JDS in limbo

I just want to start by saying I'm a cigano fan but I feel he is in limbo now. Im not sure if there would be a 4th fight between himself and Cain especially after the way he was well beaten twice but he is too good to be a gatekeeper.

Looking at the HW picture, Werdum is likely next for Cain as per Dana White. So does he get the loser of Reem/Mir, Bigfoot/hunt (less likely as he recently KOed hunt).

Looking further down the rankings big country is possible as I feel he is too big a name for a Rothwell or Miocic.

Overeem is the only attractive fight for me but where does he go after that as he can't keep knocking off top contenders forever? Phone Post 3.0

Potential Matchups for JDS: Gonzaga,Browne,Barnett,Reem,Bigfoot. I dont care to watch him fight Mir or Hunt again at this point in time.

Good fights for JDS are:

Miocic
Reem
Browne

Maybe Bigfoot

I want to see Cain fight Barnett Phone Post

Overeem just for the match up purposes. Nothing to do with the rankings or getting to the belt. Phone Post

Agreed. The Reem fight would be exciting but a win over him wouldn't do much for JDS at this point. JDS is still the number 2 HW in the world but the number one guy is on another level and the rest are so far behind. Limbo is the perfect term for his situation. The wild card is Cormier but I'm still not sure what division he'll be fighting in. Phone Post

THE CACTUS KID - Potential Matchups for JDS: Gonzaga,Browne,Barnett,Reem,Bigfoot. I dont care to watch him fight Mir or Hunt again at this point in time.

JDS already fought Gonzaga

JDS needs to work on Knees and developing a good clinch and he should have been more active on the elbows they were paying off in the later rounds. 

Also he has a deadly upper cut which is golden against a wrestler and he hardly threw it. I don't get it. And you can't fight backwards against a wrestler either which JDS was doing a bit of in both of their last two fights. You need to cut a really sharp side angle or push forward. If you go back they will throw something making you block and by the time you blocked the attach they will be on your ass trying to work the takedown. 

JDS needs to work on Knees and developing a good clinch and he should have been more active on the elbows they were paying off in the later rounds. 

Also he has a deadly upper cut which is golden against a wrestler and he hardly threw it. I don't get it. And you can't fight backwards against a wrestler either which JDS was doing a bit of in both of their last two fights. You need to cut a really sharp side angle or push forward. If you go back they will throw something making you block and by the time you blocked the attach they will be on your ass trying to work the takedown. 

There is also Barnett to consider. 

^ good point. Barnett JDS would be a good fight also. Phone Post

J2C1 - ^ good point. Barnett JDS would be a good fight also. Phone Post
I agree that Barnett would a good fight. If he gets passed Browne I think he could get a title shot with a win over JDS. Phone Post 3.0

MartialArtsMixed - 
THE CACTUS KID - Potential Matchups for JDS: Gonzaga,Browne,Barnett,Reem,Bigfoot. I dont care to watch him fight Mir or Hunt again at this point in time.

JDS already fought Gonzaga

My bad,i forgot about that one. thanks for the reminder.*scratches Gabe off list

He's a gatekeeper till Cain wants to retire, or he gets a kidney transplant so his body can handle that creatinine. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck belts. Why does anyone give a shit? Is it not sports entertainment enough without a giant gold belt? Phone Post

AlbertEinstein - Fuck belts. Why does anyone give a shit? Is it not sports entertainment enough without a giant gold belt? Phone Post

I think it's a money thing. When your the champ, more money and sponsors. Phone Post