JDS and Overeem cut

Alistair is 4-2 in his last 6 since 2018 and was on a 2 fight win streak. His losses since 2014 are as follows in order of loss; Rothwell, Stipe, Ngannou, Blaydes, Rozenstruik, and finally Volkov. He went 11-6 since that point. Bullshit cut but whatever, we have Derrick Lewis and now Jon Jones along with various other bar brawler types. Yay. 

2 Likes

JDS is on a 4 fight losing streak going back to 2019 and all by (T)KO. Going back to 2018 he's 3-4. So I get the cut for him. One of these things is not like the other. 

2 Likes

Reem vs Barnett in Bellator.

Josh just mentioned on a podcast last night that he regretted never getting to face Reem.

I wanted to see the black beast clap them cheeks. 

2 Likes
Ryann Von Doom -

Alistair is 4-2 in his last 6 since 2018 and was on a 2 fight win streak. His losses since 2014 are as follows in order of loss; Rothwell, Stipe, Ngannou, Blaydes, Rozenstruik, and finally Volkov. He went 11-6 since that point. Bullshit cut but whatever, we have Derrick Lewis and now Jon Jones along with various other bar brawler types. Yay. 

Reem was probably for financial reasons. 400k for a guy who has been stopped by 5 of the top 7 heavyweights is a hefty price.

Ryann Von Doom -

JDS is on a 4 fight losing streak going back to 2019 and all by (T)KO. Going back to 2018 he's 3-4. So I get the cut for him. One of these things is not like the other. 

And somehow Arlovski has outlived them all. Good on him lol.

1 Like
IGotCMSpunked - 
Ryann Von Doom -

And somehow Arlovski has outlived them all. Good on him lol.

Yeah.. In that same time frame with Alistair going back to 2014 He's 9-10-1... Yeah. Makes total sense. I think he's getting his papers too just hasnt leaked yet. 

brody3316 -

Please Overeem go juice and destroy 

That was my first thought. Lol.

I thought Overeem only had one fight left on his contract? 

If he did then that’s pretty disappointing for a guy who brought in a lot of money. He’s still a headliner to me.

1 Like

The Overeem that smashed Brock was a force. Juiced?  Of course but just wow. 

2 Likes

Not sad to see Overeem go. He’s a conservative fighter at this stage, not exciting at all and really expensive

Don’t like seeing Junior go but I hate seeing him lose too. Hope he doesn’t hang on too long and suffer long lasting damage.

2 Likes

Its pretty sad 

At 1st I was like, this is BS, but really Id like to see both in Bellator instead!

JDS to bare knuckle 

dinkledorf -

Overeem was expensive.

I'd like to see both retire but we all know that's not likely.

Overeem will

onepunchJD -

2 more reasons John Jones was stalling to move up.

He could have moved up years ago… gee, I wonder why he didn’t.

We all know Overeem detroyed Jones in training, Hell,. even his bout with DC got postponed.

I guess the UFC starting to feel the financial strain of no live event income perhaps.

Overeems price 400k/fight wasnt longer viable. But he is a legend and surely deserved that pay imo!

However he would need to go down to atleast 100-200k maximum now.

UFC just crunched the numbers and decided Overeem wasnt worth it anymore.

Overeem is probably my favorite fighter that was on the roster, and it’s sad to see him get cut. However that reem I grew up watching wasn’t the same anymore. He wasn’t aggressive and I felt he was very reactive to fight. I don’t blame the UFC, he got paid a lot and didn’t really put on the performance to justify that. 

Sad day, jds too. :-( 

Love these guys and it is sad to see them go.

Can't help but chuckle tho as they were both talking about title runs before their last fights.