entitled to their opinion"

Exactly.

Why do you care so much if people hate Jones?

Honestly, when it is negative for the sport. ESPN rarely spotlights MMA but this week they did a section on Jon Bones Jones "backing" out of a fight and they made him a scapegoat. That casts a negative light on one of the premier faces of our sport for no reason at all.

People can hate Jones, but I think a level of respect should be accorded to our champions at the very least! Hate him or love him... he's an amazing fighter. Why take away from the product because you have "mixed feelings" about him as a person?

i remember halloween -  Insecure 30 year old virgins living in their parent's basement will be insecure 30 year old virgins living in their parent's basement.  Is anyone honestly surprised that most UGers hate Jones for being young and successful?

Not at all. What sucks is Dana completely threw Bones under the bus as well so ESPN picked up on it and made Bones a scapegoat for "backing" out of a fight. Ludicrous.

i remember halloween -  Insecure 30 year old virgins living in their parent's basement will be insecure 30 year old virgins living in their parent's basement.  Is anyone honestly surprised that most UGers hate Jones for being young and successful?

Lol at you I'd that's why you think people dislike him Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge -
i remember halloween -  Insecure 30 year old virgins living in their parent's basement will be insecure 30 year old virgins living in their parent's basement.  Is anyone honestly surprised that most UGers hate Jones for being young and successful?

Lol at you I'd that's why you think people dislike him Phone Post

*If

Stupid I phone Phone Post

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
HaitisfinestMMA - 

Exactly.

Honestly, when it is negative for the sport. ESPN rarely spotlights MMA but this week they did a section on Jon Bones Jones "backing" out of a fight and they made him a scapegoat. That casts a negative light on one of the premier faces of our sport for no reason at all.

People can hate Jones, but I think a level of respect should be accorded to our champions at the very least! Hate him or love him... he's an amazing fighter. Why take away from the product because you have "mixed feelings" about him as a person?

It's not for "no reason at all". There is a clear reason. Jones robbed fans of a UFC event. He was not the only one responsible but a large part of the blame lay on him and justly so.

I don't have "mixed feelings" about him as a person. I can't stand the dude, nothing mixed about it, can't wait to see him lose. I'll still pay to watch him fight as he's a great fighter. What do you care if I love him or hate him?

I have no problem with you hating JBJ; at the same time you're not an ESPN anchor, or Dana White who represents a billion dollar company. MMA is still growing and trying to make the mainstream transition, especially now. Throwing Bones under the bus because Dan Henderson sat on an injury for 2 weeks?? PLEASE. JBJ could have taken a Chael on 8 days notice, but for a title fight it was a complete LOSE LOSE for him. In my opinion, as champion you have FINALLY earned the right (like so many champions before him) to fight at 100% and not have to succumb to the pressure of "saving" a card because Dana and Joe Silva were sandbagged by Hendo 8 days before the fight.

BTW, do you believe Chael should have gotten that immediate title shot? That bugged me a lot.

WhiskyJars - bones acts like a child .

then gets mad people dont treat him like a man

boo hoo bones your character is garbage

He doesn't fight like a child. lol

Seriously though, ultimately why does his "character" or personality matter? He's not short changing us in the ring, he's always exciting and we all want to pay for his ppv.
Do you understand how many "questionable" characters we have in MMA? Think about all the shit we will NEVER know. Relatively speaking I bet Bones is pretty tame compared to a lot of other fighters in the sport. It takes a certain type of person to get locked into a cage and fight his way out... I'm willing to bet Bones isn't the worst of them by a LONG shot.

Herring In A Fur Coat -
HaitisfinestMMA - 

Exactly.

It's not for "no reason at all". There is a clear reason. Jones robbed fans of a UFC event. He was not the only one responsible but a large part of the blame lay on him and justly so.

I don't have "mixed feelings" about him as a person. I can't stand the dude, nothing mixed about it, can't wait to see him lose. I'll still pay to watch him fight as he's a great fighter. What do you care if I love him or hate him?

Couldn't have said it any better!
Only Jones won't get my ppv money unless there's others on the card I wanna pay to see. Ie. 152 stann v bisbing, might mouse, etc... Phone Post

Warzone209 - 
Stea1th - Do we really need to list all the reasons? lulz

I'll start.

Says he will never get caught doing a DWI

Crashes bently into pole and arrested for DWI.

Does JBJ have a crystal ball, can he read the future? cmon there are easier more logical reasons to "hate" jbj if you do.  I don't read JBJ's twitter bullshit so i dont know / care I just watch him destroy the best in the world and if u can make shogun tap to strikes your on my must watch list...Dan hit shogun with 5 H-bombs no tap...

Dude, its not like he is Clay Guida and people dislike him for his fighting style.

Everyone agrees he is a bad ass, amazing fighter that has destroyed the best in the division.

Its the reasons you yourself said you choose to ignore that has earned him the dislike of fans.

There are countless instances of him saying one thing and doing another.

That rubs fans the wrong way.

Come to think of it, that sounds just like Mitt Romney