JDS questions need for a manager in the UFC

"If you are a top level fighter and the UFC cuts you, you are fucked with or without a manager."

Not really. Some other organization is going to come running to sign you.

Why would Dana get him to do this? I thought he was on good terms with Soares. What's the difference between 2, 3, 4 champs. Who is this lady lawyer? She is going to be his manager?

If the UFC had their way none of the fighters would have management.

K-Dub-"T" - 
OveREEMed A New Butthole - He has a point actually, WTF is a manager for?
Try contract negotiations... I'd love to see Cigano sitting at the end of the table solo... wondering if he should accept the first lowball offer thrown his way.....

Contract negotiations? LMAO. The UFC will give them what they want to give them and if he doesn't like the money, he can go fight for Bellator instead for a couple thousand. LMAO.

"First you get a manager but what does he do

I'll be the first to tell you baby that I don't have a clue".

SUBLIME's Lord Bradley Nowell from the song Superstar Punani

ttt

Magnum TA - If the UFC had their way none of the fighters would have management.

This is ridiculous... Zuffa would rather work through management than have to deal every single fighter individually.

Managers save alot of time and work for Zuffa... However, Cigano is right in that to certain extent they dont provide the value management provides in other sports.

They are part of the scout/recruitment team for Zuffa and they act as "headhunters" or "placement agencies" for fighters just entering the big leagues.

For the most part they are glorified assistants to Joe Silva and Sean Shelby.

A managers true value mostly comes outside of the UFC... like appearance fee's etc...

Good move, I have never liked Soares, probably because I feel he tries to put himself in the spotlight. JDS always comes off as a good dude and this makes me like him even more.

"This is ridiculous... Zuffa would rather work through management than have to deal every single fighter individually."

Dana has said otherwise in interviews.

K-Dub-"T" -
Try contract negotiations... I'd love to see Cigano sitting at the end of the table solo... wondering if he should accept the first lowball offer thrown his way.....

I could negotiate on jds behalf and get paid a fraction of what a manager gets paid. The UFC has all the leverage anyways. Phone Post

"LoL, thanks for getting me to the top.  Later!"

Kind of an asshat move. Manager helps get him to the UFC. Gets there, does well, leaves manager.

Well, in 5 years when his career goes south guess we'll see what happens.

Guess Soares was spending too much time with Anderson Silva. :(

Somewhere Lew Polley is laughing. "See I told you"

seems like we are missing some details.

Enemies - Kind of an asshat move. Manager helps get him to the UFC. Gets there, does well, leaves manager.

Well, in 5 years when his career goes south guess we'll see what happens.

Guess Soares was spending too much time with Anderson Silva. :(

Soares didnt KO Werdum

Soares didnt win any fights for him

Soares didnt break a sweat in JDS's workouts

In my opinion, Managers are ADVISORS at best. They can tell you what they think is best, but the decisions are still yours to make. I dont see much of a need for them if you are the type of guy who can manage your own schedules.

Soares to JDS: in Portugese You were like my brother! How could you do this to me! I did not ask your sisters out! You go to hell!

Soares to the media: translated to English JDS and I are on very good terms. He is going to be visiting different camps and learning as much from them as possible, just like I advised him, we are still best buds. I wish him the best.

Anti JR - Mayweather & RJJ self managed.

JDS needs Ken Pavia

Really? I thought RJJ was managed along with Mayweather

^ leonard ellerbe

Mayweather has an advisor. Phone Post

marketinghelp2 - 
K-Dub-"T" - 

Contract negotiations? LMAO. The UFC will give them what they want to give them and if he doesn't like the money, he can go fight for Bellator instead for a couple thousand. LMAO.
Yup... spoken like a complete clueless fool.

Ask UFC what hapened when Couture, Vera, Tito, Penn, etc didn't like their offer. Did they/thier managers negotiate?

Clueless noob says?

M-1? lol.